[Contest] The Unofficial Halforums Trivial Awards Thread

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Rules :

- Be politically correct and as constructive as possible. Please.
- It's not a popularity show. Be cool. Mmmkay?
- Have fun with this, the Halforums Way.

Do not use ANY of the categories as an opportunity to make someone feel bad or to shame them. If that happens the thread will be shut down. -Staff

Best Advice Giver :

Funniest Poster :

Most Underrated Poster :

Best New Comer :

Dearly Missed Member :

Most Controversial Poster :

Best Halforums Couple :

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) :

Most Changed Member :

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle :

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Advice Giver: I've been helped out and proffered help by a lot of people here, personally, but plenty of people show up to help out when someone reaches out. This one is tough.

Funniest Poster: Damn. @GasBandit definitely makes me grin; fellow can turn a phrase.

Most Underrated Poster: @General Specific and his excellent taste in music.

Dearly Missed Member: @North_Ranger

Best Halforums Couple: Far and away I nominate @Dirona and @Eriol even though they won't come see me.

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle: Hm, maybe I should get a monocle...

Best Advice Giver : @PatrThom . Without a doubt. I love this man to a fault. He's a solid poster and on top of all that he helps me EACH AND EVERY time I need something new for my PC and whatnot. I hope to use his services at year's end on my new computer rig, it's been 3 years, I'm due as he's due to his awesome recognition in that sub-forum. Kudos man. <3

Funniest Poster : @Frank . His posts always manage to make me laugh. His wrestling comments are vintage Frank.

Most Underrated Poster : @Chad Sexington . He's a great guy despite the fact he probably faked an illness to avoid meeting me. His contributions to Halforums are noteworthy.

Best New Comer : @Celt Z . She's been a pretty solid addition to this forum and worthy of notice. Her posts are intelligent, thoughtful and they contribute to this forum. Not only that, she also has a huge set.... of sketches I hope to to take advantage of at some point... particularly for a drawing for my daughter and me. <3 Welcome to the forums!

Dearly Missed Member : @North_Ranger . This isn't even a debate. RIP dude. Much love.

Most Controversial Poster : @ThatNickGuy . You're too emotional man. Take a chill pill and come to Montreal and have a few beers/poutine with me. You need it.

Best Halforums Couple : @LittleKagsin and @heatherling . Let's be honest, this is my dream team. A photo-shoot of these two awesome ladies in cosplay! :eek:

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : @stienman . For all his work during the holidays for the gift exchange. Much respect.

Most Changed Member : @Chazwozel . He used to be a pretty huge dick. No offense, good Sir. But since his return, he's been a solid guy in my books and I hope this continues long term. He's a great poster when he wants to be. Would love to have a beer with him in RL (while the Habs been the Pens in the playoffs...)

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : @HCGLNS . Hobo with a monocle!

Best New Comer : @Celt Z . She's been a pretty solid addition to this forum and worthy of notice. Her posts are intelligent, thoughtful and they contribute to this forum. Not only that, she also has a huge set.... of sketches I hope to to take advantage of at some point... particularly for a drawing for my daughter and me. <3 Welcome to the forums!
You can totally take advantage of my sketches anytime. :unibrow:

I don't think I've been an active member long enough to really fill out this form with any authority, so I'm just going to say this: I'm really glad I de-lurked, and being able to interact with you guys gets me through my day. This place has a lot of character (or is it characters?). :heart:

GasBandit

Staff member
Spoilered for not influencing later votes.

Best Advice Giver : This is a really tough one to nail down. We have so many people who are highly competent in so many and varied fields of expertise. For my part, it's pretty much a tie between PatrThom, MindDetective, OC, Frank and Stienman. But that's probably because any time I look for advice, it's usually on the topic of tech or law enforcement.

Funniest Poster : Hrmmmm... I appreciate the nod, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I do my best to be funniest in certain threads... but it's gauche to vote for yourself. I'd say I generally find Adam the most consistently entertaining. Frank's a close second, but he already got a nod for advice.

Most Underrated Poster : Hrm, that's a tough one. There's so many of us that when I try to think of usernames (which is tough because usually I remember people by avatar, WHICH THEY CHANGE ALL THE TIME UGH), obviously I'm not thinking of "underrated" ones. What does it mean to be underrated? That you don't get the recognition you merit? I don't know. There are lots of great posters here, but how do you gauge recognition? The members lists don't really help because they're really just a function of time more than anything.

Best New Comer : Well, I half-jokingly say it, but the immediate name that jumps to mind is, of course, Naiwen - her views range from agreeable to insane, and I'm still not convinced she's actually a real person, but you have to admit she has set tongues wagging.

Dearly Missed Member : I know everybody is still missing North_Ranger pretty hard, but if you ask me, I think we've been pining for Shegokigo a lot longer - perhaps all the moreso because it's actually possible for her to return.

Most Controversial Poster : Continues to be Charlie, obviously.

Best Halforums Couple : Jay and Kags. HEYOO.

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : Well, obviously this can't go anywhere but to Dave. Without him there wouldn't be a halforums, and when Kurtz set us all adrift we might have simply just moved on, gone our separate ways and maybe once in a while run into each other in some distant subreddit one day.

Most Changed Member : I'm gonna say Gilgamesh. I find interacting with him much more engaging than I did Jiarn, even if he still does click "funny" on 90% of what I say seriously.

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : Need pics before I can really judge this one.

Best Advice Giver : @Frank He's never wrong.
Funniest Poster : @Frank He's always funny.
Most Underrated Poster : @Frank Everyone's always underestimating how awesome he his.
Best New Comer : @Frank He came very recently.
Dearly Missed Member : @Frank Every time he doesn't post in a thread.
Most Controversial Poster : @Frank Every time he posts an opinion there's a fight over how right he is.
Best Halforums Couple : @Frank and @Frank They're amazingly gorgeous together.
Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : @Frank Without him, I wouldn't be here.
Most Changed Member : @Frank I didn't think he could be better then he was at the beginning, but he keeps surprising me.
Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : @Frank He's so sexy, he attaches two monocles together and hangs them on his ears.

Best Advice Giver : For me, totally Pat man. His computer advice here is legendary.

Funniest Poster : Poe almost always makes me laugh in his posts. Jay's mastery of the gif is a close second.

Most Underrated Poster : I don't think anybody here is really underrated. Everyone is rated. And judged. Specifically.

Best New Comer : Yoshi...? Nah, he's been here too long to be considered new. If Naiwen kept it up it would totally be her. She really shook the place up even if you were all SUPER mean to her. All she did was hate you, where you lived and everything you stand for. Give her a break.

Dearly Missed Member : Obvious answer is obvious. Icarus, natch.

Most Controversial Poster : Charlie for sure, every time he posts, a thread is derailed to pile on top of him.

Best Halforums Couple : Jay and Adam fersher.

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : You have to put that caveat there because there is no one near as dedicated as Dave. So... I really don't know. Everyone who stuck around for so long. Cop out answer. It's actually kind of unfair to Dave. It's like having a fastest man on Earth race and saying, "Not you Flash, you're too fast for the fastest man on Earth race." and then awarding it to Quicksilver and having a big Fastest Man on Earth Parade in Flash's hometown for Quicksilver. Dave is that fastest man on Earth. Look, what I'm trying to say is Dave is a premature ejaculator.

Most Changed Member : Yoshi, he almost seems like a normal human being now. ALMOST. Maybe modern unbanned Chaz. He's pretty chill.

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : I need to see the what kind of top hat they'd be wearing first.

Last edited:
Most Underrated Poster : I don't think anybody here is really underrated. Everyone is rated. And judged. Specifically.
I'm counting that as a vote for me!

Best Advice Giver : @Cajungal
Funniest Poster : @Chad Sexington
Most Underrated Poster : @Zappit
Best New Comer : @Celt Z
Dearly Missed Member : @North_Ranger
Most Controversial Poster : @Charlie Don't Surf
Best Halforums Couple : Myself and @dill616 Because if I don't vote for us, no one will ;)
Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : @Gusto
Most Changed Member : @GasBandit He seemed to me like a politically charged guy for a long time, but he has calmed down a lot as of late
Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : Please PM me tasteful pictures for consideration in this category (Nudes will not be considered, just saved to my special folder)

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm the overly soft mom who hands out orange slices at the end of the game and tells you you're all winners. Because you have all improved my mood at some point.

So here's the deal guys. The Mods and Dave (Dave and the Mods? I think thats our new band name) discussed this thread after viewing it and some reporting.

We are going to leave it up with this caveat: Do not use ANY of the categories as an opportunity to make someone feel bad or to shame them.

If you do we will shut this entire thing down. I'm already disappointed about some of the stuff posted in here. I like to think we are better than that. Prove me right.

I'm going top post this in the main post as well so everyone sees it.

Best Advice Giver : Really depends. On technical matters, PatrThom and stienman. On philosophic matters, perhaps MindDetective... On psychological issues...Grue.

Funniest Poster : I really don't know. Plenty of funny folk here, and usually not by "jokes" but by either puns or just witty comebacks. Perhaps Emrys.

Most Underrated Poster : How'm I supposed to know how high other people rate each other? I'm tempted to go for... errr....

Best New Comer : Celt Z seems like a clear win.

Dearly Missed Member : I know Ranger's the obvious and necessary winner, but I'll throw in my €0.02 for JCM as runner-up. Imagine Ranger'd just walked away disgusted after some discussion, and think who you'd miss most...Well, okay, perhaps still Ranger, but anyway. JCM.

Most Controversial Poster : A bit of a toss-up, but with Chaz's (at least apparent) more relaxed attitude and GasBandit's mellowing in non-political threads, I'm going tohave to give this to Charlie.

Best Halforums Couple : Emrys and LittleKagsin. ....What, no slashfanfic alowed? eh :p Dill and general Specific.

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : Dedicated to who or what? Amourous Eyes, perhaps - though so much of what she does is behind the screens, she could be gone and it'd be days before the servers crashed down around Dave. Any of the long-term mod staff, really.

Most Changed Member : Chaz or GasBandit, but since Chaz's is more of a good note instead of a sad note, Chaz.

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : Doomweasel #2.542. No, wait, that's "cute". I'm fairl sure the one who could most sexily pull of some sort of monocle cosplay would be Kags, though.

Best Advice Giver : @Steinman

Funniest Poster : @GasBandit

Most Underrated Poster : @jwhouk

Best New Comer : @Celtz

Dearly Missed Member : other than the obvious, @Shegokigo

Most Controversial Poster : @CharlieDontSurf

Best Halforums Couple : Yeah, I cant keep track of which of you are together

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : I dunno...Dave is the pretty clear answer here

Most Underrated Poster : Hrm, that's a tough one. There's so many of us that when I try to think of usernames (which is tough because usually I remember people by avatar, WHICH THEY CHANGE ALL THE TIME UGH)
*ahem* My bad.

At least it's always a picture of my face?

Do not use ANY of the categories as an opportunity to make someone feel bad or to shame them.[...] I'm already disappointed about some of the stuff posted in here.
Huh. That's a shame.

My answers were not extensively researched, so if you don't see your name in a category you feel you deserve, then you must know something about yourself that I apparently don't.

Best Advice Giver : @stienman
Because he does his best to give advice which is genuinely useful and helpful, regardless of the topic(s) being discussed.
Honorable mention: @Chad Sexington, for being one of the more entertaining advice givers.

Funniest Poster : @Zappit
This was the one I struggled with most, but finally settled on the above, just for the comics.

Most Underrated Poster : @Bowielee
...for being globally ignored since 1975.
Honorable mention goes to @ThatNickGuy for not believing/accepting how much he contributes. Dude wrote a book. I wrote a 25-page paper, once.

Best New Comer : @Celt Z, for not being intimidated by the collective consciousness.
Narrowly beating out @Yoshimickster for the position.

Dearly Missed Member : Came down to @North_Ranger, @Shegokigo, or @Element 117, we will go with North_Ranger for sheer sentimentality.

Most Controversial Poster : @Charlie Don't Surf
Excluding the trolls, this came down to a fight between just a handful of forumites, but oddsmakers gave Charlie the shortest odds for a reason.

Best Halforums Couple : The adventures of @Adam and @Jay.
images.jpg

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome ) : @GasBandit
For sticking to his guns.

Most Changed Member : @Chazwozel
For learning the importance of, "I'm sorry."

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : @LittleKagsin
imgres.jpg

Amrite?

--Patrick
EDIT: Had to go back in and replace some things the board kept deleting due to <USER> tags not working as expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

GasBandit

Staff member
*ahem* My bad.

At least it's always a picture of my face?
It's like there's a new lady on halforums every week, but we lost last week's new lady. :p But yeah, at least your avatar is always you. And there have been others whose avatars were variations on a theme. These are not the people to which I was referring. And it was not meant to be a dire pronouncement either.

Better than a picture of mine, amirite?
I, personally, would rather see ERRBODY'S face. It's probably why I'm okay having my avi be me - so people can put a face with the name. And then if I change my avatar often (which I do, OH, I do) people won't be so confused because it's still my face.

Sexiest Poster wearing a monocle : @LittleKagsin
View attachment 14371
Amrite?

--Patrick
Um, YES PLEASE!

Can I vy for being sexiest poster wearing a monocle??[DOUBLEPOST=1396364314,1396364264][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's like there's a new lady on halforums every week, but we lost last week's new lady. :p But yeah, at least your avatar is always you. And there have been others whose avatars were variations on a theme. These are not the people to which I was referring. And it was not meant to be a dire pronouncement either.
Good to know. :D

Best New Comer: @Celt Z has to make this cut, and no, I swear it's not because I said I could be bought.

Most Dedicated Member (cannot be Dave if you choose Dave - because Dave is awesome): @stienman He just keeps on pumping out future Halforumites; without him, the future of the board would be a dark one.