Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Batdan said:
I liked it.
Allow me to simulate the incoming reaction:
:facepalm: :explode: :finger: :devil: :puke:

This has been Cajungal's Emoticon puppet hour... er... second.

Seriously? I haven't seen it... chances are I will this weekend. And I just want to say that I don't begrudge someone having an outlet for the moments when they just want to dive into mindlessness. Everyone has them. Some people read stupid-ass books and magazines, some listen to the worst kind of music that will ever be made, some people watch stupid-ass television, and some people watch stupid-ass movies. Some do all of the above and never think of encouraging the creators who put real thought into what they do. Enjoy your crap, I say, but leave your mind opened for great things as well. And for those who don't... well, it's your loss.

This is what happens when there's money to be made in what is also an artistic medium. I'm not saying it doesn't anger me sometimes... just that dumb entertainment is always going to exist. Always. Always, always, always. ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS. It sounds like this movie is really bad, even for what it's trying to be. But that's been happening for God knows how long. And it will keep happening forever and ever and ever. AND EVER.

(I'm not trying to ignore the complaints about the racial stereotyped robots in the film--just addressing what is being said about how stupid and bad it is and what a crime it is that it's making money.)

Anyway that's probably already been said to some extent. Anyways.

I don't get why people are complaining about a flawed plot while referencing Idiocracy. That movie had a shitload of plottholes.

blotsfan said:
I don't get why people are complaining about a flawed plot while referencing Idiocracy. That movie had a shitload of plottholes.
Way to miss the point and be behind at least 10pages.

blotsfan said:
Ironically, that movie had the plot holes and voiceovers put in in post-production and editing because they didn't think people would "get" the movie.

They dumbed down a movie satirizing about the dumbing down of America.

BlackCrossCrusader said:
blotsfan said:
If this thread were an all out war, you would've just shot yourself.
I liked your pre-edit version.

C'mon people, more posts, more posts. We need to get this to the hall of fame, we've got too many in the hall of shame as it is. Balance is required for this forum. :)

Well, to hasten the end of the thread.

I just finished watching Idiocracy, and for those who used it as a rallying cry of the death of cinema via the Ass movie, I'm thinking you people didn't watch the movie.

Bad movies didn't cause more bad movies to be made, bad movies were caused because the film makes the assumption that intellegence is hereditary.

In the movie, it's not entertainment that made people stupid and mediocre, it was the entertainment that was made stupid and mediocre by the people.

So, yeah, that was a stupid argument to make to begin with.

Bowielee said:

I just finished watching Idiocracy, and for those who used it as a rallying cry of the death of cinema via the a** movie, I'm thinking you people didn't watch the movie.

Bad movies didn't cause more bad movies to be made, bad movies were caused because the film makes the assumption that intellegence is hereditary.

In the movie, it's not entertainment that made people stupid and mediocre, it was the entertainment that was made stupid and mediocre by the people.

Glad you finished this thread with such complete lack of "getting the point". :facepalm:

Sorry. This is kinda the vibe I've been getting.
Person A) I liked Transformers 2. It wasn't special, but it was a fun popcorn movie.
Person B) YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION! THE PLOT WAS FLAWED! HOW DARE YOU LIKE A MOVIE JUST BECAUSE IT IS FUN! THIS IS JUST LIKE IDIOCRACY! THANKS TO YOU, NO GOOD MOVIES WILL EVER COME OUT AGAIN!
When the movie that was referenced multiple times here had a very flawed plot as well.
Just saying.

Shegokigo said:
Bowielee said:

I just finished watching Idiocracy, and for those who used it as a rallying cry of the death of cinema via the a** movie, I'm thinking you people didn't watch the movie.

Glad you finished this thread with such complete lack of "getting the point". :facepalm:
You never really have points, just random bile and contrariness, so in conclusion...

SO'S YOUR FACE.

:slywink:

blotsfan said:
Sorry. This is kinda the vibe I've been getting.
Person A) I liked Transformers 2. It wasn't special, but it was a fun popcorn movie.
Person B) YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION! THE PLOT WAS FLAWED! HOW DARE YOU LIKE A MOVIE JUST BECAUSE IT IS FUN! THIS IS JUST LIKE IDIOCRACY! THANKS TO YOU, NO GOOD MOVIES WILL EVER COME OUT AGAIN!
When the movie that was referenced multiple times here had a very flawed plot as well.
Just saying.
See my "eating paste" reference about 6 pages back.

-- Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:28 pm --

Bowielee said:
You never really have points, just random bile and contrariness, so in conclusion...

SO'S YOUR FACE.

:slywink:
[attachment=0:26lfttri]oh_u.jpg[/attachment:26lfttri]
Funny, I don't have resort to insults/name calling to prove my points. Also not my fault they're easy to understand, yet still fail on certain people. :slywink:

BlackCrossCrusader said:
C'mon people, more posts, more posts. We need to get this to the hall of fame, we've got too many in the hall of shame as it is. Balance is required for this forum. :)
EDIT: For some reason the internet ate my reply, so I'll try again.

Yes, despite my complaints I have to admit this thread has been epic. I agree that it should go in the Hall of Fame. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't want to be a part of this crossfire going on in the orum, so I'll simply say this:

To the folks who hate Transformers 2, okay, you hate it. This doesn't mean that you'll lose good films. Films that show the beauty of what cinema can achieve will still be made. I mean, I enjoyed Transformers 2, but it is films like Star Trek and Up which will really stick with me after this summer is through.

To the folks who liked it, you like it. Glad you enjoyed it and nothing wrong with liking a popcorn film. There are better popcorn films out there, but this was not a complete abomination. So, enjoy it.

To all, can we please just put down the pitchforks and insulting emoticons? Let's bring peace back to the forums and find something to unite us once more.

filmfanatic said:
Yeah, I didn't want to be a part of this crossfire going on in the orum, so I'll simply say this:

To the folks who hate Transformers 2, okay, you hate it. This doesn't mean that you'll lose good films. Films that show the beauty of what cinema can achieve will still be made. I mean, I enjoyed Transformers 2, but it is films like Star Trek and Up which will really stick with me after this summer is through.

To the folks who liked it, you like it. Glad you enjoyed it and nothing wrong with liking a popcorn film. There are better popcorn films out there, but this was not a complete abomination. So, enjoy it.

To all, can we please just put down the pitchforks and insulting emoticons? Let's bring peace back to the forums and find something to unite us once more.
Has Buckley done anything particularly dastardly lately? That seems to bring people on this forum together.

Bowielee said:
filmfanatic said:

Has Buckley done anything particularly dastardly lately? That seems to bring people on this forum together.
We're all about hating on Kurtz now.

I really have to say, though, the past few days, the forum has really been aggressive (myself included).

Is it something in the water?

T

Twitch

Isn't the only way it wouldn't is it gets locked before 20 pages? Or doesn't reach 20 pages?

North_Ranger said:
It'll be a cold day in * when this thread gets to the Hall of Fame.
You cannot defy our will, you tyrant! (Ok, you probably could, since your power as moderator enables to to lock this thread)

However, keep in mind you will lose serious brownie points with me. SERIOUS BROWNIE POINTS. :humph:

Also, assasination may or may not be involved. :ninja:

Cajungal said:
What the... BlackCross, I don't like you in that way.
Ah, don't mind me, without my medicine I'm prone to fits of temporary insanity.*

*It's what the doctors told me to say whenever I land myself into trouble.

Cajungal

Staff member
I've compiled a list of topics that many can agree on:

It's funny when DarkAudit and Gasbandit argue!

Argh @ Buckley! Argh @ Kurtz!

Pictures of bacon dishes for some reason! OMGnom! :drool:

Dave is old! Hur hur!

Bowielee said:
I really have to say, though, the past few days, the forum has really been aggressive (myself included).

Is it something in the water?

I have no idea what you're talking about. *palms the vial and steps away from the well*

Twitch said:
Isn't the only way it wouldn't is it gets locked before 20 pages? Or doesn't reach 20 pages?
I think it goes into the "Hall of Meh" if it hits 20 without being considered "Hall of Fame"-worthy by the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.