Former President Trump Thread

Why are all these large companies giving Cohen millions of dollars?
From Reuters today: "AT&T Inc on Friday ousted its top lobbyist, and the No. 2 wireless carrier’s chief executive said it was a 'big mistake' to hire Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, for advice on working with the Trump administration."

Hmm, guess they'll have to go to their #2 lobbyist now.

--Patrick

I would like it explained as well ...

I think the Qatari spies who helped buy Rosnet for trump and Cohen approached Ice Cube to funnel cash to Steve Bannon under the guise of Ice Cubes new 3v3 basketball league and in doing so admitted that they had already purchased Michael Flynn. These are the same Qatari spies seen with Cohen around the time of the Russian spy meeting in trump tower and also purchased a condo in trump tower above list.

WTF is going on?

I would like it explained as well ...

I think the Qatari spies who helped buy Rosnet for trump and Cohen approached Ice Cube to funnel cash to Steve Bannon under the guise of Ice Cubes new 3v3 basketball league and in doing so admitted that they had already purchased Michael Flynn. These are the same Qatari spies seen with Cohen around the time of the Russian spy meeting in trump tower and also purchased a condo in trump tower above list.

WTF is going on?
Trump really liked how Hillary funded the Clinton Foundation and is doubling down on the idea.

New day new head shake

Chinese company ZTE violates Iran sanctions.
USA spanks ZTE
trump jumps to save ZTE
Chinese government gives trump $500m
White House says not our problem when asked about how illegal this seems

NK threatening to pull out of the summit over WH demands.

If it were any other administration, it would be usual NK assholery, but the Trumpkins can't get out of their own way, so it'd be no surprise to anyone if they managed to fuck this one up too.

North Korea recognizes how desperate trump is for the good PR from a "successful" summit. They're probably trying to see if they can get us to pull our troops out of the south (which China would like as well).

North Korea recognizes how desperate trump is for the good PR from a "successful" summit. They're probably trying to see if they can get us to pull our troops out of the south (which China would like as well).
South Korea wants us gone too. The only one who wants the US to be in South Korea is the US because it lets us keep some semblance of stability between SK and Japan, who has done some AWFUL shit to Korea in the past basically out of boredom and racism. But as long as Shinzo Abe and his conservative party (notorious for it's desire to engage in military adventurism) hold control over Japan, there is some very real threat of war breaking out between China, Korea, and Japan.

The AP were just barred from entering an EPA press conference. When they asked to speak with a press secretary for the EPA they were physically tossed from the building.

Why?

No really, it's the AP. I want to know why?

figmentPez

Staff member
They could only accommodate ten news outlets? Can anyone give me a good reason why they'd choose to make such important statements in a venue that can't hold more of the press?

They could only accommodate ten news outlets? Can anyone give me a good reason why they'd choose to make such important statements in a venue that can't hold more of the press?
It isn't a press conference? Of course, whether that's a "good" reason or not is up for debate, but many summits limit or disallow press access.

The better question is whether these specific outlets were targeted, or if they truly came to the door too late.

It might be interesting to compare this to historical press limits: https://www.google.com/search?q=media+protests+white+house

And there are many who blame the previous administration for the current acceptance of press limits:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/...ld-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html

----------
Criticism of Mr. Obama’s stance on press freedom, government transparency and secrecy is hotly disputed by the White House, but many journalism groups say the record is clear. Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined. It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists.

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

I experienced this pressure firsthand when the administration tried to compel me to testify to reveal my confidential sources in a criminal leak investigation. The Justice Department finally relented — even though it had already won a seven-year court battle that went all the way to the Supreme Court to force me to testify — most likely because they feared the negative publicity that would come from sending a New York Times reporter to jail.
----------

More:
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...426-obamas-legacy-the-trashing-of-free-speech
https://www.cjr.org/analysis/the_president_and_the_press.php

So I don't know what to tell you. The reasons behind limiting press access to a summit may simply be that press is a distraction from the work the summit intends to complete.

Or it may be a blatant attempt to hide important information and decisions from the citizens of the nation.

They aren't going to admit to the second, though.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe that the reporters were targeted, or that they should have made an unlimited number of seats available for them? Are you asking for more press access to the summit, and not just the little bit they are provided in person and via live stream? What is your understanding of what the summit is for, who's participating, and what they're expecting to accomplish during it, and what is the importance of press access to the summit?

I saw the BBC tag and thought it was the other story from them today.

Ukraine rolled the dice and bet on Clinton and lost.
Huge embarrassment for their PM.
Ukraine is granted a phone call with trump.
Ukraine pays Cohen $$$,$$$
Ukraine gets huge in person meeting with trump, pictures galore!
Ukraine stops cooperating with Mueller.

Dear sir or madam,

I'm writing to inform you that I hold you in the utmost respect, and that while we will be unable to meet at this time, I continue to have high hopes for future endeavors.

Also, my penis is huge. Like...big. Just terrifying really.

Anyway, hope we can work together in the future.

Sincerely,
Don "The Hog" trump