[Gaming] Tragic the Garnering

Had a date on Tuesday that ended at my house, and he spent like an hour going through my magic cards. Apparently I have over $1,000 in cards from when I played in my college years... More if I'm willing to let go of cards with sentimental value (e.g. my full art Damnations). Oh, and the Vault Exiled set I got at my local store for like $20-30 is apparently like $200 now, since I never opened it.

I'll be making a spreadsheet soon. I'll remake and keep the decks important to me (mono-black goblins, elven druids, crab mill...) and unload nearly everything else I think.

Had a date on Tuesday that ended at my house, and he spent like an hour going through my magic cards. Apparently I have over $1,000 in cards from when I played in my college years... More if I'm willing to let go of cards with sentimental value (e.g. my full art Damnations). Oh, and the Vault Exiled set I got at my local store for like $20-30 is apparently like $200 now, since I never opened it.

I'll be making a spreadsheet soon. I'll remake and keep the decks important to me (mono-black goblins, elven druids, crab mill...) and unload nearly everything else I think.
But did you tap that?

I hate Aetherflux Reservoir. I hate that not playing it in the last deck I made is intentionally handicapping it and I hate that if I use it, I hate using it because it's boring. I hate that card.

I hate Aetherflux Reservoir. I hate that not playing it in the last deck I made is intentionally handicapping it and I hate that if I use it, I hate using it because it's boring. I hate that card.
I've found I don't hate it as much, at least not in commander. Usually at least one player on the board has a Krosan Grip

My current favourite deck is my Varchild monored deck. It's challenging but it forces everyone to attack constantly so it makes the games exciting and quick.

I mean, it is the culmination of Nicol Bolas' villain arc over like 10 blocks. On, the other hand, MY BOY DACK!

I was bummed that there was no Garruk in War of the Spark, and now I'm bummed that Dack's deeeeead.

So, Magic artist Randall Post, aka RK Post, artist of some iconic cards for example:

Has a website where he sells tons and tons of custom tokens.

www.rkpost.net

I've been slowly building a collection of them because they're fucking awesome and I love them. So notable favourites of mine:

I love these tokens and have a couple hundred of them now of dozens of varieties. I keep them sleeved up in a box for my Commander games. They're very high quality and always get remarks from the other players.

So, Magic artist Randall Post, aka RK Post, artist of some iconic cards for example:

Has a website where he sells tons and tons of custom tokens.

www.rkpost.net

I've been slowly building a collection of them because they're fucking awesome and I love them. So notable favourites of mine:

I love these tokens and have a couple hundred of them now of dozens of varieties. I keep them sleeved up in a box for my Commander games. They're very high quality and always get remarks from the other players.
I use his tokens too, I love his sand warrior tokens for my Hazezon Tamar deck.

The Monarch one gets the most use from me because I make sure there's a Monarchy card in every deck I make because it's one of my favourite mechanics.

This is literally the most perfect card flavourwise without flavour text. It's mechanics are fucking perfect. I'm in actual awe of the card design.

It's perfection.

[in case you need explaining, convoke allows you to tap creatures instead of regular mana producers to cast the card, basically, representing the dummies summoning this demon who then can devour them making himself a much stronger creature.]

I've been alternating between playing stupidly powerful cEDH decks and powerfully stupid casual EDH decks. I really love both

Iona and Paradox Engine are both EDH/Commander banned as fuuuuck now.

Urza was probably the last straw for Paradox Engine.

Iona makes sense, but paradox engine is a real head scratcher for me. It's actually a big deal in cEDH because it limits the amount of deck diversity. Engine was broken, but not more broken than half a dozen other combos in the format, and the removal of one just means fewer types of decks that can compete against the likes of flash hulk

Zappit

Staff member

Need to swap Iona out of my Lyra Dawnbringer deck. I’m not all that disappointed, since I rarely ever cast her.

Urza probably did directly cause the Paradox Engine ban. It’s a pretty obvious and abusive pairing. I’m glad they banned it, since it will save me some money now. :D

Iona makes sense, but paradox engine is a real head scratcher for me. It's actually a big deal in cEDH because it limits the amount of deck diversity. Engine was broken, but not more broken than half a dozen other combos in the format, and the removal of one just means fewer types of decks that can compete against the likes of flash hulk
They don't give a rat's piss about cEDH. They've said if they want to do their own thing they can but they don't take cEDH into consideration at all.

They don't give a rat's piss about cEDH. They've said if they want to do their own thing they can but they don't take cEDH into consideration at all.
Oh I know, but paradox engine usually isn't a problem in casual, and if you want to ban powerful combos from casual, there are far worse offenders.

They took a lot more input on these bans than they used to, but I don't think I would have banned it either.

Cyclonic Rift though, gone. Up to me, get out of the format.

It's NEVER used to win games, just prolong them into infinity.

I was challenged to create the most op edh deck I could, so I present to you: Oops All Win Conditions

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oops-all-win-conditions-1/?cb=1563337970

This is a food chain combo deck that utilizes the first sliver as a food chain outlet.

Once food chain is on the board, we can utilize a creature that can be cast from exile to generate infinite mana, sure it will always produce +1 mana that it costs to recast the creature we're exiling.

The caveat is that this infinite mana we now have can only be used to cast creature spells. That's where our Commander comes in.

Cascade means that when we cast him, we can then reveal cards from our library until we hit a spell and then cast that spell for free, so long as it costs less than our Commander (which is every spell in our deck). We can then exile the first sliver to food chain, return it to the command zone, and do it again, an infinite number of times, to be able to cast every spell in our library in any order we want, since the cast option is optional. And once we can cast whatever we want, well, then we just pick whatever win con we want. We can cast aetherflux reservoir, build up an absurd life total, and laser beam the entire board, or we can simply loop infinite castings of lightning bolt with noxious revival and memory's journey to lightning bolt everyone to death. Or we can exile our entire library with one of our forbidden tutors and play Jace or Lab Man, drawing a card on an empty library and winning that way.

Or, preferably, all of the above! Just call me Ron Pompeil because wait, there's more.

After another camping trip where everyone was playing Magic but my son, I bought three starter packs (one for each of us and one for my daughter). Let us begin....