Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
I could have sworn we used them in desert storm...

(checks)

Ok, we had them READY to use in desert storm, but didn't actually use them.

Now I'm just confused by ISIS apparently now being on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border, when I thought that they were more in West/North Iraq and eastern Syria.

Also, this doesn't seem to be as much a Trump thing as a military thing - the General in charge in Afghanistan made the call to use it.

Dave

Staff member
It was good for his poll numbers. Which are fake. But he totally wants to raise. Because they're fake.

Stay at home by bombing 2 countries and threatening to bomb a third. Yep, I think I said before that I'd be pretty happy if Trump had actually meant isolationism in his speeches, because it would fuck us over less.

Elevator pitch: A successful businessman tries to warn the world about the reckless actions of the president, of whom he has nightly vivid visions that always end in cataclysm, only to discover the visions were premonitions of himself.
Sounds like a Stephen King novel.

Elevator pitch: A successful businessman tries to warn the world about the reckless actions of the president, of whom he has nightly vivid visions that always end in cataclysm, only to discover the visions were premonitions of himself.
That's great and all, but when are you going to tell me about the elevator?

My Google-fu is failing me, but there is a story about a businessman whose mind is kidnapped and brought forward into the future to fight against the totalitarian rule imposed by his future self.

--Patrick
There's a few of them. One was from Heinlein in Menace From Earth, and one in an H. Beam Piper story where a soldier in the Korean War, about to die, is saved by a mysterious event, which gives him access to a chemical formula which allows him to become a billionaire and then later effectively a mind-controlling dictator of the world. At some point his younger self is recruited to kill his older self (with a sabotaged weapon to guarantee both die) and basically the plan to eliminate the dictator winds up setting the whole chain of events in motion.

So, Tom Brady was dealing with a "personal family matter" and didn't go to the White House Superbowl shindig.

I wonder if that personal family matter is a continuation of his wife telling him to shut up about politics.

What would be funny is if one of his rich donors has land in the wall's path that would need to be seized to build it. That would be the end of the wall. :p

I'm expecting Trump to give up on the Mexico wall and just set charges along both borders in an attempt to turn the US into an island.

So for every $17 Canadians spend on American milk, the Americans spend $0.30 on Canadian milk.

Sneeky Canadians.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I think he's made a list of our enemies and our allies. Then he goes down the list of allies and says stupid shit about them. And then cozies up with enemies, specifically Russia.