Former President Trump Thread

Maybe I was just spoiled by being surrounded by 'local' Pizza places growing up, but I honestly can't stand most chain Pizza places.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe I was just spoiled by being surrounded by 'local' Pizza places growing up, but I honestly can't stand most chain Pizza places.
Could be it. Not a lot of Mom and Pop Pizzerias in places like El Paso or Albuquerque, and they were pretty scarce even in Colorado Springs, too. The one non-chain pizzeria I know of around here, now, is down in Northgate (or at least it was 10 years ago, I haven't checked recently) and their pizza is crap because 90% of the time their customers are drunk college students who you could serve cheetos crushed against cardboard wedges and they couldn't tell the difference.

This is my experience too. Joseppi's, Minelli's, and M&S pizza are Westside institutions. That doesn't mean we don't have good chain pizza; Donatos has been around here for years, plus we have great small chains like Flyers, but those are mostly "lunch" pizzas because I can't get Joseppi's or Minelli's during lunch at home.

Dominos has supposedly completely revamped their recipe and people say it’s much better now, but I think the last time I had a Dominos pizza, the WTC was still standing.

—Patrick

Pretty much all the local pizza places around here are good. Getting Domino's and Pizza Hut is for the commuters.

What I mean by that, we're right on I-78 and US-22 so we have developments full of people who live here but commute into NYC or Newark or Morristown, etc, for work. They tend to go to the franchises since they're familiar, instead of the local places.

Last time I had it was in 2017, but it was SCRUM DIDDLY FUCKING UMPTIOUS.

In fact Dominos every weekend was a large part of the problem that led to me getting to weigh what I did.
Enjoy what you enjoy :) I know we have much better stuff around here I'd rather have, but maybe the franchise in your area is good, who knows?

GasBandit

Staff member
Enjoy what you enjoy :) I know we have much better stuff around here I'd rather have, but maybe the franchise in your area is good, who knows?
I will also admit it's about knowing WHAT to get. Like, steer clear of the sausage if you value your colon. But usually I got ham, bacon, extra cheese, onions and bell peppers. SO GOOD.

This dude I used to game with loved getting Sicilian pizza with pepperoni and chicken strips on it - like breaded chicken tenders would be cut up and used as topping along with cheese and pepperoni.

It was better than it had any right to be.

But that was also from a local place.

Also, in a lot of the country, chains can be better for things like pizza than local places. I know when I was a five year old in Ohio, getting a non-Pizza Hut pizza was asking for trouble, since you'd usually get something made with white american cheese or monterey jack instead of mozzarella or provolone.

GasBandit

Staff member
This dude I used to game with loved getting Sicilian pizza with pepperoni and chicken strips on it - like breaded chicken tenders would be cut up and used as topping along with cheese and pepperoni.

It was better than it had any right to be.

But that was also from a local place.

Also, in a lot of the country, chains can be better for things like pizza than local places. I know when I was a five year old in Ohio, getting a non-Pizza Hut pizza was asking for trouble, since you'd usually get something made with white american cheese or monterey jack instead of mozzarella or provolone.
There's a super-cheap pizza chain here called Cici's, which usually is rock bottom both in price and quality. They had a $5 all you can eat lunch buffet that included salad and dessert. Most of the pizza ranged from barely edible to tolerable.

Except.

EXCEPT.

They came up with a chicken alfredo pizza. It used alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce, and grilled chicken and bacon as the toppings. IT WAS CRACK. I used to go there for lunch as often as I could while that was on the menu, and it got to where they'd see me coming and put two more of them in the oven because they knew I'd eat two entire pizzas on my own. I'm pretty sure I'm the reason they discontinued that pizza... it was too tasty to me for them to be profitable.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ooooh, looks good. My favorite places in town are Central Pizza and Bread & Circus. They both do wood-fired pizza. Delicious, crispy crust.

Not true here in Columbus. As mentioned above, the Pizza on the Westside is great... mostly because the local places here have been in the hands of Italian immigrant families since before WW2. Even the ones that aren't are pretty good.

Like... seriously; Pizza Hut is bottom of the barrel in pretty much every category here.

We have lots of great local pizza places around here, but I would still order Dominoes sometimes when I lived withing their delivery radius. Those pan pizzas + stuffed cheese bread ain't nothing to sneeze at.

(like Gas, dominoes was a major factor in me getting fat)

So Mueller is postponing sentencing for Gates as he is still cooperating.

Mueller also dropped a heavily redacted report on Manafort, detailing how he broke his plea deal.

Also cheeto encouraging furloughed workers to leave and not return, status of NATO still in doubt.

The news Titans show on Netflix is sweet.

No negotiations between anyone today, not since baby left the room last week.

I wonder if the McDonald workers got tipped?

Also cheeto encouraging furloughed workers to leave and not return, status of NATO still in doubt.
There has been some talk amongst republicans close to the White House that basically the only "out" they see is if the TSA situation gets worse.
You know, as opposed to throwing Mitch out on his ass and getting something done.

Well the airport in Atlanta Georgia is in a bad way right now.

I think the shutdown will be resolved before that gets any worse, and you know interferes with the superb owl.

I hadnt thought about the massive air traffic with the Super Bowl. That's gonna be a nightmare if the airport is already in such a bad way.

I hadnt thought about the massive air traffic with the Super Bowl. That's gonna be a nightmare if the airport is already in such a bad way.
Maybe everyone can enjoy a meal at McDonalds instead.

Well the airport in Atlanta Georgia is in a bad way right now.

I think the shutdown will be resolved before that gets any worse, and you know interferes with the superb owl.
Why do you feel that way? The airports in Houston and Atlanta are having a rough time, but will the powers that be care if it expands to three airports? Or a dozen? Or all of them?

Why do you feel that way? The airports in Houston and Atlanta are having a rough time, but will the powers that be care if it expands to three airports? Or a dozen? Or all of them?
Businesses can't function without public air travel. Yeah, the top CEOS have private jets but they can't/won't pay for everyone to have that. Once they lose money they'll tell their GOP senators to figure this out. Remember, the senate unanimously agreed to avoid this until trump threw his temper tantrum.

Businesses can't function without public air travel. Yeah, the top CEOS have private jets but they can't/won't pay for everyone to have that. Once they lose money they'll tell their GOP senators to figure this out. Remember, the senate unanimously agreed to avoid this until trump threw his temper tantrum.
Dunno about Houston, but Atlanta is fairly blue, and Delta (the most notable airline out of here) angered the Trumpies back when they rescinded the NRA's flight privileges. Maybe they're happy to watch the economy burn if the tinderbox is full of minorities and lefties :p

Oh yeah The Base™ couldn't care less about flights being shut down. But if it's effecting profits of companies that support republicans, they will. Besides just have Fox News declare the reopening of the government a massive win for trump and The Base™ will be too dumb to know otherwise.

Oh yeah The Base™ couldn't care less about flights being shut down. But if it's effecting profits of companies that support republicans, they will. Besides just have Fox News declare the reopening of the government a massive win for trump and The Base™ will be too dumb to know otherwise.
I'm sure Trump will push that. "Heroic reopening of the government that the Democrats wanted to keep shutdown forever by YOUR GREAT PRESIDENT, ME." Meanwhile, Youtube will still be running his border crisis ads that won't stop even though I turned off political ads in my settings.