Former President Trump Thread

He's just being smart. He is running out of money, his sources of money have dried up. Everything he says to them he will have to repeat to Mueller anyway. And who wants to spend $10000 an hour on lawyers for weeks on end to just plead the fifth?

Washington post reported that the Russia Investigation is closing on "a person of interest close to Trump", but didn't name any names. Twitter, however...

Washington post reported that the Russia Investigation is closing on "a person of interest close to Trump", but didn't name any names. Twitter, however...

Hey hey hey! This might mean Ivanka's gonna be available soon. I'd better get myself down there and make my move before her father.

. . .

:puke:

Not gonna click, and I'll tell you why. Because Donald John Trump is a screamapillar in human form. The screamapillar needs constant reassurance or it will die. Teh Donald requires constant stroking of his ego. No matter how good for ratings he may be, it's keeping his name out there, It keeps people talking about him.

But what would happen if one day, they all just stopped? Not a single mention on the late night comedy shows. No dissecting his latest tweet on the cable news shows. Only the barest mention of his name on the TV news. If you absolutely had to mention him, use a term other than "Trump."

To someone like him, this would be a fate worse than death. To be forgotten. Ignored. It's why the #PresidentBannon tag struck such a nerve. It's why aides have found it necessary to repeatedly stick his name in reports to keep him paying attention. If we could all stop using the word "Trump," it would utterly destroy him.

That's the theory, at least. In a nation of 300 million, how do you convince that many it's the right thing to do, even at the expense of profit or viewers/listeners?

(It's 3:30AM, my work is done for a couple more hours, and there is utterly NOTHING else going on in here.)

But what would happen if one day, they all just stopped? Not a single mention on the late night comedy shows. No dissecting his latest tweet on the cable news shows. Only the barest mention of his name on the TV news. If you absolutely had to mention him, use a term other than "Trump."
Then he might try doing something the news couldn't ignore. Like bombing another country.

Depending on how you view these things, you might want to keep talking about him. Could save a few innocent 'collateral damage' that way, and a few more children in the world get to grow up knowing their father.

Then he might try doing something the news couldn't ignore. Like bombing another country.

Depending on how you view these things, you might want to keep talking about him. Could save a few innocent 'collateral damage' that way, and a few more children in the world get to grow up knowing their father.
Oh sure, bu they're probably brown people, and who cares about those?
/notserious

Anyway, Trump's being more polite and diplomatic than expected in the Middle East so far. As long as people give him money he really doesn't care who or what they are, it would seem. Trying to help Iran reform towards a more modern democracy and safely de-escalate their nuclear program? Nope. Helping Saudi Arabia keep women down and bomb Yemen, Syria, fund international terrorism? Don't mind if I do!

It's weird (not weird, but, you know, telling, or something) he can bow down to a muslim prince and nobody bats an eye on "his" side. The "war on Islam" is only around when convenient.

The reason I think not taking about Trump is a bad idea is because Americans have a huge tendency to become complacent, and it's important to keep people riled up for midterms. :p Plus, I think John Oliver does an excellent job informing people who otherwise get confused by what the big deal is. (But I am sad that his piece on the TSA had to get bumped)

The reason I think not taking about Trump is a bad idea is because Americans have a huge tendency to become complacent, and it's important to keep people riled up for midterms. :p Plus, I think John Oliver does an excellent job informing people who otherwise get confused by what the big deal is. (But I am sad that his piece on the TSA had to get bumped)
I have this strange idea that if we ignore Trump, he'll continue to be the president.

I have this strange idea that if we ignore Trump, he'll continue to be the president.
Well, Pence, Ryan, Hatch, or Tillerson (in that order) it is, then!

Frankly, while I agree Trump is awful as a president, I increasingly wonder if maybe the awful stuff will come more slowly than if Pence (or the others) are running things.

It's hard to say. Trump is a loose cannon with no understanding of how Washington works, and that's turned out to be a tremendous handicap instead of the benefit that complete idiots thought it would be. Some of the others might be more successful at pushing their agenda, but by the same token, none of them have the same cult of personality that gave Trump such a base of support.

However, there is increasing documentation showing the Pence has repeatedly lied about what he knew and when he knew it, regarding Flynn especially, so he may be caught up in the impeachment as well.

Ryan is complicit in trying to cover up that the RNC knew that Trump was getting money from Putin and did nothing about it.

Tillerson barely wants to be Secretary of State. I think he'd resign rather than be President.

Dave

Staff member
Think the First Lady likes being the First Lady? Think she loves her husband and isn't just some trophy?

[DOUBLEPOST=1495474093,1495473554][/DOUBLEPOST]
1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan (R)
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch (R)
4 Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (R)
5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin (R)
6 Secretary of Defense James Mattis (I)
7 Attorney General Jeff Sessions (R)
8 Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke (R)
9 Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue (R)
10 Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross (R)
11 Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta (R)
12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price (R)
13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson (R)
– Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao (R)[a]
14 Secretary of Energy Rick Perry (R)
15 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos (R)
16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin (I)
17 Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly (I)

Trump goes bye-bye, taking down Pence and Ryan with him. Hatch, Tillerson, and Mnuchin decline and instead resign. Fucking Mad Dog Mattis for President. You have no idea how much I want this.

To all the people dreaming fantasies of impeaching Trump, Pence, and Ryan all at once... do you honestly think there is going to be a country left afterwards? Half of this country will enter into open revolt, and the ensuing chaos would shred every bit of society here in the US. Trying to remove all Republicans because you don't like them would be our downfall. I know some of you have a strange hard-on for this idea (Gas), but it would not end well for anyone in this community. I guarantee it.