Former President Trump Thread

I think the "don't play devil's advocate" was for everyone, or at least that's how I took it. I agree; it is pointless and I've seen it said on here many times, though I'm not sure if it's many people or just a couple.

It's the Charlie effect. I agreed with Charlie, but the way he argued it made even me want to side against him because he was being toxic and pointless in his arguments

It's the Charlie effect. I agreed with Charlie, but the way he argued it made even me want to side against him because he was being toxic and pointless in his arguments
Oh, right. I kinda forgot he was the catalyst for a lot of that shit. I think that's why I just went off on him multiple times. He was doing more damage to what he talked about than helping. Though I disagreed with him enough times to get on his ass in sincerity, like ... anything to do with feminism whatsoever. He had no idea what he was talking about any more than the trilby crowd that eventually de-digivolved into meninists.

Trump seems intent for tantrum, but the Senate supports NATO anyway in 97 to 2 vote.

I'm genuinely surprised there wasn't a mass cowing to Trump there. I'm sure he'll have some choice tweets about it.

cheeto "will fly into Brussels like a seagull squawk at everyone and shit all over everything then fly away, " leaving he US allies to wonder if they can rely upon Washington.

Quote from Fox Corp

However, one position I definitely do have that I WILL argue at the drop of a hat is other people should be able to argue their positions without being told to fuck off. I don't care how much "bullshit" anyone thinks their rhetoric is.
Ain't self preservation great... :p:p:p

Frankly, I think you and @li3n are the unmitigated twin kings of sophomoric bullshit, but I continue to engage you in civil discourse... lord knows why.
HEY, YOU TAKE THAT BACK.... NO ONE IS MY EQUAL WHEN IT COMES TO SOPHOMORIC BULLSHIT... not even you...

GasBandit

Staff member
HEY, YOU TAKE THAT BACK.... NO ONE IS MY EQUAL WHEN IT COMES TO SOPHOMORIC BULLSHIT... not even you...
Step up your game, bro! You might think you're the Golden State Warriors of BS, but 10-12 years ago, I was the '97 Bulls you'd never have stood a chance against ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
You mean the rules that would give a team with 3 of the best shooters in NBA history a shorter three point line?
Two words: Hand checking. Warriors would be sent home to momma. And that perimeter defense would have locked the Warriors up.
Also, Kerr, Buechler, and Jordan had better shooting numbers than Curry or Thompson.

Defense in the 90s was nothing like it is now. They could hit people more but they barely had to run. Ball movement was nothing like it is now (especially on these warriors teams). The Bulls would be gassed.

Also, I meant three point shooting. Which Jordan was definitely not particularly good at. And the others' were partially buoyed by the 3 seasons with the shorter line.

And you cite the 97 Bulls. Need I remind you that these warriors won more games than those Bulls and then added one of the best scorers in NBA history?

GasBandit

Staff member
Defense in the 90s was nothing like it is now. They could hit people more but they barely had to run. Ball movement was nothing like it is now (especially on these warriors teams). The Bulls would be gassed.
That's what I'm talking about - the Warriors rely on the current rules. I meant if you transplanted today's warriors to 96/97, and they had to play by those rules, the Bulls would win. The warriors wouldn't be able to compare with the physicality. Pippen, Jordan, and Harper would run roughshod over the warriors' offense.

Also, I meant three point shooting. Which Jordan was definitely not particularly good at. And the others' were partially buoyed by the 3 seasons with the shorter line.
Wait, Jordan was not particularly good at 3 points?

The shortened 3 point line went into effect in 94, and the leaguewide accuracy on 3pt shooting went from 33 to 37%, but actual attempts didn't go up appreciably. Who knows what the shorter line might for for the Warriors, but that year each of the Bulls’ top three 3-point shooters (Kerr, 52 percent; Buechler, 44 percent; Jordan, 43 percent) shot better than Curry and Thompson (41 percent each). Plus you figure in the Bulls' defense, and the Warriors aren't able to get the shots off, except maybe Durant.

Bulls in 5.

Step up your game, bro! You might think you're the Golden State Warriors of BS, but 10-12 years ago, I was the '97 Bulls you'd never have stood a chance against ;)
Pfft, you where simply forced to BS more back then because you had way more BS to keep up with from the way crazier people that where around back then...

I mean, no way those times where more civil...

cheeto is taking funds from AIDS patients to kidnap American citizens.
Now, now... they're not sure yet if they are citizens or not...

Relevant article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/11/us-immigration-family-separations-doj-us-citizens

GasBandit

Staff member
Pfft, you where simply forced to BS more back then because you had way more BS to keep up with from the way crazier people that where around back then...

I mean, no way those times where more civil...
I got a confession to make - I have no idea about anything in Basketball. My debate with @blotsfan is entirely spun out of snippets of stuff I've heard across my station's ESPN feed over the last couple years and stats I pulled from sports blogs while googling on the fly to fill in the gaps as needed. I haven't watched a basketball game in 20 years.

Now that's BSing :D

B

BErt

yes but how well would the Warriors do against the 97 Bulls if hand checking were legal, the 3pt line was shorter, and they played a 7 game series on the Death Star?

https://forward.com/fast-forward/40...ifornia-gop-congressional-candidate-robocall/

In regards to my earlier comment, this piece of trash will receive a large njmber of votes just because people hit the elephant button.
Hey look, yet another case where the poor, poor Republican party is bound by their own bylaws to support an openly racist, Holocaust denying Nazi sympathizer. Too bad they can't do anything about those bylaws. Such an unfortunate turn of events, being forced to support such reprehensible candidates.

I'd just like to note that many players said the closer 3 point line actually made 3-pointers harder, because defenders would be closer to you. This meant it'd be easier for defenders to double team you if they believed a shot was imminent. Furthermore, even if defenders continued playing you man to man, the fact that you were now closer together meant that it was easier to get a hand in your face, or even block your 3 point attempt.

I'd just like to note that many players said the closer 3 point line actually made 3-pointers harder, because defenders would be closer to you. This meant it'd be easier for defenders to double team you if they believed a shot was imminent. Furthermore, even if defenders continued playing you man to man, the fact that you were now closer together meant that it was easier to get a hand in your face, or even block your 3 point attempt.
Nothing stopping you from shooting farther out (as Curry loves to do even now).

Hey look, yet another case where the poor, poor Republican party is bound by their own bylaws to support an openly racist, Holocaust denying Nazi sympathizer. Too bad they can't do anything about those bylaws. Such an unfortunate turn of events, being forced to support such reprehensible candidates.
"But it's okay, because he can't possibly win the general." NO IT'S FUCKING NOT. Just stop it.