Former President Trump Thread

I'm sure there'll be some bipartisan commissions to try and help prevent this sort of thing from happening again, as a lead-in for a time of reconciliation and unification, as past grievances have to be left in the past and the nation has to look forward to a better tomorrow. Just remember to vote for the right old white guy!
No, it will be let’s forget our grievances, and heal. America is all about sweeping it under the rug.

In regards to the attacks by cheeto and his goons on the USPS in an attempt to thwart mail in ballots, there will be an additional effect...

Christmas is just around the corner! That's the busiest time of year for the USPS! With the pandemic I expect more and more online shopping and deliveries and Christmas cards! This will only hurt Christmas and those of us who celibrate it. Why has the government done this? It's like they've declared war on Christmas.

Last edited:
Finally, the American Press, has come back to; reality!

During yesterdays "press briefing", cheeto was straight up asked

"Do you regret all the lies you've told the American people over the last 3.5 years?"

And the giant turd just could not process it, just mumbled then when to the next questioner.

I seriously can't wrap my head around the way the left and center left in the USA work.
My twitter is absolutely filled with people talking about votigin third party or not voting at all because it's "again" a choice between a shit sandwich and a shit sandwich. How short-sighted do you have to be, exactly, to consider these two equivalent? If Biden/Harris literally straight-up hold a lottery to shoot one black man per day, they'd still be better for black or poor people than trump.
On the other hand, I don't understand the party and the moderate wing either. Do they still not realize they need the black/poor/liberal vote? I'm not saying they all need to become Bernie bros or communists - it's perfectly OK for a party to have a more extreme and a more moderate wing. It's perfectly normal for the leadership to be more moderate and more conservative. But you really won't estrange all that many people by giving the left something.
Really, I'm afraid that between moderates "not seeing a difference" and the far left being again left out in the rain, Trump is going to win a second term and I just can't process how people are letting it get to that point given his consistent 38-40% polls.

I seriously can't wrap my head around the way the left and center left in the USA work.
My twitter is absolutely filled with people talking about votigin third party or not voting at all because it's "again" a choice between a shit sandwich and a shit sandwich. How short-sighted do you have to be, exactly, to consider these two equivalent? If Biden/Harris literally straight-up hold a lottery to shoot one black man per day, they'd still be better for black or poor people than trump.
On the other hand, I don't understand the party and the moderate wing either. Do they still not realize they need the black/poor/liberal vote? I'm not saying they all need to become Bernie bros or communists - it's perfectly OK for a party to have a more extreme and a more moderate wing. It's perfectly normal for the leadership to be more moderate and more conservative. But you really won't estrange all that many people by giving the left something.
Really, I'm afraid that between moderates "not seeing a difference" and the far left being again left out in the rain, Trump is going to win a second term and I just can't process how people are letting it get to that point given his consistent 38-40% polls.
That's exactly how I feel too. Short sighted and willing to shit the bed because they are mad at their partner.

That's the sad thing. On the Democratic side, many would be considered Conservatives in many other countries, including Canada. I still hope Biden wins because he's STILL better than Trump in every possible way.

I honestly wish Elizabeth Warren was the Democrats' choice, though. She had the most progressive ideas, could have done some real change rather, and probably would have systematically destroyed Trump in any live debate.

But...you work with what you're given, I guess. Assuming the election isn't completed fucked (as if it isn't already) due to voter suppression and other means, Biden's term will be spent almost entirely cleaning up Trump's mess.

Biden's term will be spent almost entirely cleaning up Trump's mess.
Ah the cycle:

Republican takes power: destroys everything

People: Hey, this republican destroyed everything. Let's vote for the democrat!

Democrat: improves but doesn't completely fix everything

Republicans: look at all these problems the democrat hasn't fixed! We should be in charge!

Republican wins election. Gets back to destroying everything.

Ah the cycle:

Republican takes power: destroys everything

People: Hey, this republican destroyed everything. Let's vote for the democrat!

Democrat: improves but doesn't completely fix everything

Republicans: look at all these problems the democrat hasn't fixed! We should be in charge!

Republican wins election. Gets back to destroying everything.
It's not much different here in Canada. Trudeau isn't great, but a lot of the problems he was left with were thanks to Steven Harper's run. And @Frank can attest to the brief time the NDP had power in Alberta and were actually doing some legitimately good, progressive things. But they were utterly fucked over from the Conservatives VERY long hold in Alberta. So of course, come election time, blame was laid on the NDP for problems they had nothing to do with.

Holy shit, I just looked up the premiers for Alberta.

They were consistently in power for FORTY FOUR YEARS. I knew it was a long time, but I didn't think it was longer than I've been alive.

By comparison, the NDP only had 4 years.

I would have loved to have had Jack Layton as our PM, but it was never to be.

I agree that Trudeau isn’t perfect, but he is miles above Harper.

I have so many family members who adored Harper and idolize Sheer and mock me all the time about “my boy” Trudeau. It’s gross. One can care about politics and respect leaders who try to improve things and do the best they can during a pandemic with incomplete information without worshiping them.

I would be embarrassed to be caught chasing selfies with weenies like Harper and Sheer.

I would have loved to have had Jack Layton as our PM, but it was never to be.

I agree that Trudeau isn’t perfect, but he is miles above Harper.

I have so many family members who adored Harper and idolize Sheer and mock me all the time about “my boy” Trudeau. It’s gross. One can care about politics and respect leaders who try to improve things and do the best they can during a pandemic with incomplete information without worshiping them.

I would be embarrassed to be caught chasing selfies with weenies like Harper and Sheer.
I've said it multiple times that I'd take Trudeau over Harper or Sheer any day. I'd take a thousand Trudeaus over one Ford, too. And a bazillion Trudeaus over one Trump.

That said, I'm no fan of Trudeau and honestly, truly wish we could see what the NDP or even the Green party could accomplish if they someone from their party was elected prime minister. I agree that I would've loved Jack Laton as PM, too.

My biggest gripe with Trudeau is he reneged on his promise for electoral reform. I recall someone once did the math and if we had had electoral reform, the NDP and Green parties would've come out much better across the country.