Former President Trump Thread

Dave

Staff member
Or cares? Treaties are either fake news or the worst deal in American history. So he'll ignore it.

It's like he's DESPERATE to be remembered for something positive at this point, instead of the horrific human rights crisis he's caused.

Also... The AIRFORCE is already in charge of Space matters.

Guys, this is cheeto trying to make and enduring skid on American society.

Even though some 40,000 members of the air force are employed in the space sector and nobody in the military wants this, all hail orange baby fingers streak marks.

And for a damn good reason. If Trump manages to actually start this new branch of the military, it will start the clock on a countdown to the next world war.
You're wrong! Once there's a SPACE FORCE, there will be no more world wars.... all wars will be STAR SOLAR WARS...

Last edited:
You know, the thing that makes me salty about this is that since it's a USCIS initiative, it'll be funded by immigrant fees (like practically everything USCIS does). This is what they choose to spend our money on, instead of (to name one possibility) hiring/training more data entry folk and immigration officers.

Related, I got these two e-mails last week:
uscis1.png
uscis2.png

Hey, guys, remember in the original Trump thread my MIL was terrified of something like this happening after the hell she went through to get naturalized (not to mention living through the regime change in China), and some members told me I was being overly worried, that America was so welcoming that it would NEVER come to this?

Isn't that funny?

And by funny I mean horrifically terrifying.

What I hope and pray is people with the ability are jumping on this and finding a way for the courts to declare this unconstitutional. Because with the vague defintion of "lied" as presented in the article, this could put my family, many of our friends, and possibly Mr. Z's job directly in the line of fire.

How long before even this isn't far enough, and you have to be born the right skin color or religion to be declared a US citizen by birth?

How long before even this isn't far enough, and you have to be born the right skin color or religion to be declared a US citizen by birth?
I'd be speechless if your Congress got its shit together long enough to pass any constitutional amendment, and it got ratified. Short of that, I don't think anyone can take away jus soli. Births abroad are a different matter entirely, of course.

Really, really hate that man. Eating me up how much I hate him. Makes me feel dirty being American.
maga1.jpg

Not even skin color. This has been something the Right has wanted to do in the US since... what, before the Civil War? There was always a big push to not consider Irish Americans as American because of their ties to Catholicism. This only went away when the Protestant Majority became fearful of the Black/Native/Mexican/Asian population becoming more populous than the whites, which is when Irish folks suddenly became white.

My grandmother used to tell me stories of the shit she had to endure in the 1920's. I consider it an education most of Irish America needs before they start waving that Republican flag.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not even skin color. This has been something the Right has wanted to do in the US since... what, before the Civil War? There was always a big push to not consider Irish Americans as American because of their ties to Catholicism. This only went away when the Protestant Majority became fearful of the Black/Native/Mexican/Asian population becoming more populous than the whites, which is when Irish folks suddenly became white.

My grandmother used to tell me stories of the shit she had to endure in the 1920's. I consider it an education most of Irish America needs before they start waving that Republican flag.
This. The "But we DON'T WANT THE IRISH" joke in Blazing Saddles was about a real sentiment. It was also applied to most eastern europeans that would be called "white" today.

I'd be speechless if your Congress got its shit together long enough to pass any constitutional amendment, and it got ratified. Short of that, I don't think anyone can take away jus soli. Births abroad are a different matter entirely, of course.
They wouldn't have to pass anything, all they have to do is be too spineless to back the Constitution in a fight against the Executive branch.

This. The "But we DON'T WANT THE IRISH" joke in Blazing Saddles was about a real sentiment. It was also applied to most eastern europeans that would be called "white" today.
You should see what tone Fox News takes when talking about Irish Americans sometimes. Lots of dogwhistling to the white supremacist crowd these days.

They wouldn't have to pass anything, all they have to do is be too spineless to back the Constitution in a fight against the Executive branch.
I really can't picture how they'd get around the 14th Amendment without the SCOTUS slapping them down hard. However, there's a decent-looking law review essay on that very subject, which I'll read when I have time (tomorrow's lunch break?): Anchors Aweigh: Analyzing Birthright Citizenship as Declared (Not Established) by the Fourteenth Amendment

Hey, guys, remember in the original Trump thread my MIL was terrified of something like this happening after the hell she went through to get naturalized (not to mention living through the regime change in China), and some members told me I was being overly worried, that America was so welcoming that it would NEVER come to this?

Isn't that funny?

And by funny I mean horrifically terrifying.

What I hope and pray is people with the ability are jumping on this and finding a way for the courts to declare this unconstitutional. Because with the vague defintion of "lied" as presented in the article, this could put my family, many of our friends, and possibly Mr. Z's job directly in the line of fire.

Look on the bright side, at least if they have to go back to China there's plenty of ZTE jobs waiting there for them...
Post automatically merged:

It was also applied to most eastern europeans that would be called "white" today.

Yeah, well, i'm still requesting dem sweet reparations moneyz...

We already have so many government officials openly making decisions and enforcing policy in a manner blatantly contrary to what the populace has said it wants that it would not be surprising to see them stand idly by and/or stonewall any attempts to rein in the executive branch, or deliberately and repeatedly fail to come to consensus JUST to let some of these atrocities continue long enough that they can finally say, “Well it’s too late to do anything about it now.”
You know, like how a health insurer might fight a denial hoping the patient will die before a court case can complete?

—Patrick