Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
I just wanted to add context. It's easy to point out he barely knows how to talk, we don't need to also willfully misunderstand just because we don't like him.
I don't think mocking his inability to communicate is the same as willfully misunderstanding him. Others are free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Trump doesn't think the moon is part of Mars.

The problem I have is that your clarification feeds right back into the lie he's trying to tell here. Namely, he's trying to convince people that NASA is the one holding back science, and that they only want to go to the moon. Correcting the way Trump said that, without correcting his slander of NASA, is exactly what he wants. Congrats, he just got a ton of news stories drawing attention to the lie he's telling, and the only correction most people are offering are to make his lie more articulate for him.

I don't think mocking his inability to communicate is the same as willfully misunderstanding him. Others are free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Trump doesn't think the moon is part of Mars.

The problem I have is that your clarification feeds right back into the lie he's trying to tell here. Namely, he's trying to convince people that NASA is the one holding back science, and that they only want to go to the moon. Correcting the way Trump said that, without correcting his slander of NASA, is exactly what he wants. Congrats, he just got a ton of news stories drawing attention to the lie he's telling, and the only correction most people are offering are to make his lie more articulate for him.
Aside from trying to read the scrambled thoughts of what Trump actually wants, his tweet is definitely problematic in two ways. One is the awful writing. The other is contradicting himself by first stating that we are wasting time going to the moon, followed by saying we should be going to the moon (on our way to Mars.) The entire tweet is essentially meaningless.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel we only give his supporters ammunition to discredit all his detractors when we willfully misinterpret what he said. "Fake News" and all that. You could argue they will believe him anyways no matter what, but I worry there may be just a few voters that, come election time, will be swayed because we didn't take him to task on credible issues and instead willfully made fun of him by making it look like he was implying the Moon was part of Mars. We need all the votes we can get, so I would rather shit over his policy problems rather then his numerous, exhausting gaffs that have become a staple of his presidency.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel we only give his supporters ammunition to discredit all his detractors when we willfully misinterpret what he said. "Fake News" and all that. You could argue they will believe him anyways no matter what, but I worry there may be just a few voters that, come election time, will be swayed because we didn't take him to task on credible issues and instead willfully made fun of him by making it look like he was implying the Moon was part of Mars. We need all the votes we can get, so I would rather shit over his policy problems rather then his numerous, exhausting gaffs that have become a staple of his presidency.
Sure, he may be deconstructing our entire democracy, using his power to obstruct justice, selling our country out to a foreign nation, and willfully advancing the racist and bigoted views of those around him, but someone was mean to him on twitter so he gets my vote.

I am no longer thinking the House should start impeachment proceedings.

They need to start considering invoking the 25th Amendment. Specifically, the fourth clause.

Only one problem:

Kalt & Pozen said:
Section 4 addresses the dramatic case of a President who may be unable to fulfill his constitutional role but who cannot or will not step aside. It provides both a decision-maker and a procedure. The initial deciding group is the Vice President and a majority of either the Cabinet or some other body that Congress may designate (though Congress has never done so). If this group declares a President “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” the Vice President immediately becomes Acting President. If and when the President pronounces himself able, the deciding group has four days to disagree. If it does not, the President retakes his powers. But if it does, the Vice President keeps control while Congress quickly meets and makes a decision. The voting rule in these contested cases favors the President; the Vice President continues acting as President only if two-thirds majorities of both chambers agree that the President is unable to serve.

Section 3 and (especially) Section 4 are long and complicated by constitutional standards. Nevertheless, they leave a number of issues unsettled—most significantly, what counts as presidential “inability.” At the Constitutional Convention in 1787, delegate John Dickinson asked, “What is the extent of the term ‘disability’” in the proposed presidential succession clause, “and who is to be the judge of it?” No response is recorded. By giving the President, Vice President, and Congress important and distinct roles, the Framers of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment went a long way toward answering the second part of Dickinson’s question, rather than try to resolve the first part.

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-xxv

Last edited:
Well, it is the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11.

Hm. Could the House set up a committee to determine the mental health status of the President, and try to get enough GOP senators on their side to do the same in the Senate? Maybe at least give them the bone that we'd be seeing President Pence, at least?

God, I feel dirty saying that.

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe it's just me, but I feel we only give his supporters ammunition to discredit all his detractors when we willfully misinterpret what he said.
As I said before, mocking his ability to communicate is not willfully misinterpreting what he said. We know what he meant, we're mocking his inability to articulate that.

EDIT:
Furthermore, you'll note that I never said, or even implied, that Dolt45 thinks the moon is part of Mars. My stance for this entire conversation has been: 1. He's not being very clear about what he's saying (this is objectively true), and 2. He's misrepresenting NASA to a slanderous degree.

figmentPez

Staff member
And another thing. If you're going to call me to task for mocking his inability to communciate, let me remind you that any reasonable president would have a writer look over his tweets before he made them. There's no excuse for making such ridiculously bad statements. He has the option to do better. It is his choice to be this incomprehensible. It is his choice to miscommunicate. Since he is making that choice, I will mock him for it. He deserves to be mocked for making bad choices.

Maybe it's just me [...]
I just want you to know that I fully appreciate your motivations for doing what you're doing, and know intimately what you're going through, but take it from me when I say that your words will most likely not sway opinions, and may even be viewed as an attack.

--Patrick

I just want you to know that I fully appreciate your motivations for doing what you're doing, and know intimately what you're going through, but take it from me when I say that your words will most likely not sway opinions, and may even be viewed as an attack.

--Patrick
Something something fuck cheeto and fuck his supporters and lickspittles.

cheeto declares victory over Mexico! Drops tariff threat.

Mexico agrees to abide by the conditions their diplomats negotiated ...........in January.

cheeto declares victory over Mexico! Drops tariff threat.

Mexico agrees to abide by the conditions their diplomats negotiated ...........in January.
And it’s going to be a major win for Trump, because his idiotic supporters will now see him as the man who fixed immigration and bent Mexico to his will. This was always a dog and pony show, and it’ll help get him re-elected.

Zappit

Staff member
And it’s going to be a major win for Trump, because his idiotic supporters will now see him as the man who fixed immigration and bent Mexico to his will. This was always a dog and pony show, and it’ll help get him re-elected.
The man could step in a puddle and those cognitive defectives would claim he walked on water.

The moon in three (paraphrased) tweets.

Trump: #YouAreGoing
NASA: #WeAreGoing
Trump: #NoYoureNot

Fuck you, you tiny-fingered, cheeto-faced, ferret-wearing shitgibbon.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, now Dolt45 is openly saying that he will take aid from foreign powers, allowing them to interfere with the US electoral process.

He’s comparing it to routine conversations he has with foreign leaders. Something like “Last week I spoke with Queen Elizabeth, should i report that to the FBI too?”
Technically, yes, if anything of importance was discussed or mentioned. Etc etc. The guy is an idiot.

That one was probably autocorrect.

EDIT: Never mind, I've typed whales lots of times and never Wales, but it suggested Wales and wouldn't change it after the word finished.