Former President Trump Thread

You know what's sad, I don't think he even really wants to save people in Syria. I have a feeling this is yet another ego posturing due to all the talk with Russian involvement last election. "Oh these jerks think I am in Putin's pocket? Well, fuck them, I am going to shoot missiles at a Putin ally, that will show them!"

That or you could go full on conspiracy, and make it out that Putin is allowing this because having Trump in his pocket is more important then Assad, who is the sacrificial lamb to help Trump "prove" he isn't in league with Russia, since the Assad/Russia connection is a bit talking point here in the US. Putin acts all defensive about it to sell the ruse, all the while he lets Assad ultimately fall and then blames America, which just galvanizes his base anyways.

I really don't think a guy that bitches about having to take in 10k Syrians from Australia is going to see some footage of was in Syria and finally be "Oh, okay, ya, maybe we should help." but maybe that's just me.

Dave

Staff member
No Jews were German, I guess. Or homosexuals. Or...you get the picture. God, this guy is bad at his job.

He is effectively communicating the messages and intent of the president.

Don't blame the messager. Got kids to feed yo.

B

BErt

For serious...ALEX FUCKING JONES called Sean Spicer "historically ignorant" over this. Where else is there to go?

I'm rather terrified for the citizens of Seoul right now. Or the North Koreans living in the village the nuclear missile hits when it veers off course.

Trump needs to leave North Korea alone. He can't handle it.

Hell the real danger is there are thousands of artillery pieces pointed at Seoul. If war starts the city will be flattened in 3 minutes. It would take days to destroy the artillery in the area.

Someone in our military should make a statement by turning themselves in for Dereliction of Duty under the UCMJ for violating their oath by not moving to remove the Orange Thing and his minions under the "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" clause of their oath.

I'm still predicting a Praetorian Guard scenario rather than impeachment.

Right wing politicians in 2017: Guys, Hitler isn't so bad.
That could have been an interesting argument to give to the head of China, comparing how "not so bad" Hitler was compared to Mao Zedong. Since he wasn't NEARLY as bad. Doesn't make Hitler not horrific, but he paled in comparison to Mao.

Methinks the Chinese head of state would not have been amused, but I would have been amused. ;)

Right wing politicians in 2017: Guys, Hitler isn't so bad.
And Russia isn't a problem.

Hey, remember during the campaign when Skeletor Kellyann was all "Your grandparents would vote for Trump"? My grandfather, who despite being a Marine was never a violent man, would probably want to go all Captain America #1 on this administration.

I'm sure most Europe-bound WWII vets didn't fight Nazis 70+ years ago to see that shit blossom here at home in their twilight years. Don't know what my dad's dad would say if he was still alive.

Well, probably something racist. But aside from that.

That's precisely what some people are trying to do, especially on the far right.
I would argue that right-wing speakers are being called Nazis with a much greater frequency than left-wing speakers, but hey, we each have our own perception of the environment out there.

Dave

Staff member
I would argue that right-wing speakers are being called Nazis with a much greater frequency than left-wing speakers, but hey, we each have our own perception of the environment out there.
I agree with that statement. But the idiots on the left are being dramatically hyperbolic and reactionary whereas I think the alt right and conspiracy theorists are using it as a tactic.

It's not undeserved. You don't hear left-wing groups publicly calling for eradicating entire ethnic groups, do you?

I agree with that statement. But the idiots on the left are being dramatically hyperbolic and reactionary whereas I think the alt right and conspiracy theorists are using it as a tactic.
OK, fair enough. I recognize and agree that those are distinct things.