Former President Trump Thread

I talked with a colleague in Bangkok over the Internet just today, about work-stuff. Once the stuff was taken care of, she asked me if I was following the US elections. I'm not really, but we got to talking, and turns out she is a Trump supporter (non-US citizen). When I asked her why she thought Trump was the better candidate, she said 'entertainment value' and that Trump had done good for the 'american economy'.

Not sure I subscribe to both of those statements, but I admit you could argue a case for either one of them.

He certainly proved he can hold people's attention.
The facts would seem to refute the second point, though, like the fact that the national debt has exceeded the GDP for the first time since WW2.

--Patrick

The facts would seem to refute the second point, though, like the fact that the national debt has exceeded the GDP for the first time since WW2.
Also, the fact that the "growth" was just going steady at the same pace as under Obama, which is obvious if you look at any charts that start before 2016.

LOL, Trump tried to "claim" a bunch of states, and then Michigan was called for Biden.

And now...

Rage tweets for the rest of the night for everyone!

LOL, Trump tried to "claim" a bunch of states, and then Michigan was called for Biden.

And now...

Rage tweets for the rest of the night for everyone!
We now take you live at the White House for a statement from the soon to be former president...
giphy.gif

For those who haven't seen it:
Bernie Sanders joins Jimmy Fallon on October 23rd:

The next time someone says WHO COULD HAVE KNOWN THIS WAS COMING, show them this tweet.

--Patrick

People in general oppose change. Americans (of both parties) are probably perceived as pretty damn stubborn by the rest of the world when it comes to change as it is. Republicans even went an entire four years Presidency based on the promise of taking things back to the mentality of the 1950s. Trump just represents a hatred of things they don't understand or do not approve of and they will cling to that right of being intolerant. If it means stepping on democracy to get their way of course they will do some dumb shit. I heard some goons were trying to force their way into the Arizona ballot counting building with guns.
Trump has successfully split this country in a way that's practically just short of a civil war. His claims of being almost as good as Abraham Lincoln have a bit of a unintended double meaning now.
Can Trump be like a mirror-world Lincoln? Assuming that world's Lincoln had been dropped down a flight of steps a few times as a baby.

Fox seems to be the outlet most eager to call the election for Biden, and I'm still trying to decide if it's so they can start screaming "CORRUPTION!!!" sooner, or because the sooner Trump is gone, the sooner they can start blaming Dems for Corona deaths.

Fox seems to be the outlet most eager to call the election for Biden, and I'm still trying to decide if it's so they can start screaming "CORRUPTION!!!" sooner, or because the sooner Trump is gone, the sooner they can start blaming Dems for Corona deaths.
The actual news department of Fox News has increasingly been pushing to maintain their integrity and accuracy, and separating from the editorial/opinion folks. I think you're seeing the few actual journalists working at Fox News rebelling against the rest of the network.