Former President Trump Thread

Since I just (yes I'm slow) realized it might be taken the wrong way: @DarkAudit , I don't actually think you're an idiot, either. I just assumed it was safe to include you since I was replying to you.

Just reading about a lawyer's report on the condition of a teenage mother being held in custody at one of the MANY, MANY border detention facility, where she gave birth to a premature baby in custody and how the child's only been given a dirty towel and an ill-fitting onesie and is in obvious need of medical assistance, as is the mother who's barely moved from her wheel chair in over a month.

Of all the things that will be included in Trump's legacy, I fucking hope that humans rights violation concentration camps for people who aren't white is the only one that sticks.

Dave

Staff member
In other news, we can all agree that it most likely wasn't Iran that blew up those ships right?
It makes zero sense for Iran to attack the ships of a country whose PM was visiting at that moment. In fact, only 3 countries benefit from this: Israel, the US (specifically Trump and the right), and Saudi Arabia.

Bolton wants his war and this is damned convenient for him.

Of all the things that will be included in Trump's legacy, I fucking hope that humans rights violation concentration camps for people who aren't white is the only one that sticks.
I kinda am hoping he gets permanently tagged for more than just the camps, honestly.

—Patrick

Remember, Kelly, the dude who was described as the sane one in the Trump administration, is now making money from these border holding facilities, because he is also an inhuman monster.

Over the years I've seen multiple countries with disgraced leaders that end up fleeing their respective countries to avoid prosecution. I've never thought that this could be a possibility for the U.S. until this President. I could totally see him fleeing when he leaves office.

Over the years I've seen multiple countries with disgraced leaders that end up fleeing their respective countries to avoid prosecution. I've never thought that this could be a possibility for the U.S. until this President. I could totally see him fleeing when he leaves office.
Nah. He's too arrogant to think he could possibly have to face the consequences for his actions.

I'm not sure what good it would do. The US was willing to go into Pakistan extrajudicially to get Bin Laden and suffered basically no backlash from doing it (mostly because what was Pakistan going to do about it). A rogue president is much more dangerous, especially one who can't keep his mouth shut... and considering the kind of life style he lives, I don't see many people willing to house him. Russia might but I'd imagine we'd just shoot down his jet if it came to that.

Strictly speaking, I don't know what happens to Trump when he's no longer president and I don't think anyone else has thought about it. The feds aren't going to pay for his protection and they sure as hell aren't going to let him leave the country. He's not a living saint like fucking Jimmy Carter or someone who plays the game well like Clinton, people who could be trusted to actually keep their secrets and come home. He might just have to stay in Trump Tower or somewhere else for the rest of his days.

Afaik the secret service protects all former presidents, even the crappy ones, so I imagine they will have to pay for his security.

Afaik the secret service protects all former presidents, even the crappy ones, so I imagine they will have to pay for his security.
It used to be lifetime, then they passed an act saying it was only 10 years post-presidency, but apparently Obama signed a different act to restore it to GWB and all presidents proceeding. I wasn't aware they reinstated it.

figmentPez

Staff member
especially one who can't keep his mouth shut...
That's going to become an issue long before he's out of office. If he's willing to openly take information and assistance from a foreign power in order to win an election, then he's someone who would trade information in private. How much of the United States wold Dolt45 trade away for an advantage in the election? How many state secrets would he turn over to bolster his ego?

That's going to become an issue long before he's out of office. If he's willing to openly take information and assistance from a foreign power in order to win an election, then he's someone who would trade information in private. How much of the United States wold Dolt45 trade away for an advantage in the election? How many state secrets would he turn over to bolster his ego?
Yeah, but this has been said and said many times. I think he's an idiot, but, well, so was Dubyah - maybe not *as* bad, but he didn't have a Twitter addiction and did have some competent staff. I don't mind all that much that I disagree with him on every possible policy choice - I disagreed with GWB on most everything, too - if theocratic antifeminist neoconservative bullshit is what the majority of the voters want, well, sucks to live over there. But he's made it abundantly plain, several times over, that he doesn't understand the concept of state secrets, military secrets, etc, and is willing to do anything at all for personal gain. A blind trust? Sure, I'll give everything over to my kids, who will also work in the White House, but of course I won't enrich myself! If you believe KGB over CIA, that's a serious problem. If you think you've got a great relationship with hostile dictators, and you freely exchange information with them which you withhold from your own people, that's a serious problem.
I am 100% convinced that Trump has done things that amount to treason - perhaps unwittingly, perhaps not, but whatever - he'd sell the nuclear launch codes if it meant one more gold plated toilet bowl on his golf course.

if theocratic antifeminist neoconservative bullshit is what the majority of the voters want, well, sucks to live over there.
Forgetting the philosophy of tyranny by the majority and all that, just a reminder that more people voted for Gore than Bush and Hillary than trump.