Former President Trump Thread

Even better is that he called it "fake news" when told he had said that about muslims. Then when they showed him a video of him saying these things, he denied saying that he had called it "fake news" even though he'd done so merely minutes before and they had him on video saying it.
My favourite part was when he added "not today", as if lying about it the previous days was somehow better.

How is this even news?

You guys do know his 2nd wife was the mistress his 1st wife divorced him over, right?
I did not know that.

The same way I know nothing about Kim Kardashian (I really do know nothing) or Angelina Jolie even though everything about their life is readily available.

Dave

Staff member
I don't give a shit about any politician and their private lives, unless they run on something contrary to what they do. Example: A pro-life republican congressman who gets an abortion for his daughter or mistress. Or the anti-gay politician who secretly meets with underaged male prostitutes or gets caught sexting with men (too many examples to link.)

But a straight married man or woman who does not run on a platform of "family values" and ends up having an affair? I don't give a shit. This applies to Trump. Unless it turns out his affair is with a dude, it's not my business.

But a straight married man or woman who does not run on a platform of "family values" and ends up having an affair? I don't give a shit. This applies to Trump. Unless it turns out his affair is with a dude, it's not my business.
You know that he did right?

Dave

Staff member
You know that he did right?
No, he didn't. "Family values" in the context in which he was using it were nothing more than buzzwords for "white christian values" which called for no abortions or gay marriage. They are textbook dog whistles.

I do think it's my business what their character is like, because if they can't keep their vows to the person who is (obstensibly) the most important person in their life, then how the fuck can you trust them with anything else? Divorce before affair is another thing entirely, but cheating while married? No, if you're unhappy, divorce. But don't fuck around (literally) while inside it. You knew the deal when you went into it. Or agree to turn it into an open marriage. Or whatever. But fucking around means you can't be trusted, period.

I did not know that.

The same way I know nothing about Kim Kardashian (I really do know nothing) or Angelina Jolie even though everything about their life is readily available.
When, when they run for political office, maybe you should read up on them, and how they treated others in their lives...

Divorce before affair is another thing entirely

How is it an affair if you're already divorced?

I didn't read up on or care about Berlusconi, either. Did you?
THAT FUCKER TOOK AWAY MY SAILOR MOON!!!! (and other anime)

You can bet your sweet potato that i read up on him.

And the west already fucked me over once when the telecoms here stopped offering unlimited net access on my phone because no one else was doing it in the "advanced" countries. So, you know, what happens in the US tends to matter a lot.

We overheard a conversation at breakfast this morning that was, hilariously, the epitome of cognitive dissonance regarding Trump and Democrats/"thuh libruls".

Sentence one: "It's being worked out now though, no more of this "you have money, so you're an asshole," shit anymore. Stupid demoncrats."
Sentence three: "Yeah, Trump's an asshole, and he's done some really scummy stuff, but he's making me money, so I don't care!"