Former President Trump Thread

I'm still incredibly amused by the idea of raking the leaves out of a forest. I'm also really curious about what sort of plants would take over from the ones that relied on the decomposing leaves. I'm guessing they'd be the ugly bug eating sort that would eventually evolve into triffids.

Zappit

Staff member
Did you read the transcripts of that “record clean” speech? It seriously reads like a goat ate a children’s dictionary and shit out a script.

Dave

Staff member
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/tru...-with-putin-citing-standoff-with-ukraine.html

He cancels a meeting with Putin. Gee, i wonder why he feels he should back away? The funny thing is, it will take all of about a minute for his followers to point at this and say, "See? He's not easy on Russia! No collusion! MAGA! MAGA!"

You know, that would make an excellent political cartoon. A chicken with wild eyes screaming, "MAGA! MAGA!" The caption could read, "Modern Day Chicken-Hawks"

From the article, though:

But the social-media scuttling of the sitdown came an hour after he personally told reporters that he would probably meet with Putin.

And it came just two hours after Trump's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about the president's involvement in an aborted real estate deal in Moscow.

From Law and Crime:

President Trump just last week submitted a series of written answers to several questions posed by the special counsel’s office. These questions were strictly related to one prong of Mueller’s wide-ranging inquiry: Russian electoral interference during the 2016 presidential campaign.​
...​
Cohen’s plea more or less comes immediately after Mueller’s team took the time to review Trump’s on the record statements–statements made under penalty of perjury. And legal experts say that’s no coincidence.​

The law offices of cheetos Chicago tax evasion experts were just raided.

Game time!

Mueller is to cheeto as

_______ is to ________

figmentPez

Staff member
Federal agents raid office of lawyer who previously did tax work for Trump

This is a tax lawyer who had worked for Trump for 12 years, and only stopped this past summer citing “irreconcilable differences". (I'm betting that translates to "Trump wants us to do blatantly illegal things to help him cover up the blatantly treasonous things he did, which the shady-but-not-outright-illegal things we've done could lead investigators to discover, so we want out now before the shit really hits the fan.")

I suppose that depends on what you consider "nothing" to be.
No impeachment, no charges or arrests for anyone actually in Trump's inner circle, and no substantial change to the way the Trump Administration goes about its business.

I also would not be surprised if the minions who do get prison sentences are immediately pardoned.

I'd have to consider his personal lawyer, campaign managers, close friend and advisor Roger Stone, etc, members of his inner circle. Cohen's plead guilty to 9 charges and turned state's evidence, Manafort just borked his plea deal and will probably get Trump hit with perjury, and Roger Stone's emails are very close to proving the collusion.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm getting a little sick of hearing "you could put it on your taco"! Concentration matters, you imbeciles. People doing competitive eating challenges have ended up with holes in their esophagus because of the violent vomiting that resulted. Carbon dioxide is in every breath of air you take, but dry ice will still suffocate people if you use it to make your pool all bubbly and foggy. Touch a 9 volt battery to your tongue and it'll tingle; string enough of those batteries in series and it'll stop your heart.

Should we be using tear gas as riot control at all? I don't know, but I sure as hell don't think someone who thinks it's just taco sauce should be allowed a voice in the matter.

Some people have high tolerance levels to OC. Some build up tolerance to it. Others get bothered by the mere sight of the stuff. And there are those who stop breathing when it hits them. And there's the issue of accidental exposure by LEO's.

Two things,

cheeto signed NAFTA2 in the wrong place and then sprinted off the stage abaddoniing the Argentinian president in the process while saying "get me out of here"

Dave

Staff member
I tried to post a video of that but it was on gfycat and the software hates that since they've updated their API.

Rumour has it that the current resident of the White House tweeted obstruction of justice again. Makes you wonder how his lawyers feel.