[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Marketing constantly and marketing horribly can go hand in hand, especially if the show was attached to 2 apps that the network abandoned BOTH of which could get more tedious than fun. Season one could get way too fast paced but it at least had a spark of LIFE-but season 2 while it has some fun moments has an heir of "Well we're cancelled ,let's just do whatevs".

I never heard about it until our son stumbled over it and we all ended up watching something like a dozen episodes in a row. It's hilarious in its ridiculousness and genre smashing.

--Patrick

Yeah, one of the bigger problems of CN as a network over the past 5 years or so is that it sometimes feels like it's doing series out of agreement instead of belief that kids will like it. Half the time these shows get bounced to Boomerang, which not everyone gets...

Yeah, one of the bigger problems of CN as a network over the past 5 years or so is that it sometimes feels like it's doing series out of agreement instead of belief that kids will like it. Half the time these shows get bounced to Boomerang, which not everyone gets...
Either that or new eps get almost no advertisement for new eps, like Regular Show's finale.

GasBandit

Staff member
Venture Bros S7E04

Ok, kind of a step back and breather after three straight episodes of "HOLY SHIT" tier stuff. Are we still doing the "favorite Venture son" thing from season 4? And a love triangle? Really?? Well, I guess they can't all be wham episodes, even if it was starting to look like they were gonna be.

Venture Bros S7E04

Ok, kind of a step back and breather after three straight episodes of "HOLY SHIT" tier stuff. Are we still doing the "favorite Venture son" thing from season 4? And a love triangle? Really?? Well, I guess they can't all be wham episodes, even if it was starting to look like they were gonna be.
Hank's problem is that, like most 18+ rich kids, he has no idea what to do with his life and, unlike his brother, isn't smart enough for college where he could buy another 4 years to figure it out. He was the perfect Boy Adventurer and now he's too old to do it, just like his Dad, and that's really something Rusty should be talking to him about because it's sort of where they could best bond.

Personally? I think Hank would make it great in the OSI/Costume game. Yes, it's a HORRIBLE life but it's all Hank knows.

As for Dean... I'm calling it 50/50 that Trianna shows up.

Gravity Falls Creator Alex Hirsch Has Signed a Netflix Deal

That show’s creator, Alex Hirsch (aka the voice of Grunkle Stan), will be bringing brand-new content to a brand-new home: Netflix.

That’s about the sum total of the news so far—a press release from the streaming service notes that it’s a “multi-year overall deal,” which will see Hirsch “exclusively develop new series and features for Netflix,” specifically targeting Netflix’s adult animated division.

Adventure Time is releasing a soundtrack album for the last episode, “Come Along With Me.” The soundtrack will be available for pre-order on September 1st ahead of its release on September 4th. A vinyl edition will also be available via Mondo. (Nerdist, io9)

“Main Title (feat. Willow Smith)”
“You And Your Brain”
“Climb Time”
“Memory Strings”
“A Bad Omen”
“War Chant”
“Mind Matters”
“Imagination A Dream (feat. Bettie Ward)”
“Gum Shoes”
“In Our Minds”
“Kingdom Gum”
“Nightmare Hangover”
“March On The Monster”
“Nothing Was Real”
“Drooly Dread”
“Bubbling”
“Last Defense”
“Out Of Home”
“Time Adventure (featuring Niki Yang, Hynden Walch, Olivia Olsen, and more)”
“Sun Cycles”
“Clouds”
“Island Song”
“Waving To You”

The track "Time Adventure" was written by Rebecca Sugar. Here she is performing it at Comic-Con:

Really, that's your main spolier from the episode?

How about the fact that
Rusty's a clone.

Now, the real question is... of whom.

Is he a clone of The Monarch, with some Jonas thrown in, that didn't take and resulted in JJ?

Now that would be something else...

GasBandit

Staff member
Venture Bros

DERMOT MOTHER FUCKERS!
Good episode mostly. Some parts felt strangely rehashed, but an enjoyable low-key ep. It's probably just a symptom of how many "Wham" moments there are in this show that

the revelation that Rusty was also a clone
barely raised an eyebrow for me.

Yeah, mind-blowing twists that change everything via the obligatory Rhys Darby cameo that all cartoons have to have by law-BUT-admittedly Dermot's return was my favorite part.

Adventure Time: Come Along with me

A DAMN good finale that simultaneously ends on a logical closure point, as well as adds a BILLION cliff-hangers!

Adventure Time: Come Along with me

A DAMN good finale that simultaneously ends on a logical closure point, as well as adds a BILLION cliff-hangers!
I really like that, in what he thought were his final moments, Simon choose to comfort Finn, someone who had alternatively been both his friend and his enemy. It really shows why so many people were willing to give up everything to save him.

Also, I'm glad that Marceline and Bonnie FINALLY got to kiss. 8 years ago, when this show started, that never would have happened. Glad that Cartoon Network is FINALLY growing the fuck up.

I'm glad it's over. The show was starting to have too much going on for it to keep up, but it was able to wrap up most of it. The important stuff anyway.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Can someone explain to me why the Batman the Animated Series "deluxe" limited edition Blu-ray comes with Funko Pop figures that look nothing like the art style from the BtAS?

It's a blue Batsuit! There was no time in the DCAU when Batman had a blue batsuit. And DCAU Joker didn't have orange eyes, that was The Batman's version of the Joker (the one with the dreadlocks). *sigh* At least they didn't put Harley in lingerie.

Can someone explain to me why the Batman the Animated Series "deluxe" limited edition Blu-ray comes with Funko Pop figures that look nothing like the art style from the BtAS?

It's a blue Batsuit! There was no time in the DCAU when Batman had a blue batsuit. And DCAU Joker didn't have orange eyes, that was The Batman's version of the Joker (the one with the dreadlocks). *sigh* At least they didn't put Harley in lingerie.
Its so they can justify hiking up the price Pezzy old bean, even IF you logically don't want three plastic/vinyl papeweights that you would subtlely hate yourself if you bought directly, because there's so many other expensive things to own that are MUCH more worth it.

Adventure Time
I'm sad to see it go, but it was a great ending. I'm still kinda mad at Cartoon Network for not making the reruns easily available the last 2 years. Still, I'm glad we had this show for as long as we did.

Paradise PD

WOW this...this show sucks. The satire is obvious, almost NONE of the characters are likable or original(including a talking dog whose a rip-off of that old Family Guy ep where Brian became an addict through becoming a drug detecting dog), and its over use of crude humor is a shallow mask for a lack of real substance. Its weird to consider Brickleberry a step UP from anything BUT-here you go.

Last edited:
Venture Brothers

I want one of those Big Villain t-shirts.
Did you watch this early? Crap, why am I staying up until midnight then?!

Huh, didn't know Dreamworks was behind this reboot as well! Let's just hope they don't give one of the main characters a gay love interest in the 7th season just to kill him off because DRAMA!

Yeah, but they've kinda of... hit it big?
That was exactly why I assumed we wouldn't see any more of it. Those episodes looked insanely time consuming and are probably difficult to monetize since I don't see a way for it to work in a half hour format without losing what made it good in the first place. How much money is there in web shorts?

How much money is there in web shorts?
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondo_Media
Mondo's most successful shows are Happy Tree Friends, which was later adapted for TV, home video, a video game, and merchandise,[3]Dick Figures which is adapted into a theatrical film, has a line of merchandises and was nominated for an Annie Award for Best Directing in an Animated Television or other Broadcast Venue Production,[4] and Deep Space 69.
[...]
According to AdAge Magazine in January 2013, Mondo Media was the top-ranked and all-time most popular YouTube channel, with 1.3 billion views and 1.3 million subscribers.
I’m still sore that I can’t get the entirety of the God and Devil Show. Many of them were not rereleased, and the Time-Warner vendor-specific option has of course been scrubbed from the ones that have.

—Patrick