[PC Game] The Walking Dead (game)

So, I just finished the final chapter of TellTale's The Walking Dead.

I'm going to avoid spoilers for now, because anyone that's reading this that wonders if they should get this game, totally should. I don't think I've ever been so emotionally affected by a video game before.

I think I'm still crying.

An incredibly powerful storytelling experience, and the best damn game from TellTale to date.

I beat chapter one the other day. It's really good so far. I do and don't like the way the dialogue options are timed the way they are. I like it because it feels authentic but on the other hand I can't read that fast all the time :/ .

I made the mistake of having the TV on as well when I played so I said something without realizing it and got the notification that Clementine would remember that but I don't know what it was.

I don't own the game, but I've been following Tobuscus's Let's Plays. First time I've ever been hooked into watching a game. But then, it basically seems to be an interactive movie.

I don't own the game, but I've been following Tobuscus's Let's Plays. First time I've ever been hooked into watching a game. But then, it basically seems to be an interactive movie.
It's the interactivity that makes it so gripping. You have hard choices to make, and a short time to make them. I think I regretted every decision I made immediately, wondering if it would be the one that got everyone killed.

Started Episode 2 last night.... damn, that was crazy....

I think everyone is going to die.... but as long it's only me an Carley left, all is well in the world.

I played the last episode last week. It really does hit you hard. What I love about the game isn't just the great characters or engaging moments, but the real nail-biting decisions you have to make. There were some, especially the "it's either A or B. CHOOSE" moments. I actually paused the game a few times because i really didn't know what decision to make.

Finished Episode 2.

Wasn't shocked by the turn. Damn, lots of decisions. Geez can people not be told NO once and have to remind me over and over again even though I've been an awesome bro 90% of the time. There's like... all women. I liked it... not as much as the first one. However, Larry is dead.... and I played nice... the Kenny turned on me, bastard. I should just take Lilly and Carley and start anew somewhere.... and the motel is right there....

Finished Episode 3

That mid episode thing that happened completely destroyed me... then the whole Katjaa/Duck thing. Jesus christ.

Picked up a few strays but they have been far less interesting.

Someone I truly wonder if my choices really matter. I say no to Kenny once and he's literally not my friend anymore and I've been cool as fuck with him.

Also Ben is useless as fuck and he keeps surviving.

Finished Episode 3

That mid episode thing that happened completely destroyed me... then the whole Katjaa/Duck thing. Jesus christ.

Picked up a few strays but they have been far less interesting.

Someone I truly wonder if my choices really matter. I say no to Kenny once and he's literally not my friend anymore and I've been cool as fuck with him.

Also Ben is useless as fuck and he keeps surviving.
Truly a WHAM episode. I got scared for a minute when

Clem suddenly appeared as zombie. Fortunately, it was all just a dream.

Dude, that was very well done... very very well done.

And this is after I took an hour break to calm the fuck down after Lilly murdered Carley... I was like... WHAT THE FUCK

Dude, that was very well done... very very well done.

And this is after I took an hour break to calm the fuck down after Lilly murdered Carley... I was like... WHAT THE FUCK
I am curious though how much I can change the story. I have not as of yet gone back and redone any decisions. Would Carley have been offed in Ep 1 if I had saved Doug? I chose to save that farmers son in ep 1 over duck, yet he still died. When Lilly offered to let me go with her when she wanted to steal the RV in Ep 3, would I have still been on the train? At the beginning of Ep 2, I took too long to make a decision and that music teacher got left behind (I'm apparently in the 15% of people who did that). I have no idea if Mr. One leg would have survived or not had I saved him or if that second student besides Ben would have survived (He reached for the gun and got shot only after we decided to leave the music teacher behind). I'm not sure how much the game lets you deviate. Regardless, it's a hell of a ride and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. On to Ep 4....

Also, if Ravenpoe hadn't made this thread, I probably wouldn't even have looked at this game. Kudos.

I am curious though how much I can change the story. I have not as of yet gone back and redone any decisions. Would Carley have been offed in Ep 1 if I had saved Doug? I chose to save that farmers son in ep 1 over duck, yet he still died. When Lilly offered to let me go with her when she wanted to steal the RV in Ep 3, would I have still been on the train? At the beginning of Ep 2, I took too long to make a decision and that music teacher got left behind (I'm apparently in the 15% of people who did that). I have no idea if Mr. One leg would have survived or not had I saved him or if that second student besides Ben would have survived (He reached for the gun and got shot only after we decided to leave the music teacher behind). I'm not sure how much the game lets you deviate. Regardless, it's a hell of a ride and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. On to Ep 4....

Also, if Ravenpoe hadn't made this thread, I probably wouldn't even have looked at this game. Kudos.
I saved Ben and he completely replaces Carley, with different dialogue and everything. The main plot points remain the same, Lilly will kill off whoever you saved in episode two no matter what, because it's central to the story, however, there are decisions that completely change later things in the game, you'll see...

Yeah, there's some stuff that happens no matter what, but how you get to those points and how the party feels about each other is up in the air a lot.

I can't remember if this video has been posted but if it hasn't, do not watch until you've finished chapter 5

Just finished episode 2. It felt a little less intense than episode one but the choices really got to me more.

Larry....Larry was really dead, right?

Done with episode 4.

I don't recognize the monster I see in the mirror anymore.

no but seriously this game is so intense. I just feel for these characters so much. Even in Mass Effect I didn't second guess my choices so much.

I really felt like a dick when I was annoyed by Duck all the way through and then how the scene played out with his mother... just... yeah, I felt like a total asshole

I really felt like a dick when I was annoyed by Duck all the way through and then how the scene played out with his mother... just... yeah, I felt like a total asshole
Why oh why didn't I give him a high five? My last interaction with him was to leave him hanging.

Why oh why didn't I give him a high five? My last interaction with him was to leave him hanging.
You're the worst kind of monster.

Also, finished episode 5.

Everything...everything will be ok, won't it? It was all worth it?

That was Omid and whats-her-name in the distance, right? Clem will go to them and they'll get on the train and get out of there.

You're the worst kind of monster.

Also, finished episode 5.

Everything...everything will be ok, won't it? It was all worth it?

That was Omid and whats-her-name in the distance, right? Clem will go to them and they'll get on the train and get out of there.
Poor phil. Haven't you learned the lesson of The Walking Dead yet?

Nothing will ever be ok. But you have to believe it can be to survive.

That hurt.

I don't know if everyone got the same after-credits scene, but mine was a painful image of emotional trauma and mistrust.

I want to download the DLC, but my PSN has 4.19 on it. To put what I need, I have to give them my credit card--not happening. But all the other options are for set amounts, even if you pay via Paypal.

Annoying.

I dunno. I just finished it and it's a little bit Meh. Each character's story is super short, so I was hoping for more closure in the 2nd part. I'll probably play through it again later though, to see if I can get any different outcomes.

I was way behind the power curve on this one... I only played episode one at first, then made my way slowly to episode 2..... then I had financial windfall and bout ALL of the rest of it, and ripped through the remainder in one marathon session.

Right. In. The. Feels. Seriously... I love how much they invested in you having a connection with the characters, only to leave you hanging as to whether or not your friends would survive... Well done.

I've ripped through Season 2's first two episodes, as well.

Bonnie, you bitch! I've done nothing but be nice to you, and then you lead this second-rate would-be Governor down upon us? Your ginger ass is getting shanked, first chance I get.

I was way behind the power curve on this one... I only played episode one at first, then made my way slowly to episode 2..... then I had financial windfall and bout ALL of the rest of it, and ripped through the remainder in one marathon session.

Right. In. The. Feels. Seriously... I love how much they invested in you having a connection with the characters, only to leave you hanging as to whether or not your friends would survive... Well done.

I've ripped through Season 2's first two episodes, as well.

Bonnie, you bitch! I've done nothing but be nice to you, and then you lead this second-rate would-be Governor down upon us? Your ginger ass is getting shanked, first chance I get.
It feels even worse if you played the Season 1 DLC

In which one episode has you playing as Bonnie.

Goddamnit, Bonnie, can't you do anything right?