Former President Trump Thread

Those absentee ballots had better get on that blue surge, because when I total up electoral votes based on who is ahead right now in each state, it shows Trump getting between 284-297. Biden REALLY needs to pull either TX or FL out of his ass in order to prevent that from happening.

--Patrick

Also, I'll say this: four years ago I went through a period of thoughtful consideration as to what happened. How could people be so blindly following their team into what could end up being complete disaster? How could I, as an American citizen, reach out to them, understand and try to affect change.

This year: Fuck you. Fuck you and everybody who looks like you. Fuck you and the pickup truck you rode in on. I'm not overstating my position when I say that I don't wish harm on anybody, but if Mitch McConnell was being raped to death by black bears on live TV, I wouldn't exactly jump up to change the channel.

TBH, I think every state should keep their counts hidden until they are done. It would solve a lot of drama.
Oh gads I would love that. "We're back on CNN, and so far we know that a bunch of people voted today. Here's Wolf Blitzer standing in front of a blank map for three hours."

Also, I'll say this: four years ago I went through a period of thoughtful consideration as to what happened. How could people be so blindly following their team into what could end up being complete disaster? How could I, as an American citizen, reach out to them, understand and try to affect change.

This year: Fuck you. Fuck you and everybody who looks like you. Fuck you and the pickup truck you rode in on. I'm not overstating my position when I say that I don't wish harm on anybody, but if Mitch McConnell was being raped to death by black bears on live TV, I wouldn't exactly jump up to change the channel.
I understand to a point. I think if people who vote for Trump are either doing so out of malice, or are willfully ignorant.

I don’t think it’s our responsibility to try to meet them in the middle, or make excuses for them. I do think we need to at least be open to allowing them to change, and accepting it. People can change, and either they will, or they’ll die off. I just hope the damage isn’t too great, and at some point we can at least work together again.

See, I purposely follow and friend some people who identify as conservative or republicans, but they're not fuckling idiots. They couldn't bring themselves to support Trump. Maybe I'm misguided, but I think if the dems put a turd sandwich up for POTUS, most of us would vote third party, or even republican if that person wasn't a monster.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe America is mostly dumb enough to always cheer for the home team, even if the home team is actively trying to kill you.

After four years of this garbage, I'd tend to agree with blots. There's no middle ground any more. Fuck 'em and their orange boi cult.

See, I purposely follow and friend some people who identify as conservative or republicans, but they're not fuckling idiots. They couldn't bring themselves to support Trump.
Being a republican who doesn't like trump means that your issue with trump is optics, not policy. Which makes you trash.

See, I purposely follow and friend some people who identify as conservative or republicans, but they're not fuckling idiots. They couldn't bring themselves to support Trump. Maybe I'm misguided, but I think if the dems put a turd sandwich up for POTUS, most of us would vote third party, or even republican if that person wasn't a monster.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe America is mostly dumb enough to always cheer for the home team, even if the home team is actively trying to kill you.
I don’t know for sure, but a lot of people are being misled. It’s almost like being in an abusive relationship. No one can force them to see what’s happening, and the damage it’s doing. That’s on them. Trying to force them to see it just makes it worse. Personally, I just don’t want to burn every bridge in case they do finally see it.

Something in this country needs to change. The divide that currently exists cannot be sustained. And I have no idea how to get through to the deluded masses that believe in the lies, conspiracy theories, etc.

I don’t know that we were ever really the “Good guys”. I mean, even with WW2 we held out as long as we could. It’s not like we were out in front of anything.

Maybe you are not the good guys anymore. Maybe this is what your country wants.
You're not entirely wrong, though. It is what some people want, in a way.
There is a large proportion of the US population that is hurting for one reason or another, and these people are voting the way they are NOT because they want to stop their own pain, but because it offends them that other people still get to be happy, so their voting choices are based on ensuring that all those happy people will have to be brought down to where they will suffer as much as they do.

--Patrick

You're not entirely wrong, though. It is what some people want, in a way.
There is a large proportion of the US population that is hurting for one reason or another, and these people are voting the way they are NOT because they want to stop their own pain, but because it offends them that other people still get to be happy, so their voting choices are based on ensuring that all those happy people will have to be brought down to where they will suffer as much as they do.

--Patrick
Except rich people. Americans love us some fucking rich people.

So, today my boss said that if Biden wins we're going to get more russian influence here, because they're paying him... :rolleyes:

It's been quite a while since i watched TV, but when i do catch some glimpses of the local stuff it seems some went full on Fox News...

Nevada's on hold until Thursday, Michigan will probably have results by tonight. Both have leads by Biden. If they hold, and WI stays for Biden...

I'd also like to point out that male America sent that message, too. Our misogyny problem is almost as bad as our racism problem.
As a cis het white male, the fact that "my" demographic pretty much went to Trump all across the board is just appaling. I'm not racist, but these white guys are all trash.