Former President Trump Thread

Senator McCain keeps saying he's "concerned," or "worried," or "troubled," by teh Donald. But he's not willing to actually do anything about those "concerns." Maverick my ass. More like cowardice. A younger him would want to punch today's him right in the mouth.

Looks like the networks and cable news channels are having a hard time to get Congresspeople to come on and defend Trump on air. Not even Fox. Hmm...

The current legislation cares only about the voting base. They will continue to turn a blind eye to Trumps dealings as long as it involves a net gain in their support. As soon as the base that abandons them surpasses the nut Trump support base, they'll turn on him.

Fortunately, it's close to that point already.

Fortunately, it's close to that point already.
Earlier today I read an article that said the GOP base is still behind Trump, and they look upon all these scandals as either fake news or the media being too hard on a new president still getting his bearings. In other words most of the country hates Trump, except for the 40% that fucking love him. And the Republicans in Congress only care about that 40%, because thanks to gerrymandering they represent the base districts for the GOP.

Which is frankly disheartening.

Dave

Staff member
By the way, he said this at a commencement speech at the Coast Guard Academy. No, "go do your best" or "make your mark on the world", merely "waaah! waaah! I'm a big fucking baby who can't take criticism! waaah!"

Necronic

Staff member
Robert Mueller - former FBI Director - has been tasked as a special counsel in the Russia investigation. Ruh roh, raggy!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/special-counsel-robert-mueller/index.html
Well shit. I guess I was wrong.

Funny thing. I was talking to my dad about Rosenstein this weekend. I couldn't figure him out, he was such a middle of the road straight shooter and I couldn't figure out why he would give cover to Trump like that. Now I think I'm starting to see it a bit better. I wonder if this was the play all along.[DOUBLEPOST=1495065444,1495064893][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently Rosenstein only informed the WH like 30 minutes before he announced it. Which kind of follows my thought. I wonder if Rosenstein understands that he's basically bulletproof from the WH. Taking him out at this point would be basically a Saturday Night Massacre. As dumb as Trump is i can't believe he is that stupid. I kind of hope he is, however.

Mueller was so good at his job, he basically saved the FBI after 9/11 and was extended beyond his 10-year term by Obama.

Rosenstein also has given Mueller authority to prosecute on anything he finds.

The Russia investigation is now Mueller's full time job.