[Webcomic] The "What the hell has happened to Sinfest" thread!

Ok I tried going back to read some of the latest sinfest and I can't even tell wtf is going on.
Preaching to the preacher, it seems the more idiotic Tats' politics get, the more confusing the comic's lore gets. It just sucks because his art is REALLY good but the writing keeps getting worse.

So, I was bored. And I made the mistake of going to visit Sinfest, see what became of it.

The current storyline starts at about https://sinfest.xyz/view.php?date=2022-04-07 (it's number 9 but the first 8 aren't really connected all that much).

Public school = woke training center
Teachers are reptilian overlords, children are brainwashed to accept it.
Covid is fake, war in Ukraine is fake and just a distraction.
Vax zombies are now war zombies, sheeple following the narrative.
Trans women are creeps abusing girls.
Woke people are weak slaves of the government who can't stand up for themselves and need pampering.
LGBTQIA2S+ people are indoctrinating our children against the USA.
Trans people don't exist, and children need to be protected from such crazy
Anyone who wears a mask is a sheep

...I...I remember when this was a fun little comic about boys having a crush on girls and the Devil helping Slick get laid. I remember when it became a super-sexist-hyper-feminist anti-male thing. Then it became a TERF playground where only Real Natural Born Women were Good.

It's amazing seeing illustrated this clearly how some people really slide into a mental space they can't crawl out of. I mean, it's a similar thing with some Trumpists who lose sight of reality, and where you see formerly smart people completely fall into conspiracy theory madness, just on the other side...But it's rarely so....so visible?

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, Tatsuya went off the deep end many years ago, as this thread documents. First he took a hard left then a MUCH harder right. The rumor is he was trying to impress a very leftist-minded girl he had a crush on, but she told him to buzz off and now he's ultra-reactionary. It's such a shame. Yeah, it was a fun little comic 10 or 15 years ago, but oof.

Someone posted one of the public school lizardmarm comics in another Discord server I’m part of. And until reading this thread update, I didn’t realize it was Sinfest, I just assumed it was some right-wing political cartoon. Which, in a way, I suppose it is, now.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
This is stupid on so many levels:

Sinfest 2023-09-14.jpg

Partly for the ham-fisted anti-environmetal message, but mainly because Starscream is a Decepticon and hates humans!

Choosing an Autobot would not only have been more fitting for a hero, but also fit better thematically with the message. A semi-truck or a consumer vehicle are far more likely to be targeted with some imaginary "carbon limit" than a military jet.

God damn fake nerd boys.

Once every eighteen months or so I go to their website, and I'm.... I dunno. Amazed isn't the word I'm looking for, I guess? Something.

Yeesh. I used to really enjoy Sinfest. Even when he was leaning hard left for a while, I figured he was going off the zeal of the newly converted and he'd calm down after a while. But he really kept on going until he got to hard right.

When is he going to become "Weird, but going to therapy guy"? Because that has been a long time coming.

(I keep forgetting Sinfest exists until this thread updates.)

Yeesh. I used to really enjoy Sinfest. Even when he was leaning hard left for a while, I figured he was going off the zeal of the newly converted and he'd calm down after a while. But he really kept on going until he got to hard right.
He keeps himself isolated, and isolation combined with being perpetually online is a pipeline right into the alt-right and generic brain rot.