Former President Trump Thread

Dave

Staff member
It has to be reduced for Trump to pardon him. And that's what this is all about.

Well, that and the DOJ now going full Trump.

figmentPez

Staff member

According to this, there's a 5 year waiting period, from the time of release from confinement. So Stone will have to avoid prison (or even house arrest) to be pardoned at the end of a second term for Trump.

Assuming they follow the existing guidelines, which they won't if it inconveniences them in any way.

Dave

Staff member

If you don't know who she is (because I didn't): Lawfare Executive Editor, Brookings Senior Fellow, CNN National Security and Legal Analyst, Former IC attorney.

One of the prosecutors resigned rather than ask the judge in court for a lighter sentence. Apparently the DOJ has agreed to ask for lighter sentencing after Trump's proclamation on Twitter (where all legally binding demands are made now).

So I always start YouTube with a "clean" browser and not signed into my Google acct, so really the only thing Google has to guess at my location/demographic is my IP address.

Six of the top 33 "suggested" videos (that's about 18%) are about which shotguns are best for self-/home-defense, how to build a shelter in the forest, self-sufficiency/off-grid living, etc.

I'm sure it's just coincidence and doesn't mean anything at all.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I meant that it sounds like he’s trying to reinvent the wall around West Berlin. But that one was only about 100miles long, and our border with Mexico is almost 20x that.
Am I wrong in thinking that the border between North Korea and South Korea has similar fortifications?t

I was going to say that the comparison was apt, what with both of them being misshapen toddlers given too much power, but I was aiming for that good ol’ White Supremacist/Nazi angle.
Also I don’t want it to take ~30yrs for everyone to finally decide it was a stupid idea, I want them to decide now so we don’t have to waste all that money... once to build it, and then once more to clean it up.

—Patrick

Then, while literally telling Donald Trump “You’re fired,” Cohl noticed Trump’s “three shtarkers he’s with, in trench coats, two of them are putting on gloves and the other one is putting on brass knuckles.”
Yes, because this seems like the thing a normal human would have with him while crashing someone else's event.