[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Some of the major movies have their own deserving thread, but some of the less trumpeted films may fall by the way side. Use this thread to post and discuss Trailers for movies that interest you.

Embeds are preferable but as always, links to outside sources are welcome.

I'll take first shot:

Wrath of the Titans (Sequel to Clash of the Titans) coming to theaters March 30th, 2012.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/wrathofthetitans/

figmentPez

Staff member
Couldn't be better than the signed lithograph of the concept art from the pre-meeting to form the committee to work out the licensing deal for the action figure based on the animated series.

figmentPez

Staff member
Speaking of trailers, is there a good way to watch them without having to install Quicktime? That software has always annoyed me with how poorly it functions, and it's bullshit that Apple won't let me even download the trailers without it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Watch them on YouTube?

--Patrick
Finding the latest trailers on Youtube is almost as big a pain as using Quicktime, and the video has even more artifacts and other signs of poor encoding. I know this is being whiny, but these are ads I want to see. Why should I have to do the work for the advertisers? Seriously, marketing departments, get your act together.

They're worried that if you steal enough trailers in full quality, you can edit them together and "pirate" the film.

Seriously, what is it with studios thinking the entire movie needs to be in the trailer? Leave something for me to go see!

--Patrick

Finding the latest trailers on Youtube is almost as big a pain as using Quicktime, and the video has even more artifacts and other signs of poor encoding. I know this is being whiny, but these are ads I want to see. Why should I have to do the work for the advertisers? Seriously, marketing departments, get your act together.
I just typed in Prometheus into Youtube. The official trailer was the very first result.
Tried it again with the Dark Knight Rises. First result.
Tried again with Wrath of the Titans. Same. First result.
For Jon Carter I had to type in Jon Carter of Mars (But then it was the first result), so I guess thats the "big pain" you're talking about?
*edit: or I could spell the name of the movie right. "JOHN Carter" with an h. And then its the first result.

figmentPez

Staff member
Tried it again with the Dark Knight Rises. First result.
You got different results than I did. The first result for me was a sponsored trailer, one from 5 months ago. Second result was something in Spanish. I had to wade through the rest of find the new one.

You got different results than I did. The first result for me was a sponsored trailer, one from 5 months ago. Second result was something in Spanish. I had to wade through the rest of find the new one.
I just redid the search, and I don't know what to tell you, the one that was result 1 for me last night is no where to be seen. Now I'm starting to see your point.

SoI was looking up Kevin Smith's next film, "Hit Somebody", about a guy who loves hockey, sucks at hockey, but is drafted into a WHA-style league to be a goon, because he IS good at fighting. He's been talking about it for a long time now. I found an interview from last year where he said that Sean William Scott would be playing the lead (He's since said that won't be the case any longer).
Then I found this:

This is why you you should keep your ideas to yourself until they're well underway..

Hey, its not my fault you didn't read the post or look at the preview image for the trailer. :p

Besides, I was not posting it out of excitement either, looks pretty crap to me. Posting it out of a "holy crap did they ever steal Kevin Smith's idea for the film he wanted to end his career on, and piss on it" factor. Its going to be a lot harder for him to get that movie made now, and I was looking forward to it.

Not entirely sure what to make of this trailer.
I mean, I'm not sure whether to love it or loathe it.
It's 75% pure id. I'm so conflicted. Even the trailer is R-rated.

--Patrick

That... that... looks kind of... awesome. Exactly like a crazier Falling Down, which is one of my favorite movies.

Goon will probably be better than Hit Somebody, just from the simple fact that it's not being made by Kevin Smith. He posted a script excerpt on his blog and I had to read it his intro post a couple times to believe it was actually by him and not someone doing a really shitty imitation of his style.

I need to find / post a trailer of "Seeking a friend for the end of the world"

I watched the trailer for "Seeking" and I honestly can't tell if it's going to be a really good film or a really crappy one. It feels like it could either way.

--Patrick
I like it so much I want to marry it, but then I'm old and bitter too.

--Patrick
This kind of reminds me of Super, and I loved Super.

S

Soliloquy

...goddamn it. The Bourne trilogy was fine as it was.

And the writing is such obvious hack work. This new character is just like Bourne, only better because that makes it more exciting!!! But we're still calling it a Bourne movie because otherwise no one will see it.

There's actually a few stop motion films planned for the next little bit. Coraline made a big impression on the movie industry. My stop motion animator friends are very happy about that. Most of them kind of hate doing traditional, digital, and CG animation, so they were happy to find they wouldn't be completely screwed for jobs upon graduating.