Former President Trump Thread

Necronic

Staff member
Well, now I feel vindicated for using the abused wife metaphor.

You're bringing home your anger and waiting for your wife to say something like that guy at work said. You take out your anger on her because you can't direct it toward the person who actually made you angry.
It's still an inappropriate metaphor.

If anyone here has some alternative facts they would like to put up to defend Trump they are more than welcome to. I have never seen any indication of censorship or the like here. If people's concern is that some of the responses are just too vitriolic, maybe I can understand that, but what do you expect?
I was actually musing on this on the way to work today...is there a group out there actively looking for the good things Trump('s administration) is doing to be able to bring them to the forefront? Because they certainly have their work cut out for them.

--Patrick

I dislike Trump for many reasons, but I'm more scared of Pence stepping in with Republicans in control of both the House and Senate. The disorganized poo poo show that is Trump's presidency so far is unpredictable, sure, but it we benefit from it being disorganized and, frankly, amateur-ish. If a pro steps into Trump's position, then things will start happening with lethal precision.

Necronic

Staff member
If there are good ideas/moves he's made I would legitimately love to hear them. There have been a few things that I feel have been positive. He chose to maintain the LGBT rules Obama put in place in the federal government iirc, and that is a very good thing.

Anyone have anything else?

I'm honestly and sincerely asking to hear about something *good* you think he has done. Don't worry about it I or others will agree if it's good, as we may not. I just want to hear anything people think is a good move.

I think benefit is a strong term here. Trump is completely abhorrent at dealing with foreign relations, and that is going to bite us in the ass. Though, I imagine he'll start getting bored soon and Congress will have time to hamper him (or impeach him).

Stalling LGBT legislation was because of Ivanka/her husband, which may be the only thing keeping Trump from being even more crazy as well, who knows.

If there are good ideas/moves he's made I would legitimately love to hear them. There have been a few things that I feel have been positive. He chose to maintain the LGBT rules Obama put in place in the federal government iirc, and that is a very good thing.

Anyone have anything else?

I'm honestly and sincerely asking to hear about something *good* you think he has done. Don't worry about it I or others will agree if it's good, as we may not. I just want to hear anything people think is a good move.
Didn't he have a phone conversation with the leader of Taiwan? Considering the way China will probably react to that it won't have been the *smart* thing to do, but I'd consider acknowledging Taiwan as seperate from the PRC as being a *good* thing.

Didn't he have a phone conversation with the leader of Taiwan? Considering the way China will probably react to that it won't have been the *smart* thing to do, but I'd consider acknowledging Taiwan as seperate from the PRC as being a *good* thing.
He recently confirmed the One China policy (like yesterday or something) with China's leader.

Zappit

Staff member
I honestly think if Trump defenders were expressly forbidden to mention Hillary Clinton in an argument, they'd start having aneurysms.

Because they've really got nothing beyond deflection.

Trump would be less dangerous if he had someone else to field international relations and if Bannon would return his rotted cantaloupe existence to whatever mire it crawled from.

Dave

Staff member
Well, crap.
I wouldn't worry. Next time he talks to Taiwan he'll reiterate that they need to be free and that's what he's always said. Then next time he talks to China it'll be all One China again. Dude only says what he thinks people want to hear to like him.

I wouldn't worry. Next time he talks to Taiwan he'll reiterate that they need to be free and that's what he's always said. Then next time he talks to China it'll be all One China again. Dude only says what he thinks people want to hear to like him.
Ah, so he's finally evolved into a True Blue Politician then.

FTA:

Spicer later called back and said, "This is more fake news. It is about time CNN focused on the success the President has had bringing back jobs, protecting the nation, and strengthening relationships with Japan and other nations. The President won the election because of his vision and message for the nation."
He later added "but Australia is still on our poo poo list."

Or something.

When one has ceased to be a person and has reduced themselves to being nothing more than a punchline, maybe the best thing to do is just... go.

Let's just say coming into the thread last night was a wake up call.

And since I'm stuck for what to say next, I'll just see myself out.
Well really it doesn't matter when you woke up, because now that you are aware of it, you could just stop doing it. Maybe get a blog or a Twitter account, you know? It's not like everybody's going to hold it against you; it was only a source of negativity because it's been ongoing. People generally want to move on from stuff. We kept Dave around despite that thing we don't mention anymore. :p

Oh, except over Mav, who is probably a member of the alt-right at this point.

I can't control other people's feelings. It's not completely feeling not wanted, but merely tolerated. Which kinda feels a whole lot worse.

Dave

Staff member
I can't control other people's feelings. It's not completely feeling not wanted, but merely tolerated. Which kinda feels a whole lot worse.
Of course you're wanted. We all have our blind spots. And most of us feel the same way you do, if not so virulently. You don't need to leave, just be aware that attacking and venting are two different things. It's all good, man.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nobody wants you to go. Like what I said in PM.

I mean, In long years past I've done way worse with malice aforethought than you did by honest, forthright emotion, and people forgave me.

And I totally relate to the "Just feel tolerated" thing, I feel that way a lot, and it's something I struggle with in a lot of my life. *hugs*

I am in that boat as well. I hope people actually like me but I can't shake the feeling that it is all a clever ruse. I haven't figured out the endgame on that as I am not rich or influential, so it must be genuine.

We interrupt this existential crisis to bring you breaking news. Melissa McCarthy AND Alec Baldwin are on tonight's SNL. Twitter meltdown from Der Cheetofuhrer (can we make this a thing?) sure to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's some murmur of anti-protest legislation moving around in states. I'm not sure if there's a connection to Trump's crimestopper "ignore that U.S. crime is at an all-time low" EOs, but the hood = identity concealment makes me think Bannon connection, because it's to prevent any more alt-right from being punched by anonymous punchers.

We interrupt this existential crisis to bring you breaking news. Melissa McCarthy AND Alec Baldwin are on tonight's SNL. Twitter meltdown from Der Cheetofuhrer (can we make this a thing?) sure to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herr Gropin'Fuhrer Twitler und his army of Trumplethinskins.