Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
No "real" news sources, a lot of conjecture about what could be an IV bruise, and him carrying a very large stack of newspapers that we know he never reads and would not need to carry for himself with such an entourage (so they think it's to grip to hide a tremor).

Popular (unsubstantiated) theories include Warfarin, an anti-stroke medication, and COVID-antibody infused plasma.

I don't know but this feels kind of like a lose - lose for Trump?

Threatening Tiktok basically obliterated any chance of him getting younger newly able voters to support him. Now he is threatening for them to sell to Microsoft, you know, the company Bill Gates started. The Bill Gates, that for the last few months, have been the new conservatives boogie man for freedom destroying, invasive, fascist mark of the beast type shit. I know Bill has long ago retired from the company, but I bet half of Trump's base does not even know that.

There's plenty of young anti-antifa, it's cool to be conservative, True Americans out there. Half of them won't care about silly hipster stuff like TikTok (I'm aware TT is as far from hipster as you can be in some circles), some might get hurt though. They'll just have to move to something new and excitingly American. Like... Errr... Gab? TokTik? I dunno.

I honestly dont even think he’s thinking far enough ahead to worry about how it hurts votes, they’re just pushing all in on “CHINA BAD”

I don't know but this feels kind of like a lose - lose for Trump?
There has been an update to the TT story that may shed some light:
Trump further said:
More than anything else, I said a very substantial portion of that price is going to have to come into the Treasury of the United States. Because we're making it possible for this deal to happen. Right now, they don't have any rights, unless we give it to them. So if we're going to give them the rights, then it has to come into, it has to come into this country.
So it'll close down on September 15th, unless Microsoft or somebody else is able to buy it, and work out a deal, an appropriate deal, so the Treasury of the— really the Treasury, I suppose you would say, of the United States, gets a lot of money. A lot of money,
That’s...he thinks he’s auctioning off a letter of marque to Microsoft, and he wants to make sure he... er, I mean the Treasury gets a hefty cut of that deal.

—Patrick

Last edited:
You can really tell they are floundering. They already pulled a bunch of ads because the message was not working, as no one actually believes Biden is going to be the harbinger of chaos and destruction they were trying to paint him as. They don't have nearly the ammunition as they did with Hillary, and it shows. They also are attacking his senility less, because the majority of people see Trump as more senile and demented then him. The focus now seems to be anti-China, making China the enemy and then imply Biden is soft on China. It's all they have left right now.

You can really tell they are floundering. They already pulled a bunch of ads because the message was not working, as no one actually believes Biden is going to be the harbinger of chaos and destruction they were trying to paint him as. They don't have nearly the ammunition as they did with Hillary, and it shows. They also are attacking his senility less, because the majority of people see Trump as more senile and demented then him. The focus now seems to be anti-China, making China the enemy and then imply Biden is soft on China. It's all they have left right now.
It's more like the messaging is only resonating with his base and no one else, because there are definitely some people who are convinced Dems are violent anarchists coming to burn down the country.

GasBandit

Staff member
Trump attacking Tiktok, however, has probably reinvigorated the zoomers who were doing things to harm his campaign, like reserving seats at rallies and then not showing up, or requesting swag kits and then burning them.

I don't think there's been a president in either of our lifetimes that has not dropped bombs.
The last president to be at peace for the entirety of his term was Calvin Coolidge. It’s pretty rare to have a president that hasn’t dropped bombs on somebody.

"Nuclear proliferation, which is a much bigger problem than global warming out in the real world"
"I read a lot, I comprehend probably better than anybody you've interviewed in a long time"
"Because of Afghanistan, the USSR became Russia, they don't want anything to do with Afghanistan"

I just finished reading the Axios interview transcript.

Americans are all gonna die, it's not an if, it's a when now. All we can do is limit how much of the world they take with them.