[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

Remember when I posted Bow of the North Star that hinted a Jojo / McCree sequel? Well...

Also editing this post to again say that it irks me his revolver shows only a 5 shot capacity at the end of the video.

The current "Year of the Dog" promotion DOES include all of last year's Rooster stuff, if you were missing some you wanted to unlock. It has all been reclassified under a "Lunar" tag instead of the "Rooster" one it used to have.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Extremely lucky with my ceremonial box purchase this event. Out of 50 boxes, I not only got 5 out of the 6 new legendaries, but I got 6 regular legendaries too.

He’s best when he has four pocket healers.
For those who weren't there, we had a major struggle dealing with an enemy team composed of a Hanzo supported by a Mercy, Brigitte, Ana, Lucio, Moira, and Zenyatta (one of the healers switched off). Brigitte tanked, Lucio booped, Mercy rezzed whichever one we'd finally manage to kill, and Hanzo was there to gift us all with his ult about 7 times during the match. We finally pulled it off, but it was an actual struggle.

It reminded me of that 5xAna 1xRein meme where the Rein player says in chat, "If I die, I'm reporting all of you."

--Patrick

He’s best when he has four pocket healers.
Found out the science behind that today.
Seems Hanzo's rapid-fire arrow can put out 1000 damage overall. That's the same as a D.Va bomb. And he can do it every 8 seconds. That puts his DPS potential (assuming he keeps firing while on cooldown) higher even than a 100% charge Zarya, and quite close to a maxxed Symmetra, except that Hanzo doesn't have the downside of needing to reload.

...so that's why they're nerfing him. Again. Right after they nerfed him last month.

--Patrick

Found out the science behind that today.
Seems Hanzo's rapid-fire arrow can put out 1000 damage overall. That's the same as a D.Va bomb. And he can do it every 8 seconds. That puts his DPS potential (assuming he keeps firing while on cooldown) higher even than a 100% charge Zarya, and quite close to a maxxed Symmetra, except that Hanzo doesn't have the downside of needing to reload.
Isn't it 480 damage? 80 per arrow, and 6 arrows (shot over a minimum of 1.5s). Unless you're assuming he's putting out 6/6 headshots (960) or you're including damage boosts from Orisa/Ana/Mercy.

Isn't it 480 damage? 80 per arrow, and 6 arrows (shot over a minimum of 1.5s). Unless you're assuming he's putting out 6/6 headshots (960) or you're including damage boosts from Orisa/Ana/Mercy.
Yes, the assumption is that they're all headshots (because Plat Hanzos all know how to headshot) and what it's doing to the comp meta.

--Patrick

I'm kinda glad playing this isn't fun for me anymore.
Oh, there's still fun to be had. Just mute your chat audio and stay in bronze, and it's still quite entertaining for the casual player to log in, get some picks, earn a few lootboxes, etc., and then drop back out again until the following week.

--Patrick

Had finally convinced myself to buy the Mercy skin.
But then played Diablo last night and forgot.
OWell, guess I’m $15 richer less poor.

—Patrick

Last edited:
FYI for those not playing but considering coming back, if you log in during the event you get a free legendary loot box which 100% gives you an event legendary, plus if you buy the fifty boxes in the store it gives you another extra legendary loot box.

Following my normal purchase of a fifty pack during events, I got nearly all the new legendaries and epics. The only one that has eluded me is the new Pirate skin for Junkrat.

Last edited:
Last night was pretty horrid, did Mystery Heroes as usual and just kept getting destroyed. I swear one game I looked at my team and we were all bronze borders, while the other side had two gold and three silver. I know the border has more to do with just time played rather then skill, but come on, someone that has played that many games likely is pretty good I would hope.

Anyways, after a 9 or so loss streak when I only needed one more win for my next arcade loot box, I finally got put with a good team and we barely won the final section of King's Row on defense. Was a hard fought fight. I left to open my box and it gave me a double legendary including the pirate junkrat skin, which was the only anniversary skin I was missing.

I guess I can forgive you, Overwatch, for now....

I've been there, man. I only need one more win to finish my nine, but we somehow manage to lose with only 12 seconds remaining or something similar, and you just wanna start yelling at your so-called teammates.

--Patrick

So this week I have been playing a bit more "No Limits", and I am starting to see more of the wisdom in the old Quick Play change so that you couldn't stack multiple heroes.

Pretty much every game, it came down to "Who can stack the most Moira's?".

It was something I noticed after one team I joined decided to just six stack Moira, and we ended up utterly steamrolling the defenders not matter what comp they attempted. Every game since then, usually if one side is getting destroyed, I will see that side switch to a 2-4 Moira stack and totally turn the game around with ease. I decided to test it myself by always switching to Moira either in the last few minutes of attack, or at Point B on defense, and so far if at least one other player joins me in switching to Moira and the other team does not stack even more Moiras to counteract it, we get a win.

I mean it makes sense. She has extremely high healing potential so a bunch of them together can out-heal most damage unless it's a 1-shot kill. The damage orbs when spammed around a room add some insane damage, and the few times a Moira gets caught alone or in a ult (Like Dva Bomb) you can just phase shift out of danger, keeping the enemy off balance. Then once a few of you have ult, you just all use them at once and basically melt the other team. Utter madness.

In the old days, it was 6xD.Va (or more often 5xD.Va + Lucio, especially on Nepal) constantly shoving people off the point and chaining her ult. I’m not surprised at this. Some “weaker” heroes completely change their dynamic when you can stack them (Try a 6v6 all-Lucio payload match sometime, they’re nuts!), and Moira is a prime example.

Moira bugs me, too, but for 2 completely different reasons.
1) Did you know her heal causes damage? It does. Try “healing” the games in the arcade in Hanamura, you’ll see what I mean.
2) Her run is all wrong. I know she gets criticized for her “Weeb” running style, but just look at her 3rd person, running like a swept-wing aircraft, hands trailing out behind her like steamers. BUT then run with her in 1st person, and her hands are still up in front of you where you can see them. So which is it, Blizzard? Huh?

Oh, and the counter to 6xMoira is 6xAna, but yeah, it’s no fun.

—Patrick