[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Its got a nice Recess meets Clarence done right vibe and I like it, only if Jeff were the main character-WHICH-at least to me, would've made Clarence WAY more better.
There's definetely a bit of Hey Arnold in here too, because of the focus on the families of the main characters.

If I had to choose between J.P. and Clarence, I'd choose J.P. every time.

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

They have an hour and half thing of this up on Disney GO. While I enjoyed the movie, I STILL have no idea what is going on here... there's no White Spider in this, which makes me think that Marvel: Initiation was just the pilot for a show that I'm still unsure of is happening or what, but the character dynamics make me think this is a prequel movie to the series if it actually happens? I really wish Disney made it clear what exactly was going on.

If it happens, good. This is a good and unique team that could be fun to watch.

The Venture Brothers: The Saphrax Protocol (Season Finale) (They got it up on Adultswim.com, for early viewing)

This might be my favorite episode of the series, and they've confirmed another season. But it does feel like things are finally winding down.

Called it. Hank's totally going to try and become a Super Hero.

WOO-that was a wild ride!

Monarch and 21 proving their loyalty to each other, confirmation on the mom's name, Monarch learning he and Rusty are related, Hank striking out on his own, Brock being Brock-ALL glorious!

Last edited:
WOO-that was a wild ride!

Monarch and 21 proving their loyalty to each other, confirmation on the mom's name, Monarch learning he and Rusty are related, Hank striking out on his own, Brock being Brock-ALL glorious!
6-12, we're going to find out that Monarch is the older sibling and thus the rightful heir to all Venture property.

OK KO: Lets Be Heroes! : Crossover Nexus

This was a cool throwback to both current and old shows from Cartoon Network, but I have one HUGE question: How the hell did Cartoon Network get the rights to depict characters from Symbionic Titan and Megas XLR? They wrote off those shows for tax reasons, they don't own the rights to them anymore. In fact, no one is really sure who DOES own the rights to them; Genndy Tartavsky WANTS the rights for Symbionic Titan so he can redo it his way but Cartoon Network's response has always been "We don't own it anymore".

I'ma just say it, I REALLY like the Ben 10 reboot, it feels like the spiritual successor to the OG series Omniverse tried to be, without the thirty billion plot holes. Also hopefully they'll give Charmcaster a REAL redemption arc, and not that nonsense that happened in Omniverse.

Ducktales Season 2

People have been saying this'll be Louie's season and judging from the ep I can't blame, can not WAIT for more-WOO-OO!

As for other things, I'm VERILY enjoying "Rise of the TMNT", and just rewatched the first two eps of Ben 10 Alien Force for a review I'm writing and....wow that was disturbingly bad for a Dwayne McDuffie story.

No, I'm 100% sure it's going to be "The show isn't as good as you remember it was" and "This is what kids want to see now, as evidenced by the fact that the movie made money". Just a total shitting on of the fans, as per usual from the TTG staff.

That's probably what we're gonna get, but I'm with Gasbandit hoping it'll be a Turtles Forever type deal where they have to work together. ALSO-high bet that TTG Robin tries to steal TT Robin's life as any LONG time watcher of Teen Titans Go will tell ya, Robin has a miserable miserable MISERABLE life, because by the law of DC comics Dick Grayson isn't allowed to keep true love.

No, I'm 100% sure it's going to be "The show isn't as good as you remember it was" and "This is what kids want to see now, as evidenced by the fact that the movie made money". Just a total shitting on of the fans, as per usual from the TTG staff.
I disagree. TTG tends to be very self-deprecating, and has more than once joked about their lack of quality and seriousness compared to the original run of TT. I think Yoshi's guess is probably closer to the actual plot. I've seen a lot of TTG this point, and to me it seems less about shitting on fans of the earlier shows, and more about "Remember when we were superheroes? ...Yeah, this ain't it.".

That's probably what we're gonna get, but I'm with Gasbandit hoping it'll be a Turtles Forever type deal where they have to work together. ALSO-high bet that TTG Robin tries to steal TT Robin's life as any LONG time watcher of Teen Titans Go will tell ya, Robin has a miserable miserable MISERABLE life, because by the law of DC comics Dick Grayson isn't allowed to keep true love.
That's Rick fella.

Ducktales

I think the most amusing thing I find about this show is the fact that Launchpad seemingly has grander adventures on his own than Scrooge and the kids, but just never talks about them.

Castlevania was pretty good but fuck, coulda used a bit more adventuring and less hanging out in Trevor's basement. This whole season was basically the vampire melodrama show with some asides as the heroes read some books.

Not a big fan of Alucard basically taking the entire fight with Dracula by himself with very minimal help from Sypha and Trevor. Did not need a Belmont to kill Dracula in this version of the story.

The whole thing was very awkwardly paced, just like the first season in that the episodes did not follow any real act structure and could end at any point. Felt like the credits could roll in the middle of a conversation sometimes. The writing was the most Warren Ellis thing Warren Ellis has ever written.

The fights are really well choreographed and the key frames are fucking gorgeous, just wish there was more budget to fill in the inbetweens more. The fights end up really choppy feeling pretty often because of this.

Loved the mixing in some of the other characters from different games (particularly Carmilla).

And finally, it's the Vampire Killer not the Morningstar and I will personally fist fight anyone who says otherwise.

Double finally, Vampire Killer > Bloody Tears. Come at me.

Last edited: