This girl 2. Not illustrated this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly Bubble...Spanish Jelly speaks spanish.
It would be crooked spanish! ;)
SO much spanish...ii think i found my new fave word.

First off, I don't necessarily think the excuse was false.
Might not have been false but I don't think it's the reason she canceled. I say this because if you really want to do something it gets done. It might not be perfect you might only be able to see the movie on DVD or go alone or your friend's birthday party might be nothing more than you and him with a case of beer and a large pizza instead of a big party but it gets done. If something isn't improtant to you, calling your mother every week, putting your shoes in the right place without getting told it was never very important to you.

I can't say the particulars but since Silver didn't say that she had rescheduled the date or agreed to a less time intensive date it says to me that she used the family emergency as an excuse to get out of the date.

Secondly, the reason you got in the problem listed was because you didn't follow the advice in the previous thread. Bad Jelly! :-P
Which is a real shame since there was some great advice in that thread. Predators and Scavengers was an amazing methaphor.

Thirdly, suddenly telling her you don't want any contact any more or becoming "curt but polite" can be taken as an insult, or as you being mad at her, or whatever. It may still be better to tell her. "I think we need to get some distance between us and I can't hang out with you as often anymore, because I'm attracted to you in a way you aren't to me" may sound lame (and is crooked english :-p), but it's still plausible, a Good Thing to do, and honest with both yourself and her.
I'm with you. Suddenly cutting off the friendship is just going to confuse and muddy the issue. Being indecisive and not talking to her honestly and openly was what got you to this point Silver so you can't really go wrong with a different tack. Dealing with women openly and honestly has never steered me wrong with women. It's only when I tried to lie and hide things from women did I get really bad results.

Necronic

Staff member
Don't worry too much about hurting her feelings, IF it makes you feel better in the end. Altruism has its places, but in this situation just do whatever makes you feel better in the long run. If that means cutting off ties, whatever, it puts you in a better place. Going back to the post I made before, you and you alone are responsible for your happiness, and the same can be said of her.

But remember, the LONG RUN is an important word there. Being a dick to her may make you feel better temporarilly, but you will regret it later. On the other hand, if you just get a little distance, then who cares. Just stop calling her/texting her/whatever. Make her come to you. If she does then deal with that when it comes. Maybe you could hang out, maybe not. Also, go to a strip club every once in a while. Always helps me. Not really sure where that ties in, but its a solution for damned near everything, up to and including bot flies.

Knowing when you have lost, and accepting it, is a big part of becoming a better person. Refusing to accept defeat can be good, but being in denial about it isn't.

C

Chibibar

Don't worry too much about hurting her feelings, IF it makes you feel better in the end. Altruism has its places, but in this situation just do whatever makes you feel better in the long run. If that means cutting off ties, whatever, it puts you in a better place. Going back to the post I made before, you and you alone are responsible for your happiness, and the same can be said of her.

But remember, the LONG RUN is an important word there. Being a dick to her may make you feel better temporarilly, but you will regret it later. On the other hand, if you just get a little distance, then who cares. Just stop calling her/texting her/whatever. Make her come to you. If she does then deal with that when it comes. Maybe you could hang out, maybe not. Also, go to a strip club every once in a while. Always helps me. Not really sure where that ties in, but its a solution for damned near everything, up to and including bot flies.

Knowing when you have lost, and accepting it, is a big part of becoming a better person. Refusing to accept defeat can be good, but being in denial about it isn't.
Yay Strip clubs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.