Former President Trump Thread

Which as the reporter mentioned, is so bizzare. The mooch is kinda dumb, but for all of Bannon's many, many, many, many (etc) faults, he is a smart guy who knows the media.

GasBandit

Staff member
That seems pretty crazy. I admit to being surprised by that. However, I don't think having 7 million unique views equates to millions saying to ban all guns.
I'm willing to table the discussion in interests of returning to the thread's main focus, if you are.

Good lord men, this is the political subforum! If we can't even have fired debates about completely off topic topics in contentious threads around here anymore, what do we have?!

Steak?

Is anyone else feeling numb?

I can't remember what the crisis was 2 weeks ago.

Last week it was nuclear war WI North Korea.

This week it's Nazis.

But 2 weeks? Gone.

Hard to believe Obama got crucified for enjoying the 4th most popular mustard in America compared to what's happining now.

Hard to believe Obama got crucified for enjoying the 4th most popular mustard in America compared to what's happining now.
They don't call it the right wing noise machine for nothing.

Everything they crucified Obama for they now put Trump on a pedestal for.

GasBandit

Staff member
They don't call it the right wing noise machine for nothing.

Everything they crucified Obama for they now put Trump on a pedestal for.
I think it's more a form of listener fatigue... the outrages and the gaffes and the scandals come one after another after another after another and it just gets to be like drinking from a fire hose. Our minds just can't house this much incredulity and stuff falls out.

Is anyone else feeling numb?

I can't remember what the crisis was 2 weeks ago.

Last week it was nuclear war WI North Korea.

This week it's Nazis.

But 2 weeks? Gone.

I think it was the Donald Jr email.

Edit: never mind that was a month ago

I think it's more a form of listener fatigue... the outrages and the gaffes and the scandals come one after another after another after another and it just gets to be like drinking from a fire hose. Our minds just can't house this much incredulity and stuff falls out.
Some of it is intentional to keep the news cycle distracted. Anonymous WH sources have even admitted as such. It's effective in getting their opponents to turn on each other. The military trans ban was one of those admitted "distractions," yet I got roasted on twitter when I said so.

In other news, fuck CNN. Trying to find balance in the Confederate monuments story. "Which side is correct?" Just fuck you, CNN.

Some of it is intentional to keep the news cycle distracted. Anonymous WH sources have even admitted as such. It's effective in getting their opponents to turn on each other. The military trans ban was one of those admitted "distractions," yet I got roasted on twitter when I said so.

In other news, fuck CNN. Trying to find balance in the Confederate monuments story. "Which side is correct?" Just fuck you, CNN.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and say it was the side that was against keeping people as property...

Maybe they'll try .de next?
Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that.

--Patrick
That woud actually land them in jail. .de is considered subject to the German law and they do ask for extradition for nazi propaganda. The USA would never turn them over, of course, but still.

Not quite. White guilt worked for Obama. Not so much for Hillary - Wall Street's favorite senator didn't have the cred for the struggle AND had the corruption thing working against her. Plus, the SJW tone and intensity changed a lot over the years and grew more repellent to the undecideds.
So the issue was that Hillary wasn't black enough? And of course, Gamergate... forgot about that one.

And seriously, saying white guilt worked for Obama, as opposed to him being actually pretty charismatic and hopey-changey (which, admittedly, probably disappointed plenty of people when he wasn't radical enough, but again, those where count as liberals)? Well, i guess at least you're not blaming affirmative action for it.

I *am* one of those third party voters. I'm a libertarian. And I often grouse about how the republicans aren't actually conservative. But I am not the mainstream. Despite your hopes, the vast majority of Americans-on-the-street just consider there to be a direct correlation between the ideologies and the two major parties.
Except that your link says otherwise when compared to (damn you for making me look it up) the actual numbers of people that declare themselves for each party, as per Gallup: http://www.gallup.com/poll/188096/democratic-republican-identification-near-historical-lows.aspx

So yeah, you're not that special. Especially since you still clearly buy into the whole "sports team politics" bullshit.

The actual problem in the US is that too many people are convinced voting 3rd party is a wasted vote, so they just pick the "less bad" option... even though if everyone that didn't vote picked a 3rd party it would win easily, not to mention the ones that "held their nose" because <insert Simpsons reference>.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble parsing this bit here... can you rephrase it? I think you're trying to say that the Dems "moderated" their platform and actions because they didn't think they could actually pull it off, which is true - but it doesn't change the fact that the "actual liberal position" is what they want. The problem is not "within the party itself," but what they think the electorate in general will stomach. Obama himself often said that the ACA was really only meant to be a stepping stone to single-payer, because the American public would never accept socialized medicine in one step. So they had to get there in baby steps. It's the same as how they approach banning guns - they know they don't have the public support to outright ban private firearm ownership (which would require a constitutional amendment, or the repealing of one), so instead they try to chip away at it with bans of specific (if sometimes nebulously defined) weapon groups or features.
1st off, banning guns is not a right-left thing, especially since, you know, the whole spectrum came about from the people that did the french revolution and how they split politically... and neither side would have much desire to give up what helped them overthrow the Ancien Régime.

2nd, what Obama "said" is hardly more important then what he did. Or, as i've pointed out, what his own party allowed him to do (although it was a pretty brilliant move using the Reps own plan, meaning that now they have nothing to replace it with that would work, even badly). And what the Dems do is being centrist.

And seriously, saying white guilt worked for Obama. . .
There should be no doubt about why Obama won his elections.

He won the primary because he wasn't Hillary, and the took the Presidency because McCain chose Sarah Palin for a running mate.

He won his second election because he was the incumbent. That his opponent was a bumbling pretty boy New Englander made it the slam dunk SNL thought this last election was.

Well, they where kind of breaking Masquerade there.[DOUBLEPOST=1503003277,1503003217][/DOUBLEPOST]

8 years of Dubya?
Nah. McCain was seen as enough of a change that centrists would've picked him. And the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" racist lefties were looking to me like they were gonna swerve a little right that time, too.

ICP vs Neo-Nazi.

It's got a catchy rythym.
I'm so confused. I mean, I know I should be like "Ewww, Nazis" but then I'm like "Ewww, Juggalos". I kind of hope for a pyrrhic victory for the Juggalos?[DOUBLEPOST=1503006882,1503006699][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah. McCain was seen as enough of a change that centrists would've picked him. And the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" racist lefties were looking to me like they were gonna swerve a little right that time, too.
Nope, again he chose Palin. People didn't trust that whole "Maverick" thing they tried to push.

Nope, again he chose Palin. People didn't trust that whole "Maverick" thing they tried to push.
I wasn't clear, I see.

What you quoted was me trying to say McCain was winning right up to the point he picked Palin. (You have to read my post you quoted with my post previous to it to see that's what I was saying)

trump is squawking about how Geneal Pershing would execute Muslims with pig blood bullets and that out an end to Muslim terrorists.

Pershing did no such thing ever. He forged alliances and made friends with the locals and the terrorists attacks lessened.

All but one of the members of the President's Committee on the Arts & the Humanities have resigned:

I don't know who George Wolfe is, but, you know, let's assume he was busy?

What you quoted was me trying to say McCain was winning right up to the point he picked Palin. (You have to read my post you quoted with my post previous to it to see that's what I was saying)
Didn't his team pick Palin because he was doing badly with his party's base?

Heh, looking at the wiki, Hillary won the popular vote against Obama in the primaries...

But looking at the polls, McCain polled better then Obama mostly after picking Palin on August 29: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natio...008#Democratic_nominee_vs._Republican_nominee