Former President Trump Thread

I think that's how the tweet started. What does he intend to revisit, though?
Think it got away from him there.[DOUBLEPOST=1504662032,1504661985][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh right. Donald Trump has such respect for the legislative branch of this country. The IDEA of executive overreach of power is simply appalling to him. That's clearly what this is about.

You're being dense. Only you can know if its willfully or not.
Hang on. I forgot what thread this was.

:fu::fu::fu:

That better?

Or he had no clue what he was doing and is now passing the buck.

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...ng-immigrant-programme-decision-36105132.html

White House officials have raised concerns that Donald Trump didn’t completely grasp the implications of ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program before he made a decision about its future.
Administration officials privately fretted that Mr Trump may have not understood exactly what effects rescinding DACA could have, according to a report from the New York Times.
I'd bet a dollar if someone asked him what DACA stood for, he wouldn't know.

He knew exactly what he was doing and understood it perfectly. It's the perspective that is the problem.

If it will make his base sing his praises trump will do it. What "it" is does not matter. It is always about him. It doesn't matter if it destroys the world, if it stokes his ego he will do it.

To be fair, I think his rescinding was mostly because he wants congress to put through a more official bill, one that can't be challenged in the state courts like the Obama EO. (At least from what I have read and seen from his recent comments)

I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but I don't see any malice in this or posturing to his base, just plain ole stupidity. He should have just worked towards congress putting in the proper laws while the EO was active, rather then leaving 800k Dreamers up a creek while hoping congress can actually bust out a new "DACA-like" law in six months.

What really sucks, is to be eligible for DACA you had to opt-in to it. The typical illegal immigrant will go undocumented because they won't want authorities knocking down their door and deporting them. Dreamers had to document themselves with the government in order to apply for the protections. Without DACA you have hundreds of thousands of "illegals" in which the government has records on where they live, work, etc. If nothing happens in congress, ICE can just request all that information and we could have a massive shitstorm next year.

[DOUBLEPOST=1504773795,1504773690][/DOUBLEPOST]
To be fair, I think his rescinding was mostly because he wants congress to put through a more official bill, one that can't be challenged in the state courts like the Obama EO. (At least from what I have read and seen from his recent comments)

Yeah, it's not like Trump has eve done anything stupid, and then backtracked on it and claimed it was someone else's fault... see: "Ryancare".

There was the initial announcement, and then the "no he isn't," so I think this is the "actually yes it happened" on the donation thing? Trumps donate total of $1M to 12 Harvey relief charities
WASHINGTON -- U.S. President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are donating a total of $1 million to a dozen organizations involved in Harvey relief work, including the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity, the White House announced Wednesday.

The American Red Cross and Salvation Army will each receive $300,000; Samaritan's Purse and Reachout America will collect $100,000 each.

The Trumps are giving $25,000 each to eight other organizations: the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat for Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies and Team Rubicon.

The White House said the donations are coming from the president's personal funds.
I didn't see the "this is the final word" on this thing, then caught a political cartoon REFERRING to it, so looked it up.

There was the initial announcement, and then the "no he isn't," so I think this is the "actually yes it happened" on the donation thing? Trumps donate total of $1M to 12 Harvey relief charities

I didn't see the "this is the final word" on this thing, then caught a political cartoon REFERRING to it, so looked it up.
Did they actually write the checks? Judging by your quote, no, it hasn't actually happened. "Are giving" is so very far away from "gave." "Will receive" is not the same as "received." And Trump has a very bad reputation for not following through on those pledges.

Dave

Staff member
He's pledged money before and hasn't given any. He pledged $1 million for 9/11, for instance, and never gave a dime. He can say anything he wants but that doesn't mean shit. Deliver it with the hopes and prayers.

Also, when you give a million dollars to charity but want to slash the budgets of relief agencies by hundreds of millions of dollars so you can give a tax cut to yourself and your rich friends...

He's pledged money before and hasn't given any. He pledged $1 million for 9/11, for instance, and never gave a dime. He can say anything he wants but that doesn't mean shit. Deliver it with the hopes and prayers.
Couldn't find that Dave. Found this though on wikipedia:
Failure to make pledged 9/11 donations

An investigation by the New York City Comptroller's office in October 2016 showed that Trump and/or the Donald Trump Foundation may have failed to honor at least one pledge to charities established to provide relief for victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Trump had made a pledge of $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund on The Howard Stern Show in late September 2001.[39] The Twin Towers Fund, later administered as part of the New York City Public and Private Initiative, was created by then-New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani "to benefit the families of firefighters and police officers who died in the attacks.[40]
During the 2016 Republican National Convention, Giuliani announced that Trump had made unspecified "anonymous" donations after the Sep 11 attacks, although such donations have not been identified.[39] Giuliani also said, in support of Trump's candidacy, "Every time New York City suffered a tragedy Donald Trump was there to help,.... He's not going to like my telling you this but he did it anonymously.”[39]
The New York City Comptroller's office told the New York Daily News it had manually reviewed "approximately 1,500 pages of donor records of the Twin Towers Fund and the related entity NYC Public/Private Initiatives Inc., containing the names of more than 110,000 individuals and entities that were collected as part of the audits" through August 2012.[41] According to the News, Comptroller Scott Stringer "found that Trump and [the Trump Foundation] hadn't donated a dime in the months after 9/11"; however, because the reviewed period only covered one year after the attacks, the Comptroller's office was "unable to conclude definitively" that Trump never gave to the fund after August 2002.[39] According to its IRS Form 990 tax filings, the Trump Foundation made no grants to the Twin Towers Fund or to NYC Public/Private Initiatives, Inc. from 2002 through 2014, although Trump may have made personal donations after August 2002 that would not have shown up in these filings.[39]
In 2016, after the convention, Trump's campaign suggested that the Trump Foundation made a grant to the American Red Cross after the attacks; however no record of this exists in the foundation's tax filings from 2001 through 2014. As with the Twin Towers Fund, if Trump instead had made a personal donation, it would not have shown up in the foundation's records.[39]
So Rudy has said he donated anonymously, but there's no evidence he did if it was from a personal donation rather than a foundation donation other than Rudy's word, whom is obviously biased. But even googling around I couldn't find a $1M pledge anywhere, but obviously there is the $10k one mentioned on Wikipedia. There was a $100k donation last year to the memorial museum (a museum spokesman said he donated it) that doesn't seem to be a source of controversy, though obviously far after-the-fact.

So Rudy has said he donated anonymously, but there's no evidence he did if it was from a personal donation rather than a foundation donation other than Rudy's word, whom is obviously biased. But even googling around I couldn't find a $1M pledge anywhere, but obviously there is the $10k one mentioned on Wikipedia. There was a $100k donation last year to the memorial museum (a museum spokesman said he donated it) that doesn't seem to be a source of controversy, though obviously far after-the-fact.
Someone should check Trump's tax returns.

Does hoping Mar-A-Lago gets the directest of hits from Irma make me a bad person? :p
NNnooope. If you hope the completely innocent cook gets killed, that makes you a bad person. If you hope the kitchen gets destroyed, hope right away. I mean, I'd hope for Trump Tower to crumble into dust if it wouldn't cause so much other damage and death :p

NNnooope. If you hope the completely innocent cook gets killed, that makes you a bad person. If you hope the kitchen gets destroyed, hope right away. I mean, I'd hope for Trump Tower to crumble into dust if it wouldn't cause so much other damage and death :p
As long as everyone comes out safe and sound, may even the splinters of the splinters get turned to splinters.

Today of all days, dude just needs to STFU. But cheeto being cheeto, he's probably going to just crap his pants again.

Which brings us to the other problem. The papers of record like the Times, WaPost, and Boston Globe are so desperate for a "narrative" that they'll run BS like "the pivot!", "today he became president!", or "dealmaker!", when all he did was manage not to shit himself one day out of several dozen. STOP NORMALIZING THIS IDIOT. Shitting himself is the rule, not the exception.

Zappit

Staff member
I don't think he could top calling in to a radio show the day of the attacks to say that he now owned the tallest tower in New York (a lie, by the way) when it comes to saying the most insensitive shit that festering pus-ball of a brain can manage.

Lex Luthor once became President of the United States. And he put Lexcorp into a blind trust.

Trump is less ethical that Lex Luthor.

I feel dumber for having read that article.

I'm still confused why a very small rally* without a specific focus except "supporting the president" calls itself the "Mother of All Rallies". Is this another example of Trump's America where if you say something is "true", it suddenly is, even if the facts say otherwise?

Meanwhile,
The Juggalos say the gang label has, through unfair discrimination, made it difficult to live a normal life for many of their members...
No, deciding you're a Juggalo does that.

*Small rally. Like, hands small. Not bigly. SAD.