[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

While I'm still liking the 4th and final season of "Star Vs the forces of Evil", I'd be lying if I said it was perfect. After reading the StarVS spellbook and the VASTLY interesting lore surrounding this series, I feel the show as a whole could've focused on it more, and focused less on the cyclical romantic sub-plots of the series. Remember when folks thought Adventure Time was getting to romance-drama heavy? HA-we didn't know how good we HAD IT!

I haven't yelled "OH COME ON" at a TV show since we stopped watching The Walking Dead, but She-Ra season 2 being only seven episodes and with that cliffhanger and not getting to all the stuff they've been hinting at through the season is criminal.

Arrest Netflix!

Big Hero 6 the series CONTINUES to be the greatest Marvel cartoon out right now(shut ya face, it counts) and Ducktales...does...something...that I'm not even going to spoiler tag because it was amazing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As we surmised from the preview, it was rather predictable and formulaic. Animation quality varies from scene to scene. Overall... eh, it was alright. 9 year old me would have absolutely shit himself, though.

It really really REALLY was-
-and it HAS to be a backdoor Darkwing Duck pilot, Della mentioned being "replaced as pilot" before, which MAKES me think she might become the new Launchpad of the show if Launchpad moves to St.Canard with Drake.

It really really REALLY was-
-and it HAS to be a backdoor Darkwing Duck pilot, Della mentioned being "replaced as pilot" before, which MAKES me think she might become the new Launchpad of the show if Launchpad moves to St.Canard with Drake.
Launchpad was much more actiony in this too then he ever was before. Like, he actually judo threw Drake and took some swings at him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of them at least, if not a whole show. And kudos for bringing back the original voice actor for Darkwing!

Launchpad was much more actiony in this too then he ever was before. Like, he actually judo threw Drake and took some swings at him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of them at least, if not a whole show. And kudos for bringing back the original voice actor for Darkwing!
As well as original voice of Negaduck(weirdly playing both roles in the same episode), only in this series he's less like a Bizarro like the original series and more like a weird Reverse Flash/Jay Garrick mix and I LOVE IT! I'm honestly expecting a movie-pilot from this, cause Scrooge's line "There will NEVER be a Darkwing Duck move" felt like some POOOOOOOOOOOSSIBLE foreshadowing![/quote]

I haven't seen past the first episode of the new DuckTales and don't want spoilers but really want to watch this new episode. Will I inadvertently learn anything about the past or the mom or anything like that or can I watch it as isolated?

I haven't seen past the first episode of the new DuckTales and don't want spoilers but really want to watch this new episode. Will I inadvertently learn anything about the past or the mom or anything like that or can I watch it as isolated?
No mom stuff. This is Launchpad and Dewey focused, though Scrooge shows up too.

Tuca and Bertie

Bojack Horseman meets Regular Show. (Created by Lisa Hanawalt, who also worked on Bojack Horseman).

Wacky humour with crazy gags and adult humour with some heavy stuff under the surface. Especially episode 9.

Worth a watch

Tuca and Bertie

Bojack Horseman meets Regular Show. (Created by Lisa Hanawalt, who also worked on Bojack Horseman).

Wacky humour with crazy gags and adult humour with some heavy stuff under the surface. Especially episode 9.

Worth a watch
Doesn't it actually take place in the Bojack world?

figmentPez

Staff member
Doesn't it actually take place in the Bojack world?
No, I'd say definitively not. Tuca and Bertie is further away from our world than BoJack is. There are lakes make of jelly with peanut butter islands. Subways trains are living creatures. There's a lot more strangeness than just having animal-people.

Justice League Vs the Fatal Five

On the ONE hand its a really long TV-14 Justice League episode-BUT-a good really long TV-14 Justice League episode, PLUS it does my favorite Green Lantern Jessica Cruz's origin real justice.

GasBandit

Staff member
So glad I pirate TV shows instead of watching them live. I thought there was an abnormal amount of "fade to black" moments for commercial breaks in last night's Archer premiere... and I was right. It was only 18 minutes. I guess FX decided that they needed 12 minutes of commercials instead of the usual 7. Bet that was infuriating to watch on real TV.

As for the show itself.... eh... seems like it could be ok, but I got bored of season 9 and stopped watching after 5 or so episodes... we'll see if this one works out the same.

Are they finally putting this intro production? They did shorts for this a few years back.

Now that I think of it, we're seeing a lot of the stuff from a few years back: Victor and Valentino, Infinity Train... I think 12 Forever is getting something too?

Are they finally putting this intro production? They did shorts for this a few years back.

Now that I think of it, we're seeing a lot of the stuff from a few years back: Victor and Valentino, Infinity Train... I think 12 Forever is getting something too?
12 Forever got Netflixed and is coming out either this year or the next, though probably only one season given the rumors I've heard about a toxic work environment (don't quote me on that, as I've said rumors).