Former President Trump Thread

Given that Bolton wants to bomb everyone that Trump ends up giving in to, it makes a certain sort of sense.

And with the gift that Trump has just given to Iran, Turkey, and Russia; I would think that Bolton would consider taking Trump down his patriotic duty.

As much as I dislike Bolton, he got his start during the Cold War. The one thing that will get him angrier than anything else is the thought of cooperating with the Russkies.

Dave

Staff member
It's been known for DECADES that Trump - and a lot of rich people - do this. Not sure what the smoking gun here is other than business as usual.

It's been known for DECADES that Trump - and a lot of rich people - do this. Not sure what the smoking gun here is other than business as usual.
It's not that he's doing it, it's that he's doing it so sloppily that he got caught doing it, which just implies incompetence yet again.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
It's not that he's doing it, it's that he's doing it so sloppily that he got caught doing it, which just implies incompetence yet again.

--Patrick
And the only reason he got caught was because he appealed his property tax bills...which made them public record.

I wonder what would set him off more... attacking Old Man Fred or reminding him how less than Old Man Fred he was, is, and shall always be.

Remember: Mitch is no worse than a typical republican. He's just the designated hate sink. If hebwere to die today, his replacement would be identical.

Also bear in mind, that is a GOP talking point. Strategically it makes no sense to have the impeachment on the GOP timeline.

Last edited:
Washington

Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.​
Adams

Human nature with all its infirmities and depravation is still capable of great things. It should be your care, therefore, and mine, to elevate the minds of our children and exalt their courage; to accelerate and animate their industry and activity; to excite in them an habitual contempt of meanness, abhorrence of injustice and inhumanity, and an ambition to a excel in every capacity, faculty, and virtue. . . . But their bodies must be hardened, as well as their souls exalted. Without strength and activity and vigor of body, the brightest mental excellencies will be eclipsed and obscured.​
Jefferson

I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power.​
Teddy Roosevelt

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.​
Lincoln

But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.​
FDR

The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism -- ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.... Among us today a concentration of private power without equal in history is growing.​
Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.​
Trump

Let's work out a good deal! you don't want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and i don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy - and I will. I've already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson. I have worked hard to solve some of your problems. Don't let the world down. You can make a great deal. General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they would never have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing a copy of his letter to me, just received. History will look upon you favorably if you get this done the right and humane way. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don't happen. Don't be a tough guy! Don't be a fool! I will call you later.​

Jezzuz Haitch Tap Dancing Christ! That's not a bus Sondland is throwing Giuliani and cheeto under , it's a God Damn transport train!

Last edited:
When I saw he tried to arrange a tête-à-tête between the boy's family and the diplomat's wife, I legitimately thought someone was poking fun at his reality show past.
Nope! It was real.

--Patrick

Oh look cheeto just awarded a no bid contract to host the G7 summit to himself. And his staff tell us that he won't earn a penny! Isn't that just the cutest little fluffy muffin thing you've ever wever heard?

Dave

Staff member
Oh look cheeto just awarded a no bid contract to host the G7 summit to himself. And his staff tell us that he won't earn a penny! Isn't that just the cutest little fluffy muffin thing you've ever wever heard?
He might not actually make any money on the deal. In fact, he may lose some as he's got to beef up the help, etc. BUT...the resort needs a couple of million dollars worth of upgrades that will now HAVE to be done. So he might not make any money on it, but his place is going to get a facelift and renovated for free on your tax dollars.

figmentPez

Staff member
He might not actually make any money on the deal.
I think you mean "His books may show that he didn't make any money on the deal." There are going to be lot of people making money off of this, and favors that will be owed, and tax write-offs to be had, and generally it will a tremendous opportunity for Trump, and people in his favor, to pocket a lot of money from this. Renovations are just one aspect of how this will benefit him. Even if you're right, and Trump, personally, loses money on the deal, people around him will make bank, and that will further his political career.

Dave

Staff member
*I* know that and *YOU* know that. But he will still be able to say - TRUTHFULLY - that he personally made no money on the event. And his people will eat it up because they are dumb as posts. Kind of like how they all say, "He doesn't take a paycheck!" Yeah, but he's making money so many other ways now that the paycheck is small potatoes.

Oh look the cheeto train has changed lanes now admits to quid pro quo. Then says so what wanna fight about it.
Nope. It's "Yeah I tried to blackmail Ukraine for political dirt on a rival. So what if it's illegal. It's not like anything is going to actually happen, right Mitch?" as he squints in the general direction of the Senate.