Former President Trump Thread

While my state of New York sometimes goes blue, it is the home state of our Wonderful President Donald John Trump Esq. Not to mention he got 2.8 million votes here. Thats the 6th most of any state in the country. So you really can never be sure and I think we're a swing state.

Dave

Staff member

Dave

Staff member
He named two governors by name. One is Washington and the other is Michigan. Aren't they both swing states?

figmentPez

Staff member
He named two governors by name. One is Washington and the other is Michigan. Aren't they both swing states?
His ego takes precedence over strategy. Though it's also possible he thinks that he can spin this to make Democrats look bad.

as a Michigander i feel the need to point out that he absolutely did *not* address the governor of Michigan by name. The actual thing this punk bitch “leader” said was “Washington Governor Jay Inslee and ‘that woman’ in Michigan”

So, withholding medical aid to your own people to advance political goals is genocide.

Now, way back when this thread started, how many of us truly thought we would be at two seperate genocides before the end of his first term?

It’s not about being surprised anymore, its about not ignoring it and normalizing it. Stay loud, stay angry
Oh, I'm already angry. But what you are seeing isn't a normalization of it. What you are seeing are two sides of America. One who finds this horrible excuse for a human being repulsive and sickening. The other thinks he's sticking it to the rest of us, 'being real', and standing up to us. There is no normal anymore, and while I appreciate that others have hope, I'm just not there anymore.

This country is going to elect this horrible person again, and I don't know how I'm going to react to that level of dread a second time. The worst part is this time, I'll know the dread is substantiated.

A big part of the problem is the constant yellow journalism brought by Fox. Hearst would be envious of it. Until they come down hard on the lies peddled from that swill of a network, there's always going to be a portion of the population that they're always right because they're white and Christian.

figmentPez

Staff member
A big part of the problem is the constant yellow journalism brought by Fox. Hearst would be envious of it. Until they come down hard on the lies peddled from that swill of a network, there's always going to be a portion of the population that they're always right because they're white and Christian.
I think a bigger problem is that few news sources are brave enough to call Trump a liar when he lies. They're still pretending that Trump deserves the respect that the Office of the President deserves, and by doing so they are disrespecting the Office of the President. News outlets need to stop covering Trump live, so that they don't give him a chance to lie to the American public anymore, and when they do air coverage of his statements, they need to label what he's said as lies. "President Trump today lied about a partnership with Google to create a nationwide website for COVID-19 testing." , "In a speech today President Trump lied about certain prescription drugs being an effective treatment for Coronavirus, and we urge readers to disregard his statements and to seek information from credible medical resources."

I think a bigger problem is that few news sources are brave enough to call Trump a liar when he lies. They're still pretending that Trump deserves the respect that the Office of the President deserves, and by doing so they are disrespecting the Office of the President. News outlets need to stop covering Trump live, so that they don't give him a chance to lie to the American public anymore, and when they do air coverage of his statements, they need to label what he's said as lies. "President Trump today lied about a partnership with Google to create a nationwide website for COVID-19 testing." , "In a speech today President Trump lied about certain prescription drugs being an effective treatment for Coronavirus, and we urge readers to disregard his statements and to seek information from credible medical resources."
Access means more to them than the truth. This administration is more than willing to pull press passes, so the other outlets will continue to kowtow.