Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
In an interview with Reuters, Trump says of the Mueller investigation “I can go in, and I could do whatever — I could run it if I want. But I decided to stay out,” he said. “I’m totally allowed to be involved if I wanted to be. So far, I haven’t chosen to be involved. I’ll stay out.”

I really wish our government were showing some signs of sanity, and that a man saying he can run the investigation into his own closest political and financial allies was just the ravings of a madman who is afraid, but the fact is that he might be right. At this point he might just be able to take over the investigation, declare whatever findings he decides, and then kill anyone who dissents.

“So if I say something and he (Comey) says something, and it’s my word against his, and he’s best friends with Mueller, so Mueller might say: ‘Well, I believe Comey,’ and even if I’m telling the truth, that makes me a liar. That’s no good.”

That's not how this works; that's not how any of this works! You don't get charged with perjury just because you say something that the opposition doesn't agree with! Truth isn't just a made-up concept! I know Dolt45 desperately wants truth to something that can be fabricated by whoever has the most money and power, but that's not reality. Hopefully the truth will continue to matter.

"Wind" is more indestructible than "coal", and "a windmill" is less of a target than "a mine".
I mean, I know these are incoherent rantings of someone on the brink of whatever he has, but you'd think literally anyone listening would realise this doesn't make sense in 2 seconds.

Anyone who thinks coal in indestructible should go ask the residents of Centralia, PA what they think. Y'know, assuming they can find any of the previous residents.

What does the US military use coal for?
Pretty sure it’s just a reference to the fact that we have enough domestic coal to power our country without outside supplement, and that enemies can’t “blow it up” since it’s all safely underground.
But as @Gared says, Centralia shows that it’s not “indestructible.”

—Patrick

Cohen pleads guilty. Says he committed campaign finance violations on behalf of a presidential candidate but hasn't said which one.

Manafort found guilty on 8 charges.

Trump has a rally tonight. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have an anyeurism on live TV.

Cohen pleads guilty. Says he committed campaign finance violations on behalf of a presidential candidate but hasn't said which one.

Trump has a rally tonight. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have an anyeurism on live TV.

I am schadenfreuden the fuck out of today.

figmentPez

Staff member
And a mistrial on the 10 other charges he was facing. Not a single count of innocence.

Also of note, the judge has received threats against his life, and won't reveal the identity of jurors because of those threats.

EDIT: I'm expecting the sychophantic Republican response to be "So what? It's just money."

Look, I don't like wishing death one anyone, it's bad juju, but it would probably be karmaic justice if his bad health caught up with him and left him a vegetable, soiling himself for another 10 years or so. He's had a lifetime of being a terrible person long before he became president.

But then that train of thought gets me thinking about Dave (no, not @Dave) and...well, Melania is no Sigourney Weaver, I'll say that.

Look, not a big believer in the afterlife, but I'd like to imagine that the suffering you caused in life is returned to you in death.

Look, not a big believer in the afterlife, but I'd like to imagine that the suffering you caused in life is returned to you in death.
I'd like to imagine that, in the afterlife, he is told to look back on his life and deeds, but that he does so with eyes made free of conceit, greed, ambition, and bias, and is forced to acknowledge the immensity of the misery he has set in motion through his actions. I would further like to imagine that his newly-repentant soul will yearn to undo this damage he has caused, but alas, being dead means it will be too late for any of that, and so he will be forced to watch each misery's thread unwind to its respective conclusion with him both powerless to effect any change and unable to look away.

--Patrick

I'd like to imagine that, in the afterlife, he is told to look back on his life and deeds, but that he does so with eyes made free of conceit, greed, ambition, and bias, and is forced to acknowledge the immensity of the misery he has set in motion through his actions. I would further like to imagine that his newly-repentant soul will yearn to undo this damage he has caused, but alas, being dead means it will be too late for any of that, and so he will be forced to watch each misery's thread unwind to its respective conclusion with him both powerless to effect any change and unable to look away.

--Patrick
Oooh, that's a good one.

The entire Trump family from at least Old Man Fred is simply evil. Only the 11 year old gets a pass because he's 11.

A pass for NOW.

Mid week recap;

The libel suits against the Steele dossier author were dismissed with prejudice on Monday.

Tuesday Manafort found guilty and can face 80 yrs in prison. Still has another trial in September.

Tuesday Cohen plead guilty to 8 counts.

And not well reported due to immense nature of the previous 2 items, Summer Zervos attorneys have appealed to the judge in the case to force cheeto to turn over evidence, also on Tuesday.