Former President Trump Thread

DNC had better not nominate Biden. Every time a party goes with the "safe" bet, it fails to incentivize and they lose. Kerry, Romney, Clinton, all boring, safe choices that nobody really believed in. Biden is more of the same.

Biden actively sucks ass when it comes to racial stuff. There's too much in the past where he's said some really fucking dumb shit about the black community. You want to do better in southern red states? Don't fucking put a candidate forward that black people don't give a good God damn about.

Let's just come out and say it: Biden's basically a Republican and wouldn't do anything to undo the damage they've caused or to go after the bad faith actors involved. I may not like Warren (basically for inflicting Bernie on us) but I at least believe she'd be willing to arrest Trump and try to hold him accountable for his actions. Biden wouldn't; it'd be the same old "we need to move on" bullshit the leaders of the Left try to pull.

No. It is not time to move on. It's time to make examples.

Bleah. Not if it means having to share his DNA. No thank you.

--Patrick
That's the same stupid shit he peddles about "good" genes...

Now having him attend your family gatherings... now that i get wanting to avoid at all costs...
Post automatically merged:

And cheeto declared no infrastructure spending until all investigations stop.
If only there was some sort of word for that sort of blackmail attempt against people investigating your activities....

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump and Fox News spread doctored video of Nancy Pelosi, which was faked to make her appear to stutter and slur her words.

Were those videos spread by comedy sites as parody? Or were they presented by news sites and politicians as truth?
The line between comedy and news is thin these days, with things like the Tonight show or Late show or Last week tonight bringing more objective news than many "news" sources.
That said, I've seen which videos on huffpost, though I think it was in the "internet" category as a joke, not the news segment.

figmentPez

Staff member
The line between comedy and news is thin these days, with things like the Tonight show or Late show or Last week tonight bringing more objective news than many "news" sources.
That said, I've seen which videos on huffpost, though I think it was in the "internet" category as a joke, not the news segment.
Let me repeat myself: Were those fake videos of Trump presented as factual news by major news outlets, or tweeted out as truth by Democrat leaders? NO? Then you're not being fair.

That comedy shows are doing a good job of presenting real world issues doesn't change the fact that Fox News presents itself as fact, and not as parody. There's a reason that newspapers don't present political cartoons as facts. There's a reason why Opinion articles should be clearly labeled as opinion. There's a huge, god-damn problem when news outlets are presenting doctored video as factual.

I never disagreed with any of that. I just think it bears mentioning, but sure, I'll just not post something I think is relevant and shut up.

There also exists the possibility that the reason comedy shows' presentations are perceived as more objective is because the positions being broadcast these days by the official news outlets shockingly turn out to be biased in some way.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
So Trump has continued the long tradition of citing emergency powers to sell arms to other countries, without having to go through congressional approval. It has been done in the past by the following presidents:
  • Reagan
  • Bush Sr.
  • George H.W. Bush
Presidents who have NOT done this:
  • Clinton
  • Obama
I'm sensing a pattern.

Oh, and this time it's to Saudi Arabia. They really need guns and are good people, right? Tell that to 9-11 and the Khashoggi family. What is the emergency, you ask? Iran.

Bolton ants his fucking war and Trump is really working hard to give it to him.

So Trump has continued the long tradition of citing emergency powers to sell arms to other countries, without having to go through congressional approval. It has been done in the past by the following presidents:
  • Reagan
  • Bush Sr.
  • George H.W. Bush
Presidents who have NOT done this:
  • Clinton
  • Obama
I'm sensing a pattern.

Oh, and this time it's to Saudi Arabia. They really need guns and are good people, right? Tell that to 9-11 and the Khashoggi family. What is the emergency, you ask? Iran.

Bolton ants his fucking war and Trump is really working hard to give it to him.
Tell that to Yemen.

Dave

Staff member
I was citing the things that most Americans actually give a shit about. I completely agree with you, however.

Who are the fuck are these goons to be shit talking Elizabeth Warren's speech patterns with doctored videos. LOOK AT THIS FUCKING TWEET FROM THE PRESIDENT'S PERSONAL FUCKING LAWYER AND FORMER MAYOR OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CITY ON EARTH.

HMMMMZZZZT, RUDYTRON MALFFFFFFFUUUFUFUFUFUFUFNCTIONING

cheeto has ruled that there is no need to calculate the long term effects of climate change anymore. 20 years is all we need.

cheeto has ruled that there is no need to calculate the long term effects of climate change anymore. 20 years is all we need.
Because he's 72 & is unlikely to last another 20 years. He doesn't care how badly he fucks the world up as long as he can make money in the short term & won't be around long enough to suffer through the long term consequences.

Dave

Staff member
All the truly good people have left government over this fucking moron. We've lost so many good people.

Wasn't Mueller already retired before this? I took his resignation to mean he's finished and there's nothing more he can do because now it's up to Congress and the Justice department, both of which are packed with Trump stooges

This is probably Mueller showing his disgust with the entire process and walking away. He might talk to Congress now that he's not legally bound, he might not. If he does and he gets arrested, he just gets pardoned next time a Democrat takes the White House... *shrug*

Regardless, he's basically ensured that someone's going to do a movie about him sooner or later.

All the truly good people have left government over this fucking moron. We've lost so many good people.
There's still good people working for the government, for now!
...Err, Hailey and her girlfriend/wife? I guess? Don't really know about anyone higher up, but still :p

There's still good people working for the government, for now!
...Err, Hailey and her girlfriend/wife? I guess? Don't really know about anyone higher up, but still :p
We're employees of a private company with government contracts. Catering services also have these. We're not anywhere close to important. :p

Last edited:
Loo, if you don't allow me to sort of stretch a little bit....Errr.....Are teachers true and proper government employees? If so, CajunGal :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, if that's your threshold, *I* work for the government... because my company's biggest client is Texas A&M University, a public (State) institution of higher learning :p