Former President Trump Thread

I'm genuinely worried that if we get too many clips like that, trump will fire him and we lose basically the only competent person in the administration doing something about this.

Barr petitions Congress to indefinitely suspend Bill of Rights
...well, the 6th Amendment, at least.
In the United States, you have the right to present before a judge and ask to be released from custody before trial. [...] This is called the right of habeas corpus. The idea [being] that you absolutely cannot be arrested and [...] held indefinitely until the government decides that they will release you. [...The DoJ] also asked Congress to pass a law saying that immigrants who test positive for COVID-19 cannot qualify as asylum seekers.
--Patrick

Over here they asked to suspend the right to free movement, which makes sense since they're banning unnecessary travel on Monday.

But yeah, sure, suspend the right to appear before a judge to determine if your arrest was ok....

figmentPez

Staff member
So, is this Trump's dementia? Rich people trying to consolidate wealth? Russia trying to collapse our government and take over?

Whatever the reason, it's unconscionable for Trump to be allowed to remain in power. He's not mentally fit to be president if he's willing to murder millions of Americans.

So, is this Trump's dementia? Rich people trying to consolidate wealth? Russia trying to collapse our government and take over?

Whatever the reason, it's unconscionable for Trump to be allowed to remain in power. He's not mentally fit to be president if he's willing to murder millions of Americans.
He said he could shoot a guy on fifth avenue. Now he's just testing how many people he can shoot at once.

Trump's people have sent out cease and desists over this ad. Which is hilarious, because all it does it give his direct quotes over top of the CV19 cases.

I think I'll have to 'accidentaly' have my bluetooth headphones disconnect while playing this real loud tomorrow at work tomorrow.

And another video:

Fuck the GOP, with a baseball bat wrapped with rusty constertina wire dipped in scotch bonnet juice.

Mexicans want crackdown on coronavirus-carrying American border crossers
A growing number of people in Mexico want their government to crack down on the reportedly growing number of American citizens who are fleeing south to escape Trump's colossal mismanagement of the worsening U.S. outbreak.
All this time Coronavirus was just Trump's clever way of forcing Mexico to build a wall for free!
Oh my God, you guys. 300IQ play, right there.

--Patrick

Independents think he's doing a good job. His base always does, of course. But independents polled were like 60-65% in favor of how he handled it.

Not sure WHY or what the fuck they were looking at, but there it is.

edit: Here's a good article as to why, including some pretty severe democratic blundering. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opin...p-handling-crisis-opinion-jennings/index.html
I hate to say it this way, but not enough people are dead, especially in middle America, and the economy hasn't crashed enough. If we're still like this in a month, the polls may be very different. Right now people are still very much in denial.

GasBandit

Staff member
Independents think he's doing a good job. His base always does, of course. But independents polled were like 60-65% in favor of how he handled it.

Not sure WHY or what the fuck they were looking at, but there it is.

edit: Here's a good article as to why, including some pretty severe democratic blundering. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opin...p-handling-crisis-opinion-jennings/index.html
Wow, Nancy. Just... wow. You took what should have been a slam dunk for democrats and screwed the pooch more than I think I have seen in recent memory.

Somehow, the mere fact that he's "out there" and "talking to the nation" is apparently enough to give a good impression.
Let's be very clear: the USA has done an appalling job so far, and everything that's been done right, has been done by governors, or despite Trump. His approach has been the same as always - minimizing, diverting blame, undercutting scientists and professionals.
If he continues to succeed at casting blame everywhere except on himself, well, guess the media still aren't anti-Trump enough? Or something? Because, really, you're doing a worse job than Italy or China.
Of course, so far, it's mainly hit New York and California - and when looking at other countries, it most likely will continue to hit mostly cities and highly developed areas with lots of (international) travel and lots of people in cramped conditions. The Midwest and South with more agrarian communities and more people spaced out, won't be hit as hard...But will reap some of the "rewards" put in place.

If he continues to succeed at casting blame everywhere except on himself, well, guess the media still aren't anti-Trump enough? Or something? Because, really, you're doing a worse job than Italy or China.
I think what's going on is too many people are concentrating so hard on sucking up to the position of President that they're missing just what a danger the person is.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I'd have loved to have seen that safety net get more love than the fucking airline industry. Right now the safety net is strained to the breaking point. You can almost feel the hand of the GOP in that one.