Former President Trump Thread

I would say if you voted for Trump and realized it was a bad choice, I can forgive you
If that's the case for someone, I assume they're a moron that struggles with remembering to breathe. He very clearly showed who he was before the election.

It's almost like the Republican party got rid of all their progressive and liberal Republicans in order to appease a bunch of Southern Racists and now we all have to suffer for it.

Besides, what's so offensive about calling a place a shithole anyways?
Well, people who don't live in a shithole will be offended that you are comparing where they live to an anus.
People who do live in a shithole will be offended because they don't want to be reminded of their substandard living conditions.

--Patrick

I mean, Buffalo used to be a shithole, but now it's pretty nice. So I think Blots kind of gets the shithole thing.

It was mainly his unprecedented executive overreach in the name of his policies. Which is what the pattern I was outlaying in my post was.

"If Congress won't act, I will"
"Here, have an executive order unilaterally enacting something I said on camera wasn't in my power to do"

I said it then, and I'll remind you and everybody else - that basically set the table for President Trump's all-you-can-eat power abusmorasbord.
Executive orders wouldn't mean shit if the rest of your government did it's job and legislate.

Since when has that stopped any of their policies?
Whenever there's an election, it stops it dead in it's tracks... until the week after, because y'all tend to forget it until the next election.

That's our Blots, winning hearts and minds to the cause.
When a Dem does it, he's scaring people away, but when Trump does it, he's telling it like it is, and the libs are just being snowflakes about it...

Funny how that works.

What was that definition of insanity again?
Post automatically merged:

Again, create a crisis, then fix the crisis.
Well, he did end that horrid questioning of Obama's birth place that Hillary totally started... you got to give him that.
Post automatically merged:

Disempower the president.
Yeah, because he's doing it all on his own, lets forget the fact that Turtleman refused to bring X to a vote in the Senate every time, and the only reason he's able to do that is because his party pretends he's doing it on his own, when they could replace him as majority leader in an instant.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, because he's doing it all on his own, lets forget the fact that Turtleman refused to bring X to a vote in the Senate every time, and the only reason he's able to do that is because his party pretends he's doing it on his own, when they could replace him as majority leader in an instant.
Disempower the senate too.

Turtleman refused to bring X to a vote in the Senate every time, and the only reason he's able to do that is because his party pretends he's doing it on his own, when they could replace him as majority leader in an instant.
It does rather feel like we're being governed by a bunch of Bartleby the Scriveners, doesn't it? They could do something about it, they just would prefer not to at the present time.

--Patrick

Wag The Dog. That's what we have here. Except the GOP is thinking it's a training video and not a fictional movie.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unrelated, but that's a story I had to read in high school and man does it not work until you're older than that.
And even then, I would prefer not to.

Also my high school english teacher made us go one further and WRITE A SEQUEL to that. I made him get abducted by aliens.

Unrelated, but that's a story I had to read in high school and man does it not work until you're older than that.
It never stops.
Your whole lifetime will be layered with epiphanies of varied importance.
You'll be 63 years old and catch some rerun of Braceface or Invader Zim in your car while it drives you to work, and you'll finally "get" something, and mutter "Frak!" to yourself.
my high school english teacher made us go one further and WRITE A SEQUEL to that. I made him get abducted by aliens.
1) Our English teacher made us write a sequel to Of Mice and Men.
2) Does your English teacher know you don't capitalize "English?"

--Patrick

And even then, I would prefer not to.

Also my high school english teacher made us go one further and WRITE A SEQUEL to that. I made him get abducted by aliens.
I wrote a sequel to the Odyssey for a project for English class. I had Odysseus and Telemachus travel forward in time to meet their descendant, who's a cop in New York.

Got an A+.

Dave

Staff member
I wish we would have had to write sequels. I'd have done "To Kill A Mockingbird" and I'd have titled it "To Kill a Different Bird" and I'd have made it into a Hitchcock crossover.

I wish we would have had to write sequels. I'd have done "To Kill A Mockingbird" and I'd have titled it "To Kill a Different Bird" and I'd have made it into a Hitchcock crossover.
That book had already been written when you were in school? I assumed you wrote Exodus, the sequel to Genesis, since it was the only book already in existence.

My senior english thesis was on Brave New World. I made the argument that John Savage was in the wrong, and that society was better off drugged into a grey middle ground where strong emotion was kept at bay I used statistics on suicides and crimes of passion, as well as ideological genocide to support my claims. I figured I was being counter-culture and edgy. Now that I'm an adult, I realize that my teacher probably got at least one of those a year, and she probably rolled her eyes and laughed at me when she read it.

In high school we had to write a Epilogue for The Giver. I don't think there was one amongst us that didn't write about the protag going back to get his sister or that chick he had a wet dream about.

Did we ever see his long form birth certificate, though?
I've only seen one picture of Mary Trump. It's hard to imagine something that cold giving birth to anything. It's the face of someone who probably hasn't heard or said a loving word in their lifetime.

I've only seen one picture of Mary Trump. It's hard to imagine something that cold giving birth to anything. It's the face of someone who probably hasn't heard or said a loving word in their lifetime.
I just looked her up and yikes.

...also I can see where Don got his hair style tips from.