Former President Trump Thread

Dave

Staff member
Because of shit like this:

Police investigating the Manchester Arena bomb attack have stopped sharing information with the US after leaks to the media. UK officials were outraged when photos appearing to show debris from the attack appeared in the New York Times.

So they shared information with the US government...and it immediately got leaked to the press.

Dave

Staff member
And then he throws out that smug "I'm better than you" Trump look. Every day I think I hate Trump and every day he proves that what I thought was the bottom was indeed, not as low as my opinion of him could go.

The one thing I'm glad President Trump has brought to the table is an increased scrutiny on the presidential power, and giving a lot of people who've been pretty laid back about what our government's been doing a reason to pay real attention to it.

Would be fantastic if that level of attention and scrutiny were exercised regardless who holds the office, but I'll take what I can get.

Well, you know, when a trained chef is using a sharp knife in the kitchen you can more or less ignore it.

When a psychopathic baby has gotten their hands on a chef's knife, well, that deserves a LOT more attention.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, you know, when a trained chef is using a sharp knife in the kitchen you can more or less ignore it.

When a psychopathic baby has gotten their hands on a chef's knife, well, that deserves a LOT more attention.
Problem is, the chef position has high turnover, and cooking experience isn't required.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's more the fault of the people doing the hiring when they choose a candidate with no experience and no business handling a knife.
And yet the possibility is always there, and the power has been abused before - albeit perhaps not quite to this extent - and thus the only options are either to limit the tools of the position so that they are less dangerous in the hands of the inept, or literally do away with democracy.

If there's one recurring theme in the driving motivation in the founding of the nation, it's limit the government's ability to fuck things up.

And yet the possibility is always there, and the power has been abused before - albeit perhaps not quite to this extent - and thus the only options are either to limit the tools of the position so that they are less dangerous in the hands of the inept, or literally do away with democracy.

If there's one recurring theme in the driving motivation in the founding of the nation, it's limit the government's ability to fuck things up.
BS. It's not "democracy" that meant there were two potential candidates and both were crap. That's because of the particracy.

GasBandit

Staff member
BS. It's not "democracy" that meant there were two potential candidates and both were crap. That's because of the particracy.
Even if you elect via complete direct representative democracy, the process is entirely susceptible to mob mentality running away with things.

View attachment 24270

...this is an actual product you should be able to buy soon (in Mexico).
The legend translates loosely to "Entirely gentle" (literally "Gentle without borders").

--Patrick
I suggest a rewrite of that Peter Gabriel song, because I think Trump belongs in it.

:notes:Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching's is blue
They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu:notes:
:notes:Dressing up in costumes, playing silly games
Hiding out in tree-tops shouting out rude names:notes:
:notes:Whistling tunes we hide in the dunes by the seaside
Whistling tunes we piss on Donald in the brothel :whistling:

Trump shit talked the Germans as a whole today, calling them very bad. He also shit talked NATO while the other leaders laughed at him behind his back. Of course, he still (despite being told dozens of times) thinks that the US has individual trade deals with EU nations and the Germans are bad because they sell so many cars in the US (they are also often assembled in the US, unlike a lot of American cars). Mercedes, for example, has a large Alabama plant.

This fucking fruit cake walked on eggshells with Saudi Arabia, praises insane, evil men (inviting them to the Whitehouse even!) like Erdogan and Duterte and shits all over your allies. The US will never see another drop in global influence like this until you guys literally fail as a nation.

All according to Russian Keikaku.

*Keikaku means plan

Oh my word this is absolutely precious.

Berkeley Breathed got a cease and desist letter to stop making fun of Trump. Yes, really.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e4c5066fc8ead1b2fcfffcc896eb28a4&oe=59A9B723
He's over 30 years late to start that legal shit.

I'd like to think somewhere Breathed and Gary Trudeau are clinking glasses and smiling.[DOUBLEPOST=1495749109,1495749076][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got this for Christmas from my Secret Santa. :-D

View attachment 24272
Look at you, perfecting Blue Steel!

Dave

Staff member
Look at you, perfecting Blue Steel!
Damn. Can't get the eyes right. I either look constipated or really pissed off.

Picture 2.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1495749714,1495749689][/DOUBLEPOST]And I look like I'm holding my breath instead of pursing my lips.[DOUBLEPOST=1495749739][/DOUBLEPOST]Being a male model is hard.