Former President Trump Thread

If this asshole is 6'3" and 239, I'm a fucking 25 foot tall sexual tyrannosaur.

I was once 300 pounds. I am 6'3". This guy is 280-300 pounds, without question.

If this asshole is 6'3" and 239, I'm a fucking 25 foot tall sexual tyrannosaur.

I was once 300 pounds. I am 6'3". This guy is 280-300 pounds, without question.
Then you need to add his yuge ass to the figure. I'm 300 pounds with a similar gut and no ass.

It's clear that this is a perfectly crumulent medical report. The fact that he is 1 lb away from obesity is completely coincidental.

Meh. I doubt he'd be the first president to ensure his medical report wasn't unfavorable.

The sad thing to me is that this is so distracting to so many people.

We could literally fill the papers and webpages with more relevant - to everyone - political information, yet this is above the fold news and because it looks doctored it's creating a lot of hay for what is essentially irrelevant.

Meh. I doubt he'd be the first president to ensure his medical report wasn't unfavorable.

The sad thing to me is that this is so distracting to so many people.

We could literally fill the papers and webpages with more relevant - to everyone - political information, yet this is above the fold news and because it looks doctored it's creating a lot of hay for what is essentially irrelevant.
Just a page earlier people were wondering why his constant scandals never stick, only to froth after something completely pointless with the same anger and vitrol as they do the shit worth time.

Dave

Staff member
He probably thought it was something you eat with dip and when he heard it was going away he got scared. And hungry.

I am feeling crusty, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. This is exactly what Putin wants him to do, chaotically crash the USA.

I hope those complaining and assigning blame understand the issues they're all fighting over, and who's blocking who.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2018

It's a fight, and primarily it seems over immigration (DACA, in this case). Meanwhile the problem du jour two weeks ago (CHIP - children's healthcare) was resolved, and things are being hashed out. Slowly, angrily, sure, but public pressure works.

That they didn't simply do a continuing resolution and push it out again suggests that there are only a few issues holding the process up and chances are good it'll be resolved soon enough.

The last time (2013) was ~15 days, and was over the ACA.

This is one of the mechanisms (ie, game of chicken) that forces congress to not only act, but hash out compromises they otherwise have a hard time resolving.

The fact that the democrats have had to use the fillibuster should remind us all that it's a good tool to have - there were many, many democrats who wanted to be rid of it when the republicans were using it successfully during the Obama administration. I don't think the democrats are happy today that they gave the president more power to choose lower judiciary years ago, but everything is a double edged sword, and taking power from congress and placing it in the executive branch was a hallmark of congress during the Obama administration, moreso, I think, than preceding administrations.

If funding the government is more important to you than DACA or another unresolved conflict, then make sure your senators and representatives know. If DACA, etc is important enough to cause this delay, let them know. In other words, communicate. These fights happen because people want them to happen according to their priorities.

And if you believed Obama had a mandate to stick to his campaign promises, then you must similarly believe Trump has one, so fights like this were bound to happen.

And if you believed Obama had a mandate to stick to his campaign promises, then you must similarly believe Trump has one, so fights like this were bound to happen.
I have never cared about campaign promises and issues. They change. They change all the time. But what doesn't change is who you elect. Drop the issues, drop the party and just look at the person and vote for the person who you feel will best be able to represent you.

But what impact will this new candidate have on the current political landscape>?
Uh, his craggy exterior will be revealed to house a heart of iron, and though there will be friction with all the hot air surrounding him, his ability to move mountains will make waves and force the nation to finally rebuild Capitol Hill from the ground up.

--Patrick

Of course not, he's been going back and forth on this every time someone speaks up. I don't think he'll ever make a decision on what he really wants because he doesn't want anything except for his base to love him.