[PC Game] The Walking Dead (game)

Oh yeah, I played the DLC.

Out of 5 people, I naturally played the last one chronologically first, and of course she was the only one not to go to the camp...

doomdragon6

Staff member
Possible spoilers if you know nothing about Season 2:

I watched "Scumbag Lee" and the "Scumbag Clementine" on youtube, where all the asshole options are picked. I played Clem as very kind, still innocent, and not wanting to hurt others when not necessary. But just for the hell of it I may do a Scumbag Clem playthrough where she is an absolute bitch to everyone and see how it goes.

Finished the Season 2 Finale. This ending won't make you cry, but you will feel sick to your stomach after this.

That bit with the fucking dog in episode 1 was foreshadowing for this ending.

Also, FUCK YOU ARVO. I saved your ass like 4 times and then you fucking shoot me? I should have stolen those fucking drugs, you little shit head. The only reason your sister is dead is because you lead those psychos right to me.

Finished the Season 2 Finale. This ending won't make you cry, but you will feel sick to your stomach after this.

Also, FUCK YOU ARVO. I saved your ass like 4 times and then you fucking shoot me? I should have stolen those fucking drugs, you little shit head. The only reason your sister is dead is because you lead those psychos right to me.
I cried ;_;

Did you decide to go with anyone? I ended up shooting Kenny (the right move at the time) and then ditching Jane because she caused the whole thing.
Yeah, I let Kenny kill Jane, because I honestly thought Jane had killed the baby in order to get away from the Walkers. Afterwards I went with Kenny, but told him he was dangerous, and he said he knew, but he was trying his best to get better.

We then found Wellington, who wouldn't let us in because they were overfilled, and Kenny broke down and cried, and begged them to just accept Clementine and Alvin Jr. And then there was a long, tear-jerking goodbye with Kenny, with Clem begging him not to go, and him explaining he can't trust himself to always do the right thing.

Oh man what have I done to this story.

Gaaaah.[DOUBLEPOST=1409104380,1409104295][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I let Kenny kill Jane, because I honestly thought Jane had killed the baby in order to get away from the Walkers. Afterwards I went with Kenny, but told him he was dangerous, and he said he knew, but he was trying his best to get better.

We then found Wellington, who wouldn't let us in because they were overfilled, and Kenny broke down and cried, and begged them to just accept Clementine and Alvin Jr. And then there was a long, tear-jerking goodbye with Kenny, with Clem begging him not to go, and him explaining he can't trust himself to always do the right thing.
I actually chose to stay with Kenny. Man, they sure know how to make a dramatic ending. That whole ending sequence. Edge of my seat.

For what it's worth, Kenny isn't upset in the least if you shoot him. He understands why you did it and forgives you.

Ditching Jane has her admit that she can't go on alone anymore. Then final scene is Clem coming upon a horde in a warmer environment. She cuts up a zombie, covers both her and Alvin in goop, and calmly walks in.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I loved my ending. (Kenny, Clem, AJ go to Wellington, Clem and AJ stay.)

It, for me, was my perfect ending. I hope everyone else got their perfect ending.

There's no way I could shoot Kenny. He's been loyal and had my back the whole time, even if he makes some bad decisions. As soon as Jane said "Whatever happens, don't get in the middle of it," I knew what she'd done. She was asking for a fight, and you don't need manipulative shit like that in your life. Kenny may have been an ass plenty, but he was always a straight-talker and never manipulative, and that is worth more than anything in a friendship, especially a zombie apocalypse.

I started despising Arvo the second he turned on us for "stealing" even though I didn't.

At any rate, for me, the ending I got was perfect, and I'm glad that I led myself there.

I'm interested to see where Season 3 goes, but I'm fairly certain it won't be starring Clementine. I can see if people got a different ending, they may want more. But with my ending, Clementine is safe. She'll be able to grow up, have a life, make new friends, and honor Lee and Kenny's wishes by keeping safe and (For Kenny) keeping AJ safe. It ties everything up wonderfully.

I feel better about my decision now...

Got the same as Doom and felt it was right. My wife is pissed at me for it though, so she's making up her own headcanon for what she'd rather have happened. Power to her, I guess.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Got the same as Doom and felt it was right. My wife is pissed at me for it though, so she's making up her own headcanon for what she'd rather have happened. Power to her, I guess.
Well, there are a few other options if she wants to take a crack at it. ;D

Well, there are a few other options if she wants to take a crack at it. ;D
That's what I said, and she says she can't play games like that. She plays Oblivion daily and got through the Mass Effect trilogy, but she can't play what's essentially Dialogue Option Dead: Season 2 because it has QTE and the dialogue choices go by too fast for her indecisiveness. So, I brought up Youtube, and she didn't want that.

Long story short, she spent an hour being pissed because I didn't choose the ending she wanted for the game I was playing. :rolleyes:

doomdragon6

Staff member
It's a high intensity game, somewhat, so it's killer for people with indecision, anxiety, and stress issues. If it helps her in the absolute slightest, you can hit escape to pause and mull over your options. It'll go to the menu screen, but if you can remember the general choices, you can pick.

My roommate can't play the game because it's too stressful. He's afraid of making the wrong decisions. I was like, "Even if you die, you respawn immediately," but it's too much for him. XD

Maybe this game should be in job interviews to see how well people can make decisions and stand by them.

........ Is it bad that I didn't find it THAT high intensity?

What I DO love about it is that it's specifically designed against save-scumming.... you make a choice, you live with it, just like in real life. And just like in real life, there's not always a "good" option.

Seriously, I love this game, I love the format of it, and I need moooooooooooore!

You can go back and do-over, but you have to do the whole scene, without being able to skip dialogue ... which really sucks, as we found out when I loaded by accident.

Resurrecting the thread since I just finished it and so far no one else went with the ending I did:

I ended up shooting Kenny and going with Jane. I believed her that she didn't expect her trick to turn into a fight to the death, and she was right about Kenny. Even after defending Kenny for a while, he was just unstable. He admitted it even after you shoot him. I hated doing it, but I didn't see how siding with Kenny wouldn't end with the same thing happening again later, just with different people. Jane's a competent ally and does want to help Clem.

It ends with the three of you going back to Carver's place, finding it full of dead people with some food left. Soon after you get there, three people show up, two parents and their kid (or so they claim), and they ask if they can come in. You can either let them in or turn them away. I let them in, you can't rebuild anything while being paranoid about everyone (that doesn't mean not to be careful and keep an eye on new people, of course).

I can't see season 3 following Clem anymore, at least as a main character, given the massive differences in the endings.

"Kirkman also implies that the new Season will be more closely intertwined with the events of the comic series.

Hm. I'm not sure if I like that. Part of the Telltale games' pull or charm is that they're largely separate from the comic. Because they use entirely different locations and (primarily) new characters, you have absolutely no clue what everyone's game is.

On the other hand, it'd be interesting if we could explore, say, Alexandria or Hilltop, if they fall into the same timeline as Clem.

"Kirkman also implies that the new Season will be more closely intertwined with the events of the comic series.

Hm. I'm not sure if I like that. Part of the Telltale games' pull or charm is that they're largely separate from the comic. Because they use entirely different locations and (primarily) new characters, you have absolutely no clue what everyone's game is.

On the other hand, it'd be interesting if we could explore, say, Alexandria or Hilltop, if they fall into the same timeline as Clem.
Clem is apparently going to be in Season 3, so if it's going to be taking place around the same time as the current story stuff in the comics, she's going to be 14, as she's a year older than Carl. However, we'd need some explanation of how she got from where ever she is to DC/Virginia.

I have some money spare on my credit card... but I also have a road trip to Alabama coming up next week, and might need the emergency $$$. Will see how I'm looking after that.

New Frontier finale went up yesterday and it's now 40% off on the Telltale store, or 25% off on Steam.

Finally got a chance to go through this... this is a much different story than the previous two, but I also feel like this ultimately the most important story so far. But before I get into the story, I figured I should share my choices first.

20170707005139_1.jpg
20170707005144_1.jpg
20170707005148_1.jpg
20170707005153_1.jpg
20170707005157_1.jpg
20170707005307_1.jpg

People who lived through my story: Javi, Clem, Gab, David, Conrad, Joan, Eleanor. Maybe Max? It's not clear if he does or not.

Now onto the story...
Looking into the ratings, I kind of feel like a lot of players went into this with a "Help Clem" mindset because they'd become attached to her from the previous two games. I'll admit that my first instinct was "What would Lee do?", but I feel like that's the wrong way to look at it too. The key to REALLY understanding this story is "What would Javier want most, after losing everything?" and "What would Javier think Clem should do?". Only by exploring that avenue was I free to see through most of Clementine's bullshit. She may be right about David, but she was wrong about everything else and she needed someone to call her on it. Without someone caring enough to say "no" to her, she would have stayed the hard sociopath she becomes over Season 2.

I really liked how they did flashbacks to before the outbreak. Showing what Javier's life was like with his family and what Clem does with AJ was really important to the overall tone of this story. Embracing David is much easier and more meaningful after you see that it's Papi's final wish for Javier.

And I appreciate that, after what Clem does to Kenny if choose to shoot him in Season 2, that Clem was ready to handle it. It makes Kenny's death (foreshadowed with the dog in the first chapter) meaningful, instead of just a tragedy; his death prepared her to save a fighting family, if only temporarily.

Reactions: Dei