Former President Trump Thread

Even with all that's revealed in Mueller's testimony today, even from so-called "Republicans," does anyone think Pelosi's going to do a goddamned thing?

Even with all that's revealed in Mueller's testimony today, even from so-called "Republicans," does anyone think Pelosi's going to do a goddamned thing?
Do I think Pelosi’s going to allow the Democrats in the House to be morons by pushing forward impeachment articles that have zero chance of succeeding, thus giving Trump an excuse to say he’s been vindicated in the face of overzealous persecution? No, because unlike most of the Twitter-sphere, she’s not an idiot.

Do I think Pelosi’s going to allow the Democrats in the House to be morons by pushing forward impeachment articles that have zero chance of succeeding, thus giving Trump an excuse to say he’s been vindicated in the face of overzealous persecution? No, because unlike most of the Twitter-sphere, she’s not an idiot.
Conversely I think it makes the democrats look weak.

I think both of these statements are correct.

I hear you. But that’s because, at the moment, they are in a position of weakness. If they want that to change in 2020 they can’t charge ahead. And I say this despite the fact that the bastard should definitely be impeached and imprisoned.

figmentPez

Staff member
It not only makes them look weak, it allows Trump to say that he's vindicated because there's not even enough evidence to impeach him.

If we can't impeach a president when the evidence is this overwhelming, then the system is so fucking broken we're going to end up committing another holocaust, and I'd rather go down swinging than just silently accede defeat.

Dave

Staff member
The dems are between a rock & a hard place here. No matter what they do the right will say that they are vindicated. Either they don't impeach (NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE!!) or they DO impeach and it dies in the senate because the republicans don't have the balls to do what's right (IMPEACHMENT FAILED!!).

So which is better?

In my opinion, it does not MATTER what the dems do because the right will always spin it in their favor. So why not impeach? The outcome to the base of the right will remain the same, but NOT doing so disillusions and discourages those on the left.

Impeachment is the logical option.

figmentPez

Staff member
The only way that impeachment proceedings make sense is if the Dems can pressure the Senate to Do Their Job.
Shouldn't the voters have some sort of say in... Nah, who am I kidding. Our only hope is businesses deciding that Trump is bad for the economy and having them pressure the Senate into going along with impeachment.

It really wouldn't be a good idea to impeach Trump. Remember that his base is convinced the world is arrayed against them already. They think experts, higher education, the press, and society at large is out to disrupt their families, faith, and way of life. Impeaching Trump will just confirm their suspicions.

As much as I'd love to see the Feds drag Trump away in cuffs, his people would just get violent.

Let's step aside to think about something else shall we?

Yesterday, a judge ruled that cheeto and his spawn must stand trial for a MLM scam. But in doing so, ruled that the plaintiffs fear that cheeto would target them for violence on social media was justified and ruled that they remain anonymous.

Second, cheeto attended a rally of youth yesterday and proudly stood in front of the presidential seal. Except some Mad magazine reading scallywag doctored the seal to show a Russian eagle gripping golf clubs and changed the motto to read 45 is a puppet in Spanish.

Do you think that may have been an assassination attempt? I mean, get him so mad once he finds out about something that he just has a heart attack and dies?

—Patrick

Do you think that may have been an assassination attempt? I mean, get him so mad once he finds out about something that he just has a heart attack and dies?
It's certainly the one I've been hoping for. Well, or leaving him a vegetable for a few years, anyway.

—Patrick

That's easy to do, just convince McDonalds it's detrimental to their brand to continue serving him.

Dave

Staff member
The seal is funny but what's funnier is that dipshit gave a speech to a youth conference and that was the actual backdrop!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...ited-with-symbols-of-russia-and-golf?ref=home

Now, I don't blame him for not noticing the seal was different. He's seen the real seal several hundred times now and it probably just blends into the background. So I'm not dogging him for missing it. But damn if it isn't funny and accurate!

By the way, the banner in Spanish reads, "45 is a puppet". :rofl:

The seal is funny but what's funnier is that dipshit gave a speech to a youth conference and that was the actual backdrop!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...ited-with-symbols-of-russia-and-golf?ref=home

Now, I don't blame him for not noticing the seal was different. He's seen the real seal several hundred times now and it probably just blends into the background. So I'm not dogging him for missing it. But damn if it isn't funny and accurate!

By the way, the banner in Spanish reads, "45 is a puppet". :rofl:
They're trying to blame the hotel staff for this. Most hotels have absolutely nothing to do with setting up a presentation. Any media is the group's responsibility.

They're trying to blame the hotel staff for this. Most hotels have absolutely nothing to do with setting up a presentation. Any media is the group's responsibility.
Oh, fuck that noise. I worked at a hotel when a POTUS visited our city. We didn't have a hair out of place and POTUS was never scheduled to go anywhere near our hotel. We were just the back up communication hub in case AF1 was inoperable.

Dave

Staff member
It HAD to be someone at Turning Point, USA, which makes this even funnier. My guess is they needed the seal, went online to grab something, and just got this. It's almost certain this was an innocent fuckup, but damn if it isn't a hoot.

You know those lame upvote this so it shows as the top google search posts on reddit? I think this is what happened. The presenters just grabbed the best resolution image for the google search seal of the president.

It's a Krispy Kreme moment for the President.
Of course, someone's gonna complain that it would've been fine if only there'd been one more "K."

--Patrick

You know those lame upvote this so it shows as the top google search posts on reddit? I think this is what happened. The presenters just grabbed the best resolution image for the google search seal of the president.
Holy shit I was right. The image was made years ago. The youth group just did a Google image search for the best resolution png image of the presidents seal.