Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Personally, I don't want to see Trump killed.
I want to see him woken up to the consequences of his actions, watch him struggle to atone for them before his time runs out. I believe that would simultaneously inflict the maximum amount of combined schadenfreude and justice.

--Patrick
I'd settle for him being rendered a vegetable in a bizarre nosepicking accident.

I feel like Donald Trump being murdered/assassinated is one of those things that show up in history books right before some kind of war. The pushback that started in the last few weeks is a good sign, and we'll see if it continues into December, but I'd rather see society reject Trumpism on their own terms than incite our country into war, be it foreign or civil.
I mean, we have a legal process for this, and we're working on it. It is highly likely that Trump will be impeached, and as much as I hate Trump and all he represents, being legally impeached, removed from office, then prosecuted for his crimes is the best option. Assassination is quicker but the negatives obscenely outweigh the benefits.

The Republican Party did everything they could to defend a child molester. Unless the dems win 2/3rds of the senate in 2018, we're stuck with trump.

GasBandit

Staff member
So you actually don't that meant "I really hope this can just go away because god damn I want a republican to win?"
I'm not sure I'm able to parse your sentence (you actually don't that meant?), but the point is you said all republicans did everything they could to protect a child molester, when what actually happened was some of them gave him the benefit of the doubt longer than they perhaps should have.

That isn't remotely true.

I have to agree with GB here, blots. They may not have dumped mr Moore as fast and as completely as you would have liked, but you said they "did everything they could" to defend him. Even allowing some hyperbole, most of the Republican senators giving quotes like "he should step aside" or "if this is true he shouldn't come" is pretty far towards the other side.

And while I admit they're politically different, a statement with "if it's true,..." isn't technically wrong or bad in itself, nor a defense of the person.

Both "If the accsations are true that blotsfan is a Yankees fan, he deserves to die" and "if it is true that blotsfan is a Halforums member, he's awesome" are sensible statements. Heck, saying "even if all of this isn't true, he should still be punished" would be a real perversion of the law. The likelihood of it being true doesn't impact anything else.

Honestly, Dems don't even necessarily need 2/3s of the Senate. With the way things are going lately, with heavy red states losing ground not *just* to Dem candidates, but ones that are the opposite to everything the previous holder stood for, Republicans in Congress might actually start getting scared and take action. It's all about how long it takes for Trumpism to lose ground, and how many times they get shut down by colleagues who care about angry constituents. Remember that while Trump is an incompetent bully, his successors are going to be both more politically savvy, AND less likely to cause the pushback that Trump has been seeing.

I highly recommend it. I only recently added it back into my new post visibility. We will see if I can handle it again, or if I drive too many people too crazy again.