Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
As much as I like seeing Trump all sourpuss-faced, why is this couched as if to extol Pelosi's bravery? What exactly did Pelosi, the most D of Democrats from the Bluest Liberal Stronghold Ever, risk or have to lose by "standing up" to a (some would say controversial, some would say hugely unpopular) Republican President?

Bookmark this comment, and come back to revisit it in two (or God Help Us, six) years, and I bet you'll feel kinda silly.
I agree. All this talk of a violent government takeover is hyperbolic. That's why the second amendment is an obsolete relic of a bygone era.

I mean, which is it? Either the government is capable of being oppressive or it isn't. Do you think it is that far fetched to say that trump, a man who has shown 0 respect for democratic institutions, and is probably going to go to jail if he loses in 2020, would do whatever power grab he has to if he feels he needs to?

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, which is it? Either the government is capable of being oppressive or it isn't. Do you think it is that far fetched to say that trump, a man who has shown 0 respect for democratic institutions, and is probably going to go to jail if he loses in 2020, would do whatever power grab he has to if he feels he needs to?
That's a moved goalpost.

The second amendment isn't something to be used just when you don't like a president's policies - policies that are discarded simply when someone else gets elected.

The second amendment existing is part of why what Pez references won't come to pass. It is a deterrent, and worst-case-scenario mitigator.

Trump MIGHT try something dodgy in 2020, but I doubt he would get away with it. Even I don't think we're THAT far gone yet.

What he will do is destabilize our democracy by claiming if he loses, it’s because of voting fraud, because it was what he did in 2016. Don’t act like that doesn’t hurt our country.

Last edited:
It's only a matter of time before someone finally goads cheeto into a stroke. Just wish it were someone more willing to tell McConnell to go fuck himself than Pelosi is.

figmentPez

Staff member
He's doing as much as he can to encourage exactly that result. He's trying to set himself up on the side of 2nd Amendment gun owners. He won't have to worry about the people rising up to stop him, if he can convince enough of the gun owning people that they should rise up and support him.

I don't think it's gun owners, per se. I just don't believe he thinks he's done anything SO wrong that he should actually be punished for it. Sure, he knows he's done some "wrong" stuff, but I think he genuinely believes that stuff falls under "the perks of the position" and so he shouldn't be held accountable for the indulgences he believes himself entitled to due to his position.

--Patrick

I don't think it's gun owners, per se. I just don't believe he thinks he's done anything SO wrong that he should actually be punished for it. Sure, he knows he's done some "wrong" stuff, but I think he genuinely believes that stuff falls under "the perks of the position" and so he shouldn't be held accountable for the indulgences he believes himself entitled to due to his position.

--Patrick
The Nixon Defense...

I'm disgusted with the fact that I feel like I need to buy a weapon to protect myself and my family from my neighbors. This is not the America I grew up in.

I don't get the hate for Pence sitting like a corpse in that video. What options did he really have? If he jumps in and wins the day he shows up cheeto, if he jumps in and does not win the day he's weak to cheeto. His only play is to let the big dog the alpha cheeto run his yard arrrooowah! and sit quietly letting the world see the orange shit show.

I don’t have the inclination to link them, but I was disheartened to look through my news feed and see all the conservative news outlets applauding President Trump for things like “showing them who’s boss” or “not being fake” during that meeting with Rep. Pelosi. Many of them used the word “Winner” to describe Trump’s performance. They lapped it up.

Which goes to show, again, that half of this country has its head so far up its own ass that they actually think he’s doing great when he does shit like this.

Trump was right. He could shoot an innocent man in Times Square and his supporters would cheer him for it. Including about 51 percent of the Senate.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Conservatives are beyond reason. The only hope we have is that they tend to be older so hopefully they'll die off beyond replacement rate.