Former President Trump Thread

Lindsay Graham wants Guiliani to testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee about corruption in Ukraine. I can't tell if he's trying to torpedo Trump or if he actually thinks this is a good idea.

All 3 of those tweets reek of, let's here your version of the facts, not tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

All 3 of those tweets reek of, let's here your version of the facts, not tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
It's ok, because even if Guiliani starts lying, he'll probably also tell the truth while thinking he's lying.

This is pretty huge though. If there is one thing many people take higher then politics, it's religion, and considering this guy has millions of viewers, it could be pretty damaging for Trump.
I'm guessing Putin isn't willing to risk an impeachment, so he's having him go big before he's out...

73 new counts of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct levied against cheeto today

This could be just the distraction he needs to cover up burning the constitution yesterday and that impeachment is regicide. Was deicide not an option?

Yeah the writing is on the wall. cheeto is done, just how bad will he leave things before he goes.

Ukraine might bring him down, but Turkey definitely will.

In the past 4 days, he abandoned the Kurds, surrendered Syria to Russia and almost scuttled the $1,000,000,000,000 F35 fighter program.

Fow what? So Turkey can kill the Kurdish resistance and forcibly remove Syrian refugees.

But why? So Turkey will continue to be the biggest spender at his properties and not seize his tower in Istanbul.

I seriously doubt the American Military Complex will allow him to occupy the White House much longer.

Well to be fair guys, cheeto is increasingly fucking with the military now. And up until now, he just let them do their own thing.

You can't bum me out with John Oliver memes, I won a free coffee!

I think it feels like some combination between "Trump trying to do as much as possible for Russia and himself before being ousted" and "Trump trying to use ever-greater foreign creative destruction to distract from the attacks on him". I honestly don't know if he/whoever is his brains thinks they need to do as much as possible now to ensure a lasting upsetting of the balance (which I'm fairly sure has already been achieved), or if they think they can weather this and just need an ever bigger diversion.

I vote former, withdrawing from the clear skies agreement only benefits Russia and hurts everyone else in the world. And yet 2 days later it's out of the news cycle.

And that master of Petroleum, the Secretary of Energy himself, come on down! You're the next contestant on who wants to get a subpoena!

figmentPez

Staff member
Time for some more quoting of the founding fathers:

"The danger then consists merely in this: the president can displace from office a man whose merits require that he should be continued in it. What will be the motives which the president can feel for such abuse of his power, and the restraints that operate to prevent it? In the first place, he will be impeachable by this house, before the senate, for such an act of maladministration; for I contend that the wanton removal of meritorious officers would subject him to impeachment and removal from his own high trust. But what can be his motives for displacing a worthy man? It must be that he may fill the place with an unworthy creature of his own. "

- James Madison Removal Power of the President, [17 June] 1789