[Announcement] To GasBandit from all of us...

GasBandit

Staff member
HAH. And yeah, I only check "new threads" maybe once a day or so, cause so much is going on in "unread watched threads" :p

Thanks much. I'll PM you the address to send it to.

One of my underlings did that. I gave her the Brother labelmaker and told her to label all the production boxes, and she stuck that one on my monitor.
At the factory where my wife worked in flocking, they labeled the electrostatic generator as the "Oscillation overthruster" because it was mandated that all machinery needed to have a unique name for ISO9000 compliance, and nobody knew what to call it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So one of my coworkers noticed it for the first time today, asks what it is, I explain it's a commission some friends of mine got from a comic artist of an evil ewok. Immediately, without even a moment's pause to think, she says "And that's you, right?"

:okay:

So one of my coworkers noticed it for the first time today, asks what it is, I explain it's a commission some friends of mine got from a comic artist of an evil ewok. Immediately, without even a moment's pause to think, she says "And that's you, right?"

:okay:
Don't make that face. You've worked hard to earn that reputation.

--Patrick

I seem to remember that the Ewok comparison came from Amy. Granted, I was sort of new to those boards so it might have started with someone else or as part of an incident I don't know about.

GasBandit

Staff member
I seem to remember that the Ewok comparison came from Amy. Granted, I was sort of new to those boards so it might have started with someone else or as part of an incident I don't know about.
That's exactly how it started. It was the first time I ever actually posted a real life picture of myself (meeting a band at work) and she started gushing about how cute I was, like an ewok.

See, Patr, the image I'd spent so much time and effort carefully building up in everyone's mind, up until that point, was something between the Golgothan Shit Demon and Fat Bastard from Austin Powers.

Then Calleja got his claws into the ewok thing and ran with it, as was his wont, and it's never gone away ever since. Every time I'd make a particularly acrimonious or venomous post, somebody'd just quote it, slap on a picture of Wicket, and comment yub yub.

GasBandit

Staff member
This was the picture in question that got the whole mess started.

The band, incidentally, is Burden Brothers, the side project of the lead singer of the Toadies when he wasn't the lead singer of the Toadies for a while.

... I do miss that shirt, though.

I do miss that shirt, though.
Yes, I remember you going on about the shirt.
And for the longest time the image I had of you wasn't anything quite so vulgar, it was something more akin to Agent Smith, only with mirrored "cop-style" aviators rather than the Blindes you see in the film.

--Patrick