AMA/Journey

Now that we've gone this far I just want to say that SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy has ruined me. The first time I saw this thread I giggled (mostly because I'm a terrible person).
It happened to me too. I got onto Halforums and did a double take before realizing it was my own thread. :facepalm:

People giving me reactions and sass :p just before my next big thing. Sheesh.

Anyway, got my blood work results, filled the prescription. Got a little shit from the pharmacy technicians, which was not professional, so to hell with them.

Just took the first one.

People giving me reactions and sass :p just before my next big thing. Sheesh.

Anyway, got my blood work results, filled the prescription. Got a little shit from the pharmacy technicians, which was not professional, so to hell with them.

Just took the first one.
We sass because we love.

And fuck those techs.

We sass because we love.

And fuck those techs.
Julie has been wanting me to stop going there because they screw up my inhaler every time. Yesterday was the first time they didn't screw it up. It's just in such a convenient location, down the road from work, that I put up with it. But if they're going to possibly withhold medication in the future, I'm out.

In the spirit of how this thread began, I should've given them a piece of my mind after receiving the meds. I still would've been polite about it.
They're just lucky Julie wasn't there. She takes shit from no one anyway, but when someone she loves has been wronged even slightly? She goes off the chain. It would've been worse than when I told her in the car later.
"How is that ANY of their FUCKING BUSINESS?!"
I love her so much :D.

@Bubble181

E is a way to refer to female hormones on the sly. T for males. So a trans woman will go on E, and a trans man will go on T.

Julie has been wanting me to stop going there because they screw up my inhaler every time. Yesterday was the first time they didn't screw it up. It's just in such a convenient location, down the road from work, that I put up with it. But if they're going to possibly withhold medication in the future, I'm out.

In the spirit of how this thread began, I should've given them a piece of my mind after receiving the meds. I still would've been polite about it.
They're just lucky Julie wasn't there. She takes shit from no one anyway, but when someone she loves has been wronged even slightly? She goes off the chain. It would've been worse than when I told her in the car later.
"How is that ANY of their FUCKING BUSINESS?!"
I love her so much :D.

@Bubble181

E is a way to refer to female hormones on the sly. T for males. So a trans woman will go on E, and a trans man will go on T.
I figured it had something to do with that, but wasn't sure if it was started taking/got approval to start going on/etc.

Good luck!

Yep. Was going to dovetail on @Ravenpoe to make an “Estancia” joke, but turns out they don’t actually make a rosé.

You just keep on being you. Other people will either adjust or else they will distance themselves, either way it’s win-win.

—Patrick

Today was my appointment to see how things are going. The pharmacy that was being rude to me? They were putting me at half dosage.

So now I'll increase to where I was supposed to be and move up to where I should be now in six to eight weeks. -_-

Today was my appointment to see how things are going. The pharmacy that was being rude to me? They were putting me at half dosage.

So now I'll increase to where I was supposed to be and move up to where I should be now in six to eight weeks. -_-
I hope you took your business elsewhere.

Dave

Staff member
Absolutely take your business elsewhere, unless they can give you a valid reason like harmful drug interactions or the like. But if it's because they are against your wanting to be who you are, fuck them. Take the few minutes and drive somewhere else.

I hope you took your business elsewhere.
Absolutely take your business elsewhere, unless they can give you a valid reason like harmful drug interactions or the like. But if it's because they are against your wanting to be who you are, fuck them. Take the few minutes and drive somewhere else.
It seems it was just negligence, neither beneficial nor malicious. But we're going to Julie's pharmacy now.

It seems it was just negligence, neither beneficial nor malicious. But we're going to Julie's pharmacy now.
Yeah...that's not any better. If they're incompetent enough to be filling out medication at the wrong dosage that is not a pharmacy you want to be going to.

I was going to suggest it might’ve just been negligence, since this stuff really IS still new to most people.

That said, prescriptions are incredibly explicit things, so yah shouldn’t have messed it up.

—Patrick

Yeah...that's not any better. If they're incompetent enough to be filling out medication at the wrong dosage that is not a pharmacy you want to be going to.
Exactly! What if they screw up my inhaler next time? This isn't an oopsie-doodle social media error message kind of mistake. I know pharmacy techs are busy, but even in doctor handwriting, a 1 and a 2 are distinguishable.

I should add to this thread in a way that isn't venting :).

We went to drop off my new scrip at Julie's pharmacy. They were much better about things. Not even just with me, but she had a refill for one of her meds and a new scrip, so they said they'd put a hold on it so she could make full use of the previous set of refills first. My pharmacy would've just returned the scrip -_-. So this will be a better move overall.

I've been on E for a month and a half and the changes internally have been a big deal for me. Apparently I had pretty low testosterone levels even before I started. It feels like my brain is being fed something I didn't know I was starved of. Emotions have been more complex, though it's hard to explain. I'm picking up a lot more than I used to, but not understanding all of it immediately. Julie and I have had more bickering, but the resolution is better than it used to be.

I'm hungrier though. I don't know if that's a side effect of the increased dosage or just coincidence. :/

I'm hungrier though. I don't know if that's a side effect of the increased dosage or just coincidence. :/
Most likely it’s your body requisitioning fuel and materials for the physical changes. Cut back on your caloric intake (i.e., carbs/sugars) and you might even lose a few pounds (or have them relocate somewhere more appropriate), just like puberty all over again. I mean, don’t starve yourself (that would be bad!), but you get somewhat of a second chance to significantly affect your physique, if you’re willing to do something about it.

—Patrick

I don't know what your body type currently is, but women also need to carry more body fat than men.

Most likely it’s your body requisitioning fuel and materials for the physical changes. Cut back on your caloric intake (i.e., carbs/sugars) and you might even lose a few pounds (or have them relocate somewhere more appropriate), just like puberty all over again. I mean, don’t starve yourself (that would be bad!), but you get somewhat of a second chance to significantly affect your physique, if you’re willing to do something about it.

—Patrick
Well, I did that before I started so I'm down 30 pounds :p. That was a personal prerequisite to starting hormones losing weight/getting in shape were going to be slow processes, like HRT. I'm in better shape than I've been my whole life, mentally and physically.

I don't know what your body type currently is, but women also need to carry more body fat than men.
Hmm, good point. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake, but fat is fine as long as its within my calorie limit.