[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

I remember that comic! He got to just before the climax, and then abruptly stopped. Kept saying for the longest time he'd get back to finish it; never found out if he ever did. But I'm glad he got somewhere with his talents.
He came back, did a few pages, then deleted the entire thing because people wouldn't leave him alone about it. He basically gave up on it out of spite.[DOUBLEPOST=1436324608,1436324147][/DOUBLEPOST]Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, Clarence, and Regular Show are all getting additional seasons.

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that Pen Ward only left as show-runner, he's still involved with the show and is writing the movie.

And now because I'm sexy I shall shift the topic- TO THE BEN 10 REBOOT! A REBOOT THAT IIIIIIIIIIIIII- am completely for. Now I liked Omniverse, and am sad it's story won't be continued, but since Alien Force the series has had too many problems , too many retcons, and too many rein holding shifts to be considered a proper chronology. Hell, in Omniverse they had to say that the crazy changes in this series were because of "Celestial Sapiens changing the universe"! When you need magical space aliens to explain your plot-holes, you KNOW yours story needs help. I just hope they keep the whole "Glitchy Omnitrix" bit only in the first season or two. It got old- REAL fast. Also lets hope Vilgax's last role won't be wussing out to Ma Vreedle. Funny? Yes. Lame? Very yes.

This is huge tribute to another anime, right down to the background color and chibi style. I just can't for the life of me remember which one.
Sam here, Slayers maybe? I think they did something LIKE this, but not exactly.

I also hope they do more of these, this was fun! And confirmed exactly WHAT the gems are physically in being basically holograms with mass.

I also hope they do more of these, this was fun! And confirmed exactly WHAT the gems are physically in being basically holograms with mass.
The real question is WHERE does this mass come from? It could be simulated mass via gravity field manipulation (which would make sense because Garnet seems to be able to adjust her weight on demand) but if it's real, actual matter then it's being spontaneously generated from the Gem magically, conservation of energy be damned.

The real question is WHERE does this mass come from? It could be simulated mass via gravity field manipulation (which would make sense because Garnet seems to be able to adjust her weight on demand) but if it's real, actual matter then it's being spontaneously generated from the Gem magically, conservation of energy be damned.
Marvel always plays it off as "presumably from some extradimensional source."

--Patrick

I thought it was magic. They've called their powers magic before, and I thought someone in the old Steven Universe thread said some of this stuff is drawn off of magical girl anime.

The stuff that The Crystal Gems and Lapis Lazuli do sure look like magic, but on the other hand, Peridot looks all technology, so... little of column A, little of column B?

Advanced science appearing to be magic and all that.

The stuff that The Crystal Gems and Lapis Lazuli do sure look like magic, but on the other hand, Peridot looks all technology, so... little of column A, little of column B?

Advanced science appearing to be magic and all that.
That might have to do with the passage of time. When awaiting the coming of Peridot, the Crystal Gems refer to her as a "modern gem." Those trapped on Earth are all gems from thousands of years ago, so perhaps this has to do with the changes happening on the gem homeworld. Our heroes, Lapis, they have no idea what's gone on for all those years.

There's something funny about Grunkle Not-Stan looks like the 10th Doctor. (No tie, but the hair and jacket definitely.)

Just wanted to mention that this scene from Steven Universe shows just how deeply affecting this show can be.

When Pearl breaks down and accidentally calls Steven Rose, I honestly teared up watching it. It's clear that she was in love with Rose, and I think Steven is so important to her because she believes that Rose will return somehow through Steven.

Speaking of which, my speculation is that Lion is the rest of Rose's essence that wasn't used to create Steven.

Just wanted to mention that this scene from Steven Universe shows just how deeply affecting this show can be.

When Pearl breaks down and accidentally calls Steven Rose, I honestly teared up watching it. It's clear that she was in love with Rose, and I think Steven is so important to her because she believes that Rose will return somehow through Steven.

Speaking of which, my speculation is that Lion is the rest of Rose's essence that wasn't used to create Steven.
Half agree on the first, and definitely agree on the second. Mostly because that would mean Lion is Steven's brother, and then Steven would call him "Lion bro" which would be adorable.

Steven Universe - Cry For Help

This might be my new favorite episode.
I can see, especially with that ending line, just DAMN!

I also love the parallels it had with "Coach Steven", the communications hub setting, Pearl's feelings of weakness, and a sweet little song. The only major difference is the ending, damn was that heavy.

Gravity Falls- A tale of two Stans

AND- half of my theory about Stan was confirmed, -
was a little disapointed that Stanley wasn't their secret grandpa but whatevs.
Either way a GREAT back story episode, full of feels!

Steven Universe - Keystone Motel

Any time Steven loses his shit, you know people are being whiny assholes. I mean... he puts up with Pearl acting like he's his MOM, but THIS was too much. I wonder how much longer he's going to be okay with Pearl though.

Steven Universe - Keystone Motel

Any time Steven loses his shit, you know people are being whiny assholes. I mean... he puts up with Pearl acting like he's his MOM, but THIS was too much. I wonder how much longer he's going to be okay with Pearl though.
Agreed, "Trouble at home" doesn't even be-GIN to describe what's going on in that house.

Either way a GREAT ep-
Ruby and Saphire's solo powers are confirmed(and now I wonder if she can user her thermoregulatory powers as Garnet), Greg showing his mature side, a call-back joke to CatFingers(about time they acknowledged that happened), Ruby and Sapphire's gratuitous acts of love, and Garnet not still not fully forgiving Pearl.