This is America

figmentPez

Staff member
This is America. Back to School Edition.
There are licensed kid themed products, too. (Not quite bootleg, since they use officially licensed fabrics, though they weren't licensed for this use.)
Harry Potter bullet resistant insert.jpg

Yeah, that's a Harry Potter themed bullet-resistant insert for backpacks. Also comes in MLB theme, though the Marvel Comics themed one doesn't seem to be currently available...
Marvel comics themed bullet resistant backpack insert.jpg

EDIT: Not available because they were never officially licensed. Disney Seeks to Shut Down Avenger and Princess-Themed Bulletproof Backpacks

“None of these products were authorized by Disney, and we are demanding that those behind this stop using our characters or our other intellectual property to promote sales of their merchandise,” a spokesperson for Disney says in a statement.

“These are not official Harry Potter products, and are in no way endorsed, licensed or in any other way supported, directly or indirectly, by Warner Bros.," a spokesperson for the studio said.

No word on if the MLB is okay with this.

Last edited:
I just can't even.
Elder, a conservative black man, is a treasure trove of remarkable opinions. This weekend, interest alighted on his suggestion that slave owners should have gotten paid for their property.
This is nowhere near the first time he's made this suggestion, either.

--Patrick

So I got the following email recently. I've removed all the hyperlinks, because don't nobody need to be clicking on any of them.
Subj: Attention: The US is Facing The BIGGEST Threat Of The Century
If you don't own a gas mask already, consider getting one.
Why?
Because according to this report, an event is about to take place that could impact you and everyone you know.
This is something the mainstream media has been purposely ignoring.
They're trying to keep us in the dark because they don't want to incite widespread hysteria.
However, several sources, including the U.S. Congressional Advisory Board, have stated:
This is a nationwide Code Red-level event that could wipe out 9 out of every 10 people, while leaving the rest of the population in ruins.
What's worse, senior scientist Dr. Michael Frankel predicts it could happen at any moment.
Possibly within the next 48 hours.
If you or your loved ones don't own a gas mask, or the 4 essential items listed on this page, I suggest you watch this presentation, make a list of these items, then drive down to your local hardware store to pick them up.
Time is of the essence.
This event could unfold in 48 hours or less.
It's dated Feb 3rd, so for all I know it's already happened and I was unconscious or something. Maybe it had something to do with why we got an extra day this month? No idea.

--Patrick