Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
I fucking hate these people.

This current witch hunt for anti-antisemitism; now that's something that is in danger of becoming like McCarthyism. It's not there yet, but it's rapidly headed in that direction. Accusations are vaguely defined, and the call for consequences are wildly disproportionate to what people are being accused of.

Doesn't really matter. The House simply has to call Mueller before them and ask them questions about the report. If the Republicans wish to counter or call Mueller a liar, they would have to make the report public.

Regardless, if Obama couldn't keep his house in order, Trump certainly can't keep his; it WILL be leaked and there WILL be repercussions.

This current witch hunt for anti-antisemitism; now that's something that is in danger of becoming like McCarthyism. It's not there yet, but it's rapidly headed in that direction. Accusations are vaguely defined, and the call for consequences are wildly disproportionate to what people are being accused of.
And accusations made by people who have been courting Nazis the last two years. They probably feel which way the wind is blowing and are covering their asses by projecting.

Behold the party of fiscal conservancy!

Current GOP Strategy:
Step 1: Cut taxes to a ridiculously low amount (mostly for the wealthy)
Step 2: Watch as the budget deficit skyrockets
Step 3: Complain about how the evil liberals and their "using the government to help people" ideas cost too much
Step 4: Cut services to all the people you don't like
Step 5: Go back to step 1, repeat until it's the 19th century again

GasBandit

Staff member
This happens every time the republicans control both the executive and legislative branches. The only times in living history when federal spending did NOT outpace inflation is when opposing parties control those two branches.

How you come to no collusion despite JR meeting with Russian officials, who knows. Also, Barr is exceedingly Trump's boy.

As Rogue POTUS Staff puts it:

How you come to no collusion despite . . .
If there was collusion between Trump (or his close associates) and Russia, that is not something I'd announce to the world.

Of course, that assumes there's a Congress and Senate that would work hastily to remove the traitor from office.

I mean, Barr has repeatedly stated that he opposed investigations into a sitting President, period. That's why he got the job.

figmentPez

Staff member
Summary by Barr; no collusion, obstruction of justice to be determined by Congress not DOJ.
I'm bothered by one man being in charge of the summation of such a major investigation. Shouldn't there be a dissenting opinion, or something? Of course a man appointed for the sole purpose of promoting the idea that you shouldn't investigate a sitting President is going to say that nothing was found from investigating the sitting president.

What I hate most about this is that the same people who say "How can 'science' say that climate change is real? There are scientists who disagree, no one person speaks for science as a whole!" are the same people who are going to say that this summary means that the Mueller investigation should have never happened.

Hey, remember when Barr was the head of the DoJ under HW Bush and he recommended that Bush pardon the people involved in Iran/Contra? Guy knows how to sweep Presidential crimes under the rug, I tell you what.

I like how he decided not to pursue obstruction of justice because there was no proven crime to obstruct... which basically admits he did attempt to obstruct the investigation.

If I ever start forgetting why I want to kill myself, all I have to do is read Trump tweets and listen to his supporters. Of course, then I decide to live out of sheer spite against them. So it's basically counterproductive.