[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

I like it. My only criticism is that it feels a little bit flat without the horns in the chorus, opting instead for a more understated percussion.
That was my only issue, too. They do bring some of the fanfare into the last stanza in an understated way--I can understand the idea to hold off on it until the end, but I think in doing so it should have a little more oomph for the short time it does appear.

That was my only issue, too. They do bring some of the fanfare into the last stanza in an understated way--I can understand the idea to hold off on it until the end, but I think in doing so it should have a little more oomph for the short time it does appear.
It probably also doesn't help that the chorus, along with the fanfare, has been a constant part of my subconscious for over 20 years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Watched the first couple episodes of Little Witch Academia. Dunno if I'm gonna be able to stick with this one... the protagonist isn't just naive, she's astonishingly obtuse. She keeps trying to cast magic by just saying what she wants to happen, despite having witnessed other witches-in-training using magic on multiple occasions - more than enough to at least know that a magic spell needs some form of MAGIC WORDS. /headdesk

Watched the first couple episodes of Little Witch Academia. Dunno if I'm gonna be able to stick with this one... the protagonist isn't just naive, she's astonishingly obtuse. She keeps trying to cast magic by just saying what she wants to happen, despite having witnessed other witches-in-training using magic on multiple occasions - more than enough to at least know that a magic spell needs some form of MAGIC WORDS. /headdesk
Advice on Little Witch Academia:

Eps 1-3: Bear with Akko at her dumbest.
Ep 4: You COULD skip this one, but you'd miss a lot of blink-and-you-miss-it cameos. Message is on point.
Ep 5: This one's fine and Akko isn't nearly as dumb.
Ep 6: Important Plot episode
Ep 7: Same deal as Ep 5. Akko stops being a complete idiot.
Ep 8: My favorite episode. Lots of cool, fun stuff. Message is on point.
Ep 9: This is the "Great Divide" of LWA. Skip it, it's universally considered the weakest episode, nothing important happens, and it has no effect on future episodes.
Eps 10-13: All great, all important.

Once the second cour hits (eps 14-25), it's all good and usually important.

FINALLY!

Watched Castlevania through. I loved it. Castlevania 3 is still one of my favorites of all time and seeing those characters depicted like that made child me giddy.

Sypha being a statue and Trevor needing to defeat a cyclops to free made me mark out so God damn hard. Also, that cyclops fight was fucking awesome, second only to Trevor and Alucard duking it out.

The cast was wonderful.

My only complaint is the second episode kind of drags and considering it only had 4 episodes, there should have been no fat to cut.

Castlevania was great, and agree on the general consensus that it should've been more than 4 episodes. Just such an awkward number for a mini-series. ALSO-at the end-
Trevor: Are you evil?
Alucard: I don't know, AM I?
Trevor: That means yes-LETS FIGHT!
*CLING**CLANG**CLUNG*
Alucard:JK, I'm a good guy-LET'S KILL MY DAD!
A very well animated fight scene...but still had a layer of stupid to it.

I'm more surprised the demand for exterminators is so high that the area can support so many competing businesses...unless it's the same handful of vendors changing their names over and over to avoid litigation, that is.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm more surprised the demand for exterminators is so high that the area can support so many competing businesses...unless it's the same handful of vendors changing their names over and over to avoid litigation, that is.

--Patrick
Probably. Notice it is the exact same make and model van each time.

(Actually, I think it's alternate universes, because each one depicts the same event at the same moment in time)

Each universe diverging at the point where someone says, "We need a catchy name for our business. I know! Let's call it..."

--Patrick

Adventure Time

BE PREPARED FOLKS-the last eps of season 8 are fucking in-TENSE! Also poorly advertised, but fuck it the show's ending at 9 anyway.